Greenway Moving And Storage

Greenway Moving And Storage

Reviews for Greenway Moving And Storage

Private User reviews Richibucto Road, NB

Awful. Do not book your move with Greenway Moving

Awful company who will absolutely overcharge you. I had a studio/one-bedroom move from Toronto to NB. They quoted by approximately 1000 lbs for the move, so while packing I weighed and recorded everything to make sure I stayed within those parameters. On the day of the move, the mover tried to offer me a flat rate of 3500 lbs. I knew this was WAY more than the weight of my things, so I declined and asked to have it weighed at a scale. I immediately emailed Greenway and asked them to contact me - but no reply for almost a week. When I finally got ahold of them, they told me the weight was 3140 lbs. I asked for scaling tickets, and after arguing with them, they finally provided me with them a day later. One looked legit, but the other way barely legible and without a timestamp. I called the scaling company - turns out they have no record of this scaling ticket, and the ticket # didn't even exist. This company overcharged me $1070. They are a disaster to deal with. You can see my full complaint on BBB to understand the magnitude of how awful this company is. If you think you will save money by booking through this company, you are unfortunately wrong. You way pay at least 2x the amount of any honest company.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

moving

Original quote was $850.00. Final bill $2304.00. I booked after being assured movers were equipped with PPE. They showed up with no PPE. I was their second move of the day and they had one further move the same day. They did not wrap any furniture, walls were marked and curio cabinet was broken. My furniture was WET after they left. Not sure where the moisture came from. Disgusting, filthy and beyond unprofessional. BBB and Health Dept. here I come.

Private User reviews Wasaga Beach, ON

Damage claims go unanswered

Paid almost 1300 for the initial move (quote was under 800), then paid over 100/mth for storage. I was told it was climate controlled etc.
After about 9 months in storage, I have the move completed. My items were broken, boxes covered in mold, my brand new mattress was stained from sitting in water, my lamp was smashed etc. Before the guys would unload, they also watched me etransfer a tip of 150 bucks before they unloaded. The accounting department were I had to submit pics and my claim has gone unanswered for 6 weeks. They said 4 weeks. Now my emails cannot go through. Horrible service with zero respect for the customer or your belongings. USE AT OWN RISK! Terrible company.

Emma in Toronto
Emma in Toronto

Extra Fees not in Quote

I was charged a Warehouse Handling Fee (120 plus HST) which was not included in my quote, then told I had to pay for my things to be moved, but that I could call when the head officed opened on Monday; my move was on a Saturday. Head office agreed that they did not quote a Warehouse Handling Fee. I was told I needed to fill a form to get my money back. I took the time to fill out the form only to revice a response weeks after one was promised that "All moves that are not a same day or next day move are offloaded into our warehouse..." and that is why I was charged the fee.

Craig Shaw  in North York
Craig Shaw in North York

Best movers

These guys were absolutely fantastic. They came to my home, wrapped all of my furniture with speed and precision as well as my baby grand piano, which I was most worried about. They took great care in moving my belongings into and out of the moving vans. The fee was more than fair for the work involved. Carefully attentive movers listened to my concerns and were responsive to arrange my move. Moving is stressful and they made it less so! Thank you! I will be recommending you to everyone.

tonella1991 in Windsor
tonella1991 in Windsor
1 review Windsor, ON

Reviews

I paid over 11000.00 for my 4800.00 estimate. Truck was to be there at 9 arrived at 2. Packed till midnight truck was to small I was told 130 am new truck new truck 4 am 2 guys show up saying they are tired. They cannot speak English. Has to be out of home by noon. Truck not loaded till 3. All my things are broken. Mirrors. Cast iron tables. Company tried to charge 2000.00 extra to take my belongings off the truck . Moonstar greenway moving beware very misleading will post more with pictures on social media

SAN  in
SAN in
1 review , ON

Pros

The guys were very professional and organized. Thanks for being so careful guys. Keep it up.
The price was reasonable too. If I need to move again I will definitely call greenway moving.

CFredUp in North York
CFredUp in North York

Worst move ever

13 hours to move 3 bedroom condo with invoice that was almost three times the estimate. I had to pay because they won’t unload until paid. Nothing where it should be and unwrapped furniture on soaking wet floor of truck. They took everything apart and didn’t tell us until after that it was $75/item to reassemble. They left dangerous piles of furniture and boxes everywhere.

Bobbe in North York
Bobbe in North York

Pros

I Had a great experience with GreenWay movers. They moved me from Montreal to New York and quoted me lower than any other moving company in Monreal. They were also able to take on the job on very short notice and helped me with all the paper work required to move my things to the States. All of my belongings arrived undamaged and on time. I would highly recommend these guys!!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your experience. Moving can definitely be a stressful time and we're so glad to hear the crew made the day a smooth one for you. We hope you enjoy your new home and thanks again for choosing GreenWay Moving!

Cristal in North York
Cristal in North York

highly recommended

They did a very good job on packing, loading and unloading everything. Nothing damaged. it was a full packing and same day job. They did it these guys are really good on what they are doing. I highly recommend GreenWay moving. Special thanks to Ata Jamal and Bulent.

Cristal - Thank for posting this great review about your experience with GreenWay Moving & Storage. We pride ourselves on the work our employees do in taking great care of clients' possessions and we're happy to hear your move was successful as well! We hope you enjoy your new home!

Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Toronto?