HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Vaughan  >  Express Appliance Repair
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Express Appliance Repair

William from Scarborough

This company makes an expensive repair, then make promises if the repair did not correct the problem they would apply monies spent to correctly repair your appliance. When you call into the company telling them they did noit fix your appliance properly they tell you the manager will get back to you. At that point they black ball your phone number. Trust me, I used five different phone numbers, got the same response from the same person answering the phone five times, no call back from the so called manager. I am out $400. Please use another repair company.

Job Price
Irene in Vaughan

Sep 26, 2017.
I have an update on my original review. The owner of the company (Igor) called today and offered a refund of the service call charge, given the fact that no service was performed. Taking this into consideration, I update my initial rating to nine stars - for taking full responsibility and resolving the situation to the best outcome possible.

Sep 15, 2017.
I do not recommend this company. Here’s why.
I had a problem with my fridge which stopped maintaining cold temperature (freezer was working fine). This is my experience with EXPRESS REPAIR company's service on September 15, 17.
The technician (Ivan) came on time. Once he removed the back panel he did the visual inspection and said that the source of problem is “most likely the thermostat-defroster”. He did not perform the continuity test with multimeter to determine whether its faulty or not. When I asked if he was sure about his diagnosis, he said “if it's not this, then its something else and we will look into it then”.
Despite advertisement, he did not have the new part with him, so offered to come back next day and said it would take “15 mins to do the job”. The price for the job was quoted as $120 for the part (thermostat-defroster) and $160 labor charge., total $280 all in. I wanted the repair to be done the same day, so I paid him $67.80 service call charge and declined the service.
And I am so glad I did. The very same day I went to a local parts store in Mississauga and bought thermostat-defroster for $28.16 (see pictures included). I understand that mark-ups are part of doing the business but FOUR TIMES the actual price?!? Unacceptable.
The worst part though – another technician came in the evening and replaced a completely different detail – Evaporator fan motor kit at the back of the freezer (pic incl.) and it fixed the problem! The fridge is cool and working fine.
Verdict – questionable competence and indecently inflated prices for parts. Not trustworthy.

Review has 1 previous version