Formerly IPEX Plumbing
Plumbing

Reviews for Energy Plumbing

Mike B.
Mike B.

New plumbing installation for laundry

Needed supply and drainage lines for a new en-suite stacked washer and dryer for my 42 year old newly purchased condo. The plumbing company the building management recommended was twice the price that Energy Plumbing quoted (without having anyone available to come over to do the quote in person) and couldn’t do the job for two weeks. I found EP through Homestars. I called them because they were highly rated and right down the street. They came over immediately, gave me a very reasonable quote and got the job done within a couple of days. Everything so far is perfect. And Tatianna was very helpful and friendly on the phone. Highly recommended!

Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! It was an absolute pleasure working with you. We always aim for high quality service, efficiency and friendly customer service when completing jobs for our customers. We are here to help with all your plumbing needs.

AHAnto
AHAnto

Basemwnt waterproofing

Timely, thorough and on-budget, the crew was knowlegeable and respected the fact that they were working in my space. The property was left dry, clean, and tidier than when they began. Highly recommend Yuri and his team.

Dear Aino,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It was a great pleasure working with you. We aim for always meeting and exceeding our customers needs. Thank you for recognizing this.

Hate to Reno    from Toronto
Hate to Reno from Toronto

Absolute incompetence and dismal customer service

I hired Energy Plumbing to waterproof my basement because they had some good reviews on Homestars. HUGE mistake!

They commenced the work October 1 2018. I left some items in the basement like my washer and dryer and dehumidifer (they can't expect us to move these big appliances upstairs) to make room for the team. They assured me it was okay to leave things in the centre, as long as the perimeter was open.

They commenced breaking up my concrete floor around the perimeter and were obviously good at breaking because they broke far more than needed. They also failed to tell me that in breaking up concrete they will completely cover my floors, walls and ceilings with a thick layer of dust. My basement leads to an open pantry, so this also covers my food in dust. Oops, they forgot to mention that I'd wiping down every can individually.

They wrapped a membrane around the interior wall and cemented it in the floor. The problem is that they did not seal existing cracks or use foam between the wall and membrane. I've learned from several reputable sources these are standard practices for interior waterproofing (image of foam done properly is attached). Oops again. I also had my oil tank recently removed and had a large hole in the wall that needed to be covered or else rodents and insects had a direct path into my home. Did they cover it? Nope, they just covered all with the loose membrane. At the end I asked about the hole and they said everything is fine. I'm just a homeowner and not a sophisticated waterproofer so I should have known better and requested this in the contract. Sealing a hole takes seconds and costs almost nothing - who assumes they would not do it?

I raised these concerns with them, specifically inquiring why they would not simply cover my possessions (now destroyed) and food with dropsheets. It costs them nothing and saves homeowners a massive mess. Their response? 'I should have known there'd be a mess'. They actually implied I was stupid for not knowing and not expecting a layer of dust on in every nook and cranny of everything in that area, including appliances (pictures attached with most of the dirt wiped from appliances - they needed to be professionally cleaned).

When I told them about the broken concrete floors, they said that it's not their fault but they would consider sending someone to patch it. Gee, thanks for repairing the huge hole you made in my floor (picture attached). Anyways, I said sure, come on over and fix the cement. They didn't even reply.

When I asked about not sealing cracks or using foam or even sealing the hole, they said that they fulfilled the contract and this is how they do it. Sloppy lazy shortcuts is their policy, with a heaping amount of incompetence since if it's just lazy they'd have done it right in the first place at almost no cost. Squeezing some foam into a hole is like $2 so this can only be incompetence too.

Mostly recently (see picture) I discovered that my basement is actually not waterproofed! There is a nice puddle right there on my floor. Fabulous work Energy Plumbing.

Perhaps Energy Plumbing is good at unclogging toilets or sinks, but know definitively that they have no clue about waterproofing as verified by several experts and my unbelievable experience with these clowns causing massive destruction that could have easily been avoided with about $10 in total cost and another 10 minutes of effort. Or I guess I'm just too unsophisticated a customer to appreciate the workmanship and process that avoids dropsheets and simple foam... Great policy Energy Plumbing! Your future customers (if any) will know your shoulder shrug policy and that shoddy workmanship is "built-in to the contract".

You all should know that I served them papers to sue them for this lousy work. Their address is residential and they won't answer the door. They keep changing their company name to elude lawsuits. Must avoid!!

Dear Marc,

We can see that you are extremely upset, nonetheless, we have kept our communication with you in a professional manner all throughout. Nowhere in our emails we had any allusions towards you.

We have provided you with a contract where steps were written down and explained. We have fulfilled all that was promised, had a final walk with you to show the area and we got your consent for it. We are truly sad that this caused such a reaction from your side.

Sir, with all do respect, when the job was completed we asked you to come downstairs for final inspection. It is our practice to always wipe and clean working areas, and such was done this time as well.

For this type jobs it is a common request by companies that all items are to be removed and area cleared, we have communicated this prior to the job, however, basement was not cleared completely with items still being there. We organized work around it. Not a problem at all.

We received your approval of the job prior leaving the job site. Pictures added to our gallery under “Interior Waterproofing” show that washing machine and the dryer have been wiped after the job was done, along with the rest, the area was cleaned and organized.

We also, promptly responded to all your emails offering that we can send someone back to wipe the area again even though it has been a month since the job completion. However, our understanding based on your last email is that you are refusing this service.

As for the broken cemented floor, again, the floor itself prior us commencing the job had multiple cracks, the place that it broke off was not where we had dug out and poured the new cement in but outside of our working area. Again, we offered to come in and have it repaired for you promptly. You emailed back stating you refuse this, and then again, emailed asking to come back and have it fixed.

The job was completed and it was a quality job done. The old oil pipe was already covered with insulation, so there was no through channel to the exterior of the house. Our specialist have worked for reputable waterproofing companies in Toronto and this is the way that has been done by many. As well, we have been on the market for a long time and have done many of the same types of jobs, and have only happy customers.

With multiple rainfalls in the past month have you had any moisture in your basement? The water is being drained away from the house, and your basement is protected. Everything was explicit prior to the job completion and after the job was done you were shown the site and gave your final approval.

We think we have done our due diligence throughout the process, including communication from the past two days. We stand behind our words and our actions.

Kindly see our pictures attached from the job site.

Darren in Toronto
Darren in Toronto

Great communication! Followed up with issue

Company replied quickly to my request and sent plumber out the next morning to provide written quote for repair my kitchen pipe leak and install a new faucet.

Called back as tenant said pipes were still leaking. Company followed up and sent somebody to inspect and correct. I was impressed with this.

Darren,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We are proud to have you as our satisfied customer. Looking forward to be working with you again in the future.

Jay
Jay

Bathroom Rough-In

We needed rough-ins done for a freestanding tub and separate shower. Tatiana was very accommodating and scheduled Tom to come in and give us a quote the same day. It was a very competitive quote and we booked them to do the work the next week. Both Yuri and Tom are professional, friendly and thorough. We were very happy with the job. We even had them come back to do some additional work and had the exact same experience.

Dear Jay,

What a great feedback! We thank you kindly for being a loyal customer. We want our customers to come back hence we understand the importance of providing quality service while staying price competitive.

Kind Regards,

Ogi in Etobicoke
Ogi in Etobicoke

Laundry and Bathroom Faucet Installation

Had leaking bathroom and laundry faucets. We called Energy Plumbing for estimate and they came the same evening to check in person.
We had the job finished next day.
Yuri and Tom were very professional and quick. I would definitely recommend them and I will call them for any future plumbing works.

What a great review! Thank you dear customer for taking the time to have this posted. It was a great pleasure working with you. We thank you kindly for your business.

A M.
A M.

Cleared slow drain & fixed stuck drain stop

They were very efficient and friendly. The work was completed timely and they explained the process well.

Dear customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We always aim for best customer service, efficiency and quality. We sad to see we haven't met all your expectations. Your feedback is appreciated.

Frank
Frank

Cleared severely clogged drain pipe.

It was late Friday afternoon when we noticed our toilet would not flush. We needed it cleared ASAP as we work with young children. Energy Plumbing came to the rescue, after hours, and cleared the drain effectively. Professional, courteous, and effective. Thank you Energy Plumbing!

Frank, it was a great pleasure working with you. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We always keep our customers' priorities in mind and strive for an impeccable service.

Jennifer
Jennifer
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Plumbing. Fixed burst hose pipe in basement.

Yuri was very accommodating, respectful and knowledgeable. He can in assessed the damage and knew right away how to fix it. The job was done quickly, cleanly, and with no hassle. I randomly found this number because I needed a plumber and I really lucked out. I had experience with another plumber who wasn't so confident in his work, was rude, and tried to rip me off. That wasn't the case with Yuri.

Jennifer,

Thank you! What an amazing review. Our team always strives for highest level of quality in the jobs they do while maintaining friendly attitude and competitive pricing. Glad to have you as our customer. It was a pleasure to work with you.

info
info

Bathroom leak

My wife and I woke up to a huge puddle in the bathroom. They came the next day and fixed the leak in under an hour, and that included going out to get some nexessary parts. They did a fantastic job. I will definetly recommend them to everyone I know.

Bodhi Batista

What a great review! Thank you Bodhi for taking the time to share it with us. We take pride in the quality of service we provide and always strive for completing jobs in an efficient manner.

More about Energy Plumbing

Good plumbing is one of the most important things that turns our houses into homes. Correct installation of plumbing fixtures and their functioning guarantees a calm and comfortable life. Modern life is impossible without numerous plumbing fixtures, which require professional maintenance once in a while.

Our trained specialists will provide maintenance of your plumbing fixtures, install your washing machine or bathtub, replace your toilet or water heater, fix the leaky faucet and perform any other plumbing services your house requires. Our experts will offer advice on the best fixtures you need to obtain and thorough information on how to properly maintain the plumbing fixtures and plumbing systems.

Energy Plumbing experienced professionals will find the best solution for your plumbing problem and they will deliver timely and courteous service. We are a company of skilled professionals that consistently deliver high quality plumbing services at a competitive price.