Express Appliance Repair

Express Appliance Repair

Reviews for Express Appliance Repair

Craig
Craig

fixed it then wouldn't honor warranty these guys stink

Same review as the others - a top dollar product for a fly-by-night service. Fixed my washing machine (replaced the fill hose) and charged $340 for that and $40 for the hose - 45 minute call, tops. Which is fine, downtown is expensive.

Fix lasted less than 30 days, these guys wouldn't honor the 30 day warranty since we couldn't prove that we called within that 30 day period etcetera etcetera (they did not respond to our voicemail and reach-out by website - make sure you document and can prove that you called these guys or you'll get nowhere - treat it like a court case). You could tell the lady who took my call to was used to this kind of inquiry. She had "the customer service wall" up nice and solid - no getting around it or over it to get any customer service at all. "Pay us again and we'll come take a look again." was their offer. These guys are no good.

Helena in Georgetown
Helena in Georgetown
0 reviews Georgetown, ON

Express Appliance Repair Terrible Experience

Terrible experience. The spent ~$475 less than 90 days ago to repair a loud sound in my dryer. Tech came back for same issue and told be it was just a vibration that has been growing louder every day but they only warranty their work for 30 days. The work was never good quality from the get go and they won't stand behind their work. Very disappointing. I do not recommend their services.
Helena

Price gouging, exorbitant Rates

My Kenmore Fridge was not cooling for 2 days. Dec 10, 2020 I call this company to ask about repairs, $89 service cost was waive, within 15 problem soled, the relay broken, charged $265 labour, $90 parts, +tax came at 2pm, gone before 3pm. Technician informed I have to pay for his University tuition. This is way over a reasonable fee, this is exploitation and a cash grab. $265 for less than an hour work, bearing in mind that they waive the $89 plus.
I will never ever use or recommend this company again,
Consumers beware

Most painful fridge repair ever

Over priced for a simple repair that failed after 3mos. No warranty on work.

Technician spoke untruths about service and when I complained to head office, calls and questions were ignored for 3mos. Left on hold for hours, hung up on, calls not returned by customer service and they refused to escalate my concerns to management.

Believe all the negative reviews written about this company

Beatriz in Toronto
Beatriz in Toronto

Not knowledgeable about their work, terrible service and Customer care

I contacted the company to come and fix my water dispenser, which stopped working. I got someone coming in the next day and diagnosed it was the valve not working. He gave me a quote for 500 dollars to change the valve to the water dispenser, I thought it was higher than what I was expecting for sure but still decided to proceed as I like the filtered water from my fridge. They contacted me when they had the part available and scheduled a 2nd visit. When this person came the 2nd time, I was next to him while he was doing the change. After changing the part, the fridge didn't work. It was showing exactly the same issue. He then mentioned that I had a leak in one of the hoses that go from the valve to the actual dispenser, and that the fridge has some "intelligence" to stop the valve from getting the water to the dispenser if it detects a leak. I was unimpressed with his explanation and challenged his argument. I asked him if it was not possible that the hose was what it was the problem from the very beginning, but he kept insisting that the fridge had 2 issues, the valve and the water leak (although I NEVER saw any water coming out from my fridge). When he left, he took with him the old water valve (didn't ask me if I wanted it, which I am usually asked by any technician who comes to replace a part). He did leave the hose he changed though. This left me even more uneasy about the whole situation. The water dispenser was "partially" fixed for a month, after which it stopped working again showing exactly the same symptoms from before. Over the month between the first repair and the 2nd breakdown, I tried to talk to the manager of the technician but every time I called they would tell me to call later because the manager was not around. They never offered to call me back. When the water dispenser stopped working again, I called and requested another technician to come, but they told me it had to be the same person because he "knew" the history of my fridge. When the person came again, he took quite some time to provide his diagnose. This time, according to him, my fridge had the wrong settings for the fridge temperature (which I never changed for sure in the past month) and that it was freezing the water in the hose to the dispenser and his fix was to unclog the hose. I was certainly not happy and even upset and told him that it was very hard for me to believe that my water dispenser had 3 different issues all at the same time that caused it not to work. And that I had serious doubts that the valve was required to be changed. He said that the water dispenser was fixed (3 times) and that I should be "thankful" for the amazing job he had done. And that indeed 3 things were wrong with my fridge (all happening at the same time). I have been trying to contact the company to discuss the situation with no luck. For the above, I would NOT recommend this company.

newhouse123
newhouse123

TERRIBLE - DO NOT USE

Absolutely terrible. Same as user experiences listed below. Rude and obnoxious customer service. 3 weeks, 3 visits and $1400 and fridge still doesn't work. DO NOT USE. I wish I never contacted them.

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Samsung Fridge Repair

Would use extreme caution if considering this company for any time sensitive appliance repairs.
Charged $630 for parts and labour. Problem - almost Two weeks later, parts never arrived. No insight, ahipmwnt tracking, confirmation that order was receviwd by supplier in Calgary, nothing. Two weeks without fridge. Told if I cancelled the order they would charge me a 30% restocking fee.

The Express Repair customer service team was difficult to deal with. Not insightful,unable to confirm when parts would be available for install. Would not make an effort to contact the supplier to follow up.
Kept being told that parts would arrive shortly.

Terrible customer service and attitude - No sense of urgency.

Paddy
Paddy

Fridge/Freezer Repair

BUYER BEWARE - We had them come to do a repair as our fridge and freezer were not cooling and they charged us $370 for a relay (which took all of about 30 minutes to replace). They said it would take about 6-8 hours for the fridge to get back up to temperature. We went out for dinner and came home and fridge and freezer were getting WARMER NOT COLDER!!! Called them right away and receptionist said she would call technician and call us back. No call back of course. I called 5 more times and waited for over 20 minutes each time with no response...literally no one has answered my call since. I think they block your phone number once they've TAKEN your money! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL SERVICE AND I WILL BE TELLING EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO USE THIS COMPANY.

112 in Whitby
112 in Whitby
0 reviews London, ON

Oven

The worst experience ever, he just came and check the oven and took 2min. And he gave me an option that doesn’t work to tried. As soon as I said ”no” he Pulled his phone and start collecting for the 2min service. They’re not professional don’t bother and call them.

90 dollars for false information

This is not a reputable company. I was hoping for someone to come in and fix my dishwasher, instead it turned into a rude conversation with their technician who didn't seem to know what he was doing. He even tried to jack up the original quoted price for simply staring at my dishwasher. When he left my dishwasher was still broken and misdiagnosed. The company seems to not know anything about fixing appliances.

Unless you want to pay money to have a terrible experience with their technician, a terrible experience with their customer service, and a rude conversation with their upper management that will waste hours of your life, do not use this company. They will take your money and run.

More about Express Appliance Repair

NO NEED TO STRESS, JUST CALL EXPRESS! Express Appliance Repair provides highest-quality appliance repair services to all households’ appliances. Our team of professional technicians is fully licensed and experienced many years to repair appliances such as fridge, dishwasher, washer, and dryer, etc. When you hire us, your appliance is fixed ...
Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Etobicoke ?