Penguin Condos

Reviews for Penguin Condos

Lisa
Lisa

Great experience!

Guy was so wonderful! When Penguin responded to my call, Guy was the one who helped me. He genuinely cared about my predicament and asked me really relevant questions about my situation that no other company had. I has spoken with a number of other companies before Penguin but this was the company that was most prepared. They already knew the square footage of my residence because they had researched my MLS listing before speaking to me. They used 3D scanning technology to prepare their quotes and also offered extremely reasonable prices for their work! Guy even offered to talk to my property manager when I was going through a difficult situations! It was overall a really great experience!

Thank you Lisa for taking the time to share your experience. We believe in the MATH principle i.e Manufacturing, Accountability, Technology, and Hospitality. We'll pass your kind words to Guy😃

Zaidie N.
Zaidie N.

Kitchen Renovation, New flooring throughout, Removal of crown molding, painting

We were apprehensive about the prospect of a complete condo renovation. The first step was finding a contractor that we felt could deliver a good product on time at a fair price. Penguin best met our expectations. Condominium renovations take time. First there is the need to obtain permission from the Condominium Corporation Board. That takes a few weeks. The project did not start until the cabinetry arrived, about 6 weeks later. Construction was limited to Monday through Friday from 9-5. There was always competion for the elevator and onsite parking was often a problem. We were told that the project would take 5-6 weeks from the start of demolition. Penguin delivered and the project was completed in 42 days. Vince was the site project manager. He earns a 10/10. We expected the renovations to be stressful. They were not, thanks to Vince. He was patient with us. He took us through the process. He reassured us. Often. Every once in awhile a change was requested or required. No problem. We were in daily contact by phone, text, e-mail and most days on site. Vince was always receptive.
The team that worked with Vince were all professional and respected the job site. Particular mention goes to Andrew and his team of electricians.
Communication through Buildertrend was not ideal. Some staff were comfortable with that platform. Others were not. The tried and true method of text, talk, e-mail worked better for communication. On the other hand this platform was excellent for sharing documents and for invoicing.
There was no upselling by the company. We knew the costs up front. Any additional costs were due to change orders such as additional painting and plumbing that we requested after the contract was signed.
The quality of the products was determined by our choices.
In summary we are delighted with the finished product and look forward to the move into our renovated condominium. If you hire Penguin ask for
Vince.

Sorry about the delay in responding to your review. Seems it was initially posted on Penguin Basements, and we needed the rep at HomeStars to ensure it appeared in the right place. We are happy to hear to hear your experience was a positive one. One thing we have learned (often the hard way, if we are honest) is the importance of good lines of communication. Vince will be thrilled by your personal endorsement. Have a great holiday season.

santiago.fernandez83
santiago.fernandez83

Renovation of a condo at 15 brunel crt

At the beginning we were struggling to have them to start working on our condo and we were having serious doubts on their abilities to handle our project.
When Penguin basements started our project and since day 1, we were totally reassured. Vince (our project manager) handled this project as if it was his condo. He coordinated trades perfectly and he was everyday on site to ensure that work was well done.
We were also very impressed about the time spent in execution. They basically spent 3 weeks and 2 days to renovate a full kitchen, full bathroom, remove and install new floor in the apartment, painting, and some electrical changes.
I have to say BRAVO and thank you.

Thank you. We appreciate the honesty. We are glad we did impress you in the end. It's been our pleasure to serve you.

Iffat in Toronto
Iffat in Toronto

Kitchen Renovation and Floor Tiles

For the most part, I'm really happy with the work that was done, and the project manager made sure all of the work was done accurately and correctly. The reason I didn't give 5 stars for overall satisfaction is because there were delays in getting my kitchen cabinets.

My kitchen looks great, I love it.

Thanks for the review Iffat, and again sorry about the cabinet delay in this case. Sometimes we are at the mercy of our suppliers. Generally every thing is well-timed and flows smoothly, but occasionally there may be a hiccup on a certain product or colour or with a incorrect shipment, and this affects not just us but competitors and home builders as well. Glad you love the finished product. Enjoy!

More about Penguin Condos

Penguin condo-reno prides itself on being one of the best specialist renovation companies in the GTA. We put our well-regarded expertise in planning, designing and building exquisite spaces within challenging spaces to excellent use, offering our clients high-end Condo Renovations at a fair price. Our experience in dealing with many different municipalities’ rules and regulations prepared us well for dealing with Condo Boards. We service Toronto, North York, Markham, Mississauga, and most of the GTA.