Home Reno Direct

Mississauga ON L5N 1M2

Reviews for Home Reno Direct

Kat  in Oakville
Kat in Oakville

Horrible contractors with no moral code

HORRIBLE CONTRACTORS WITH NO MORAL CODE. These ppl have put us through hell. We did our due diligence and set up a contract with them over three years ago for a renovation/additions to our house. They hire unqualified subcontractors who did a horrible job and then stopped showing up. They called me to tell me that Home Reno hadn't paid them and they wanted money from me directly. I showed them proof that I had made payments to Home Reno. They didn't come back to finish the job and they put a lien on the house. When I reached out to Home Reno they were no help. I have asked them now numerous times to come take care of the warranty work and Ramon the owner responded with we don't owe you anything call the subcontractors for warranty work...WHAT??!!! my contract was with Home Reno. I will be going through Lawyers to get this addressed. Worest experience ever. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM. Save yourself the headache and find a reputable company

Kat,

your review is totally inaccurate and malicious. the only reason we are here today because you have chosen not to make payments and honour the contract as agreed. once again you are not honouring our second agreement that was signed off 2 years later by all parties through legal channels. in regards of our subcontractor, at the time of work being halted 99% of the agreed work has been completed and you had no issues or complains, put you have made a choice not to issue payment when is due, therefore our subcontractor made a decision to register a lien against your property after many attempts to get payment. you continued to decline all attempts to resolve the payment issue. 2 years later you asked our subcontractor and HomeReno to remove the lien, because you needed to refinance your property. we all agreed and signed a new agreement to make payment and release HomeReno from any further obligation, as agreed you have selected to make payment directly to our subcontractor and he will complete the remaining 1% and any issues that will arise. on May 22nd 2020 you have contacted me via email stating that you would like to take care of some outstanding issues and some service call. my reply was as per previous agreement to please contact our subcontractor. once again I'm reminding you, please remove this inaccurate and malicious review.

Regards,

HomeReno Direct
647 388 5123
remon@homerenodirect.com

Debbie in North York
Debbie in North York

Kitchen renovation

Had my kitchen renovated. It’s beautiful I love it and I’ve got many compliments. I would recommend home Reno, great company. Any issues were resolved right away. The owner Ramon ensures u are happy with your project.

Hello Debbie,
Thank you for your business and the awesome review, It’s really important to us that you're happy with the kitchen reno. Hope you'll enjoy your kitchen for years to come
Sincerely, Remon

kitchen Reno

Overall we were quite satisfied with the work Reno Direct did in our kitchen. From planning, designing, the choosing of material and the whole reno process, all the employees and trade workers were helpful and professional. There were some hiccups along the way but we were able to work through them. We would use Home Reno again for future renovations and we would recommend them to friends and family.

Thanks for the great review! We are looking forward to working with you again in the future.

Barbara - Etobicoke, ON in Etobicoke
Barbara - Etobicoke, ON in Etobicoke

Condo Kitchen Renovation

An initial visit to the Home Reno Direct showroom is what prompted me to consider working with them for my condo kitchen renovation. After my initial meeting, I understood the process clearly and what they could offer for this major renovation. They had an abundance of products on hand so it was easy to make selections. Having a Project Manager oversee the renovation was paramount to me as he kept in communication with me on an ongoing basis on who was doing what and on what day. If there were delays he let me know. But it was also important for me as owner to keep on top of the process. After 7 weeks (which was close to the initial timeline), a huge thank you to all those that touched the project in one way or another – Amer, Remon, Helen, Annabelle, Lionel, Jose, Rob, Carlos, Ilie, Shirley – am sure I have missed a few names. All the tradesmen knew their trade and respected my space. I love all the products that were selected and the redesign of the layout of the kitchen is amazing. I now have a very functional kitchen thanks to the Home Reno Direct team.

Hello Barbara,
I want to thank you for being a great client and working for you was a real pleasure. Lionel and the rest of the team have said great things about you and how well you treated them. We truly appreciate your business, and we're grateful for the trust you've placed in us. We hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you for many years to come.
Sincerely,

KKM in Mississauga
KKM in Mississauga

Great and Professional Service !

From the beginning to end . I'm so happy that we selected Home Reno to do this major Reno . All the guys from project manager to the workers are very competent. Both me and my family are happy with the outcome . Must include names Don Cherry , Rob , Hussein and Armed , all the guys who worked on my project.
We're very happy with the outcome .

Thank you for the great review, we truly appreciate your business,
Sincerely, Remon

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto

Complete Bathroom Renovation – Totally Awesome!

We recently had our bathroom completely renovated by Home Reno Direct. All we can say is “Wow”, what a fantastic job! We would highly recommend them, definitely a 11 out of 10.

Our journey began with Amer Home Reno Direct’s Design Consultant, who did an on-site visit to our home to determine our needs, listen to our vision, take some measurements and pictures of the area. Within less than a week we were invited to their Mississauga show room to review Amer’s recommendations through drawings including a 3-D design showing our current bathroom and his future concept. Amer captured our vision to the tee and we booked a follow-up appointment to pick out the finishes (tiles, colour, faucets, etc.) with their Interior Designer.

Annabella, Home Reno Direct, Interior Designer was a big help. Thanks for your suggestions, especially the darker tile colour for our shower niche, additional pot light and the towel cabinet finish being the opposite colour/finish than the vanity. Love it!

Construction began 4 weeks later, and we were greeted by Tony, the On-Site Supervisor for the trades. Tony regularly followed up with his team, would help them when required and listened to our questions or concerns, always providing us with a solution. Thanks Tony for your many suggestions, especially suggesting that we centre the shower basin in the room and not tiling the edging. Well done! Peter (Project Manager), you have an incredible guy here.

Other team members that went over and above, Bobby, their driver who dropped off materials/fixtures for the job. Thanks for pointing out items that we should secure in our home because they were fragile (bathroom mirror, marble slabs, toilet seat, etc.) rather than leave them in our garage with the general trade materials.

Carlos, General Trade who took the time to put up vapour barriers throughout our house, tarps to walk on to keep the dust and dirt down to a minimum. This was especially needed for the demolition of the old bathroom, excavation of our sewer lines within the floor (basement bathroom) and the framing and drywalling. Thanks for taking the time and cleaning up the job site, even vacuuming at the end of each work day!

Hats off to Loui the Electrician, Ilie the Plumber the reset our sewer lines (thanks for working your weekend), Danny the Drywaller, Mario the painter, Hussein the Tiler (thanks for your suggestions on placement/angle and big thanks for working your first Sunday, much appreciated), Vince, Plumber #2 to set the toilet and faucets and finally Rob and Cory, General Trade or the detail guys as I called them. They came in to do paint touch ups, install trim/paint it and general clean up before handing the bathroom back to us. They did an terrific job, with a super eye for detail. Especially impressed with Rob who decided to replace my old bathroom door, rather than spend hours trying to salvage the old door. Definitely entrepreneur material.

And behind the scenes, Helen, in Finance who keeps our payments on track, lol, and uses a great App called Buildertrend so you can see what balance is outstanding at any given time.

Finally, when you think the journey is over Anita reaches out, the Production Coordinator to let us know that everything is under warranty and to reach out to her should any issues arise.

Sixteen highly skilled individuals, from start to finish. Thanks everyone!!

Hello Paul,
Thank you for the WOW review, you did your homework and were quite knowledgeable about the process which made a big difference. I am glad the renovations turned out the way you imagined it.

Sharon from Etobicoke
Sharon from Etobicoke

Kitchen refresh / reno

We were very pleased with our kitchen refresh/reno done through Home Reno Direct. We first met with the design consultant Amer at their Mississauga showroom. He was very pleasant and informative, and walked us through the reno process. The showroom is beautiful and has a large selection of quartz countertops, tile and glass back splash, porcelain flooring and fixtures/accessories. Amer came to our home to see the kitchen, took measurements and made notes, and made several suggestions. We met him again at their showroom, where we picked out colours and finishes for paint, countertop and back splash. The flooring was picked out separately at their floor supplier’s showroom. Amer put together a written quote for us, and Helen provided us with the payment schedule.

We were advised that our reno would take about 3-4 weeks, and it indeed took 4 weeks. All the crew that came to our home were fantastic. Very courteous, friendly and tried their best to be as tidy as you can be during a kitchen reno!
Kudos to our Project managers Sean and Lionel, demo crew Lauren and Kenny , Corey for drywall, framing & misc, delivery/pick up guy Bobby, electricians David and Lou, plumber Vince, painter Paul, Tom for taping/mudding, Chris and Jake for removal of cabinet doors/hardware, spray painting and re-assembly, and Rob for flooring, baseboards, additional painting, installation of foyer cupboard doors and all kinds of little touch-ups and fixes. Helen did the invoicing and kept us up to date.
Also thanks to the people we dealt with at their showroom: Amer, Annabella, Remon, Uzma, and Natasha.

As with any reno, there were a few minor issues and concerns but we were always able to work with Home Reno Direct to get them resolved to our satisfaction.

I would recommend that if you make any change that impacts cost after the original quote is done, make sure and get a revised written quote before moving forward.

Our kitchen now looks great, and we are thankful for all the hard work that was done by everyone.

Hello Sharon,

Thanks for the amazing review and for being a great customer, working for you was a real pleasure.

All the best,

Dennis Pikulyk from Etobicoke
Dennis Pikulyk from Etobicoke

Complete Bathroom renovation

As a retired teacher,I would give this group an A+ based on their effort,completing work on time, communication & quality of finish.
Amer, who we started with began with an initial design & providing a detailed computer graphic showing the before & after images which helped us view the final product & confirmed that HomeReno would be our choice to hire. Amer helped to pick out & co-odinate all the materials
( vanity,sink,hardware, tiles etc) that we needed and as a great convenience,everything was available from the showroom on site which is a great plus for any customer.
Lionel, the supervisor was regularly available on site to help co-odinate and offer knowledgeable suggestions along the way.Lauren ,worked hard on the demolition and another Lionel did very careful work with the plumbing.After the tiling was done, Rob ( an excellent craftsman) did the painting and the rest of the finishing touches.
I was very impressed with Rob's attentiveness and making sure that we were completely satisfied with his work.
Great job team!!!

Hello Dennis,
Thank you for the great review, hope you enjoy your newly renovated bathroom for years to come.
We appreciate your business, Sincerely, Remon.

Dan G.
Dan G.
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Home Reno Direct saved the day!

The best home reno experience ever! We couldn't be happier with the service, professionalism and attention to detail. Home Reno Direct will be our first choice for future renovations, and we will certainly recommend them to anyone who asks for advice

Hello Stephanie & Dan,

We truly appreciate your business and we're grateful for the trust you've placed in us. Thank you for being great clients, working for you was a real pleasure. Our team of trades have said great things about you and how well you treated them.

We were happy to turn an unfortunate experience with another contractor into a memorable one by us.

We hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you for many years to come.

Sincerely,

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Kitchen/Family Room Reno

Prior to approaching Home Reno, my husband and I made sure we did a fair amount of research on what to expect, who to hire and what to look for. This was brought on when we started thinking about doing Reno on our main floor. Since we moved to our house in 2000, we haven’t done any upgrade and felt it was time. We heard and read of bad experiences with Reno companies and we wanted to make sure we don’t end up in that situation. We came across Home Reno Direct through an ad in the mail. We did our research on the company, read reviews etc. and we were happy with the info we found. We were nervous at first but after meeting our design consultant Amer, we knew we were in good hands. Our experience over the last few months have been wonderful. Like with anything, there were a few bumps on the way but the end result was AMAZING!!! Home Reno exceeded our expectation. We never realized our kitchen and family room could look that good. It looked like one of the pics in a magazine. Amer’s design was absolutely on point. He captured what we had in mind and he came up with amazing ideas. We are extremely happy. We would like to thank the whole team of very talented tradespeople. Ali, Wyl, Dan, Paul, Barry, Tyler, Miro, Hussein, Rafael, Tony and of course our project manager Anita. If I missed anyone, I do apologize but thank them just the same. Thank you as well to Helen in the office for your support. I will definitely recommend this company to families and friends and won’t hesitate to hire them again for the 2nd phase of our Reno. Maria and Norman, Brampton

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the amazing review! We enjoyed working with you and your husband and look forward to working on the 2nd phase of your renovation soon.

All the best,

More about Home Reno Direct

HomeReno Direct is one of the most trusted home renovation experts in the Mississauga and surrounding area. We are a family owned business with over 50 years of combined experience. We are a one stop shop, offering you a full turn key service from concept to completion which includes but ...
Looking for General Contractors pros in Toronto?