Interlocking Stone

Reviews for MDL Construction

Heidi in Toronto
Heidi in Toronto

Front Entrance, Landscape and Pavers

Excellent job! Carlos and Daniel are professional, they arrive on time, clean up and goes the extra miles. This is the second project they have completed for me. Carlos is talented and his skills is reflected in the quality of work they produce. His passion and vision is 100%. I am 125% satisfied with the construction, material and design. Looking forward to Phase II.

Thanks a lot for the kind words and the time you took to write this review. Means a lot to us the satisfaction of our clients. Thanks again!
Looking forward to do your porch next year, it's going to look amazing !!

Craig
Craig

Fence (Cedar, horizontal, privacy fence with gates)

Installed a cedar, horizontal privacy fence with two gates, caps and hardware. Did an excellent job cleaning up the treeline on the property boundary. Completed on time and cost as agreed. Good design, cleaned up when they were done.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!
We take such great pride in all of our projects it means so much to us when our clients appreciate it. It was a pleasure to work for you.

Joan E.
Joan E.

Retaining Wall

From the initial meeting with Carlos and Daniel, we felt comfortable with their credentials and expert advice. They undertook a major project to replace a huge pressure treated lumber retaining wall with a new system using vegetated bags that would be better environmentally for the ravine setting and also esthetically pleasing.

Carlos and Daniel demonstrated that they were adept at dealing with all the levels of municipal agencies such as City of Toronto Urban Forestry, Municipal Standards, tree removal specialists as well as the geotechnical engineer.

They coordinated all the phases of the project from demolition to rebuilding and everything in between. They were flexible to small changes that were necessary and communicated any issues that came up.

Carlos & Daniel completed the project on time and within our budget. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for! . These guys are definitely worth very penny and more. It was a pleasure to work with such professional and good guys. I highly recommend them and would not hesitate to use them for any future work.

Thanks a lot for your kind words!
It's was a great pleasure to work with you.
By far my favorite project last season. We completely love the final result. I can't wait to see it full of grass this summer. !!
Take care!

Alena P.
Alena P.

Full basement renovation

We love our new basement! We purchased our house a couple of years ago and it came with a fairly standard builders basement. We wanted to update into a modern entertainment space downstairs for the kids to play.

Carlos and Daniel were both really great, the job was done quickly, and the workers were NEAT and TIDY. They were very friendly and professional young men. Don’t hesitate to call them, Carlos walked us through everything in our first call.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this review.
It's was our pleasure to work with you and we are looking forward for any upcoming projects you may have.
Thank you very much.
Carlos Vicente .
MDL Construction.

J P.
J P.
1 review Scarborough, ON

Bathroom Renovation

My mom has lived in the same house since the 70’s and the bathroom was due for a renovation. The bathtub had older heavy sliding doors, which no longer rolled with ease. I decided to hire MDL construction last winter to update her bathroom and to make it more accessible.
Carlos was so helpful and patient and walked us through our best options for lowering the tub and making the entrance completely door less as my mother was having trouble exiting the bathtub. We decided to pay for extra designs so we could get a visual sense of the materials and layout in the space. It was so helpful, and allowed us to make a decision about building-in a shower bench.
MDL was very helpful as we tried to make the best decisions about materials, and explained to us how and why they use only premium materials on water proofing and tiling. My mom had issues with leaks with the old bathroom so right away we were sold. MDL Moved a wall, enlarging our bathroom, they removed the tub and replaced it with a full sized shower with a pebble tiled floor and updated the lighting to nice bright pot lights.
My mom loves the new shower and the whole renovation shocked her off her feet in a good way. We wanted a bathroom my mom could love and that she could comfortably grow old with and we are overjoyed with the end result. It’s beautiful, functional, and we can tell it’s built to last. I highly recommend MDL and I encourage all my friends thinking about renovations to contact them.

Thank you very much for your kind words. It was our pleasure to be able to help in such an amazing bathroom make over.
Working for you guys was a great pleasure, and we are looking forward to any future updates you may need.
Thanks a lot,
Mdl.Construction

Tearing down and erecting a new fence

Great job, efficient, friendly and clean
Showed up on time and finished on the day I was told
I have already recommended this company to other people
Very professional young men
Clean up was great
Thank-you

Thank you so much for writing your review. Building your new fence was our pleasure! We appreciate your recommendations and can't wait to build something amazing for your friends and family.
Thanks. !!!!!

Power Jet Plumbing in Concord
Power Jet Plumbing in Concord

Backyard interlock

If I could give Carlos and his team 11 stars I would. As a contractor myself, I know what it takes to satisfy customers and MDL went beyond expectations. I've never worked with such amazing people in my life. From design, ideas, workmanship, punctuality, they exceeded and delivered on every aspect. Job was done on time, on budget, and exceptionally well. I created a great bond with all the guys for the 30 days the big project took. They created a massive retaining wall, followed by about 1000 sq ft of interlock - as well as repairs to existing interlock around the house. They also built us steps, pathway at side of house, absolutely stunning fire pit, and planting beds. I can't recommend them enough - and looking forward to a little more work next year.

Thanks a lot Adam! It's being a pleasure to work with you. Helping you to create this backyard it's being fenomenal ! We cant wait to work again with you in the future.
Carlos.

Great Landscaping / Interlocking Work!

Hired MDL for a small backyard job where we were installing interlocking on very short notice. Carlos was really prompt with the quote and even with weather issues, the job was completed on time.

He also provided excellent design advice on the right materials and layout (he's an architecture student) - this is VERY under-rated but makes the difference between good to great jobs. The Instagram account was really useful in understanding the quality and range of their work.

I've already had multiple neighbours either hire or ask about the job. Would recommend again! Thanks MDL.

(Before and After photo shown)

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!

Interlocking back yard

Hired Carlos for a very small job that was declined by other landscaping companies as my project was deemed as being “too” small. He provided a very prompt and professional service. They arrived early and completed the job on budget and on time… my back yard now looks amazing.
I have since recommended him to two friends and two colleagues as well.

Thanks a lot. It was a pleasure to work in you project.

More about MDL Construction

MDL Construction has been providing dream landscapes and living spaces for over ten years across the GTA. Services range from 3D design to custom renovations and building. We can help you envision your project from start to finish. Whether it's your dream backyard experience or the spa bathroom you've always wanted, the team at MDL will take the stress out of home improvement.
***
Our primary focus is sustainability. To us that means: durable hardscapes, use of recycled materials and green design. It also means we want the work we do for you to last. That's why we offer a 2 year warranty.

Registered Designers with Province of Ontario