Maydone and Jake are the only appliance repair people I will ever use again! I am in awe of Jake, of the human being he is, the honesty he has, as well as the knowledge and experience he has as a repair person. I am still in shock as to what he was able to accomplish in my house today. All of my appliances needed fixing of some sort. Jake was able to both address and fix the issue right away, or tell me exactly what needs to be done to have the appliance fixed. No gimmicks, no games, but right down to it and offer me what I was looking for, the most economical solution and to have it done as fast as possible. Here is a list of all that he addressed today:
1. Frigidaire 64" fridge and freezer set (each unit is 32"):
- The doors were not aligning and sometimes hard to close. Jake adjusted the balance screws at the bottom of the set and that solved the problem.
- The light in the freezer part not working - he fixed it.
2. Jenn-Air double wall oven:
- Neither door was flash with the housing of the oven - Jake detached both doors, did something to them, and put them back perfectly flash with the housing and the cabinet (I was told by another appliance repair company that I need to buy door hinges for both doors, costing me time and money - time to get the part in, and money to pay for the part + installation fee.)
- Two metal plates that are positioned between the cabinet and the bottom oven kept coming out and producing a loud sound of metal hitting the metal, whenever we would open the bottom oven - Jake fixed that in a couple of minutes.
- Lights in neither oven worked - he fixed both in less than a minute.
3. Viking six burner cook-top, one of the burners doesn't work: Jake immediately told me that it is the knob that needs changing and not the burner itself (a repair man from another company told me that fixing this burner will cost me way too much money, and if I am not ready to spend that much money that I then just leave it as is.)
4. Zephyr 36" outdoor range hood not working. This particular exhaust fan has a double motor, and neither motor works. Jake found the Zephyr's website for me and showed me the price of the motor. It is about $1,100 + tax + delivery. That was not an option for me, so Jake suggested that I replace this unit with a more affordable range hood and showed me a few options that I may consider.
5. Jenn-Air dishwasher - the Start button doesn't work. Jake confirmed what other two appliance repair companies told me too, that it is the whole panel that needs changing. The difference is that the other two repair men told me that it will be cheaper for me to get a brand new dishwasher and have them install it than to change that panel. However, Jake's price for the panel + installation fee is the fraction of the cost of a brand new Jenn-Air dishwasher! What a difference, and what a saving, in money and headache!
6. Two gas fireplaces, neither works - Jake fixed them both in less than half an hour!!!
I am astonished with all that was done, how quickly it was done, the professional way it was done in, and the honesty it was done with. No other company has come even close on any of those points. Save yourself time, money and headache, don't go with any other company - Maydone is far above them all, and Jake, you are the best of the best!