Masonry & Bricklaying

Reviews for Mace Masonry

mh
mh

Chimney rebuild

Hasle-free quote. Excellent workmanship. Friendly employees. Great clean-up. Great follow up by oner to ensure we were satisfied. Would recommend.

Hi there, thanks so much for a great review. It really was a pleasure working with you, and I'm glad you are completely satisfied with your chimney project. Look forward to working with you in the future, enjoy your summer. Kind regards Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

George M.
George M.

Kithcen Renovation

They removed an old chimney and patched up the bricks around some new windows. They were very fast and the work looks seamless. They cleaned up afterward and followed up with us to make sure we were happy with the work.

Hi George, thank you for your great review! I'm glad you are happy with your finished project. Look forward to working with you again. Kind regards Carl & team at Mace Masonry

art
art

Partial chimney rebuild

Fantastic work. The crew was unbelievably clean, quick and professional. The owner followed up and made sure we were 100% satisfied with the work. I would gladly recommend Mace to anyone.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review for us! It was a pleasure working with you & your neighbours. Kind regards, Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

Ali
Ali

Driveway Interlock re-leveling

The team worked fast, quickly addressed unexpected issues, and the quality of the overall work is good.

Hi Ali, thank you for your great review. It was a pleasure working with you, hope to again in the future. Kind regards Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

Buchanan from Toronto
Buchanan from Toronto

Unique Chimney Repair

Toronto
M4J 3Z7

Living in downtown Toronto, it is not unusual for houses to be very close together. My house is only a few feet away from my neighbour's and in fact, the roof lines almost touch at the top. When it rains very hard, water overshoots my neighbour's eves and into the side of my house. Over the years erosion had caused the bricks to deteriorate to such a degree that water was seeping into my chimney. My neighbor had done everything he could on his end, but the problem persisted on those few days when the rain came down in torrents. What to do?
Carl had a unique idea to place a stone sill on my chimney about two feet below my roofline and then mortar parge over the bricks above it. The theory being that the water coming off my neighbour's roof will hit the parged area and then drip off the sill away from the wall below it.
This was a very tight space to work in and scaffolding had to be erected in order to complete the work. As usual Carl and his team were quick and efficient and all cleaned up afterwards. The finished work was very neatly finished, despite the fact it's almost invisible from the ground to all but the very observant.
In the past, I had had other reputable firms tuck point the affected area with no improvement. I applaud Carl on his innovative thinking on this one!

Hi Buck, thank you for such a fantastic review & detail. I'm glad you're pleased with the work completed & it is working effectively in this wet weather at the moment! As always, I look forward to working with you again. Kind regards Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

Ruth in North York
Ruth in North York

tuck pointing house adding a chimney cap then replacing walkway

Mace Masonry did an excellent job of tuck pointing our house and adding a cap on our chimney. Carl and his staff were very careful not to disturb my garden. The were very friendly and professional. I highly recommend this company and will have them do more work.

2nd job
Mace Masonry removed a long concrete walkway and steps behind our house. Carl and his staff then replaced the walkway and steps. Carl had a really good design idea that reused existing paving stones at the sides of the new concrete walkway. The walkway and steps are simply beautiful. Everything was done perfectly and they cleaned up very well. Carl and his staff are very personable, polite, and thoughtful. I previously had this company do tuck pointing on our house. I will not hesitate to refer this company to anyone for any type of masonry work.

Hi Ruth, thank you for posting a great review for us. I'm very happy you're pleased with the work we recently completed for you. I'll get your estimate sent over for your next project we talked about. Thanks again, kind regards Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

Greg Korotky from Toronto
Greg Korotky from Toronto

Repair Flagstone Steps and Walkway

Toronto
M4J 3Z7

My front flagstone steps and walkway had been slowly deteriorating over the last few years, but this past winter was particularly brutal. Some of the flagstone was crumbling into little bits, and there were a few flagstone sections that had completely detached from the underlying cement foundation. I could no longer just patch the damage with cement over the summer months so I decided to call a professional. I noticed that Mace Masonry had a high score on Homestars, so I called them up once the weather had turned warmer. Carl was able to view the situation in a couple of days, and he gave me a range of options. I decided to have the damaged sections removed and replaced. In late March Carl and his workers started - first the damaged sections of flagstone were removed as well as the underlying cement foundation (which was in bad shape as well). On the second day new steps and walkway were formed, concrete poured. The last day was the toughest part of the job - new flagstone was cut to size and relayed over the new walkway and steps. I am very pleased with the overall appearance of my front steps and walkway - the new flagstone is a perfect match with that part of the old flagstone which did not need replacing. More importantly, the walkway-steps are solid and secure - no longer do I use orange pylons to warn pedestrians to watch their step! The worksite was tidied up nicely, and Carl always answered my questions via email or phone in a timely manner - I highly recommend Mace Masonry for any stone - masonry work you might need - I`m glad I called Carl first!!!

Hi Greg, thank you for such a fantastic review. I'm glad you're happy with your finished walkway. Thank you for providing so much detail and hope to work with you again in the future! Kind regards, Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

K.M.
K.M.
2 reviews Orangeville, ON

Project

Thank you for an awesome job on my home's masonry repair. Your crew went beyond restoring the damaged area, they made it better and more aesthetically appealing than it was before. From start to finish, my experience with Mace Masonry has been very timely, courteous, professional, knowledgeable, honest and fair. I've worked with numerous contractors over the years and you guys are among the very best. Excellent work and value. Thank you so much!

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to write Mace Masonry such a fantastic review. It was a pleasure working with you & we hope to again in the future. I'm very happy you had a great experience with us; this is what we strive for. Kind regards, Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

swanj79 in Toronto
swanj79 in Toronto

Chimney replacemant

While getting quotes on replacing our flat roof, Mark from Coverall roofing(who did a great job replacing our flat roof the day after Carl replaced our chimney )advised that we should have chimney replaced as well. I had 6 quotes on the job and as in all cases when I have contractors come out I disregard the highest and lowest outlier quotes and make my decision based on researching the company, the products to be used and my interactions with the company. Mace Masonry earned top marks in all categories. Carl was able to fit us in quickly as he knew we needed the project done in order to have our roof replaced( he even kept our roofers advised of when our project would be completed). I have no second thoughts about my decision and no concerns with the finished product. If you have a Masonry project you should at least have them quote on the work

Hi, thank you for such a great review! I'm glad we met all your expectations & you're happy with your chimney rebuild. I look forward to working with you in the future. Kind regards, Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

Jerry F.
Jerry F.

Cut out in brick/block wall for an overhead door

We used Carl and his crew for work on an industrial job that we had. I had contacted close to 20 different brick layers to find someone capable of doing this larger than usual opening. The work was done in a professional manner and they followed the safety requirements of the site. I would not hesitate to recommend Carl to others or use him again myself in the future. I hope he doesn't get too busy that he doesn't have time for me when I call in the future!

Hi Jerry, thank you so much for such a fantastic review. I'm glad we could work the scheduling out & complete your project. It really was a pleasure working with you, so don't hesitate to get in touch in the future, I'll ensure to make time for you! Kind regards Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

More about Mace Masonry

Our mission is simple, we offer the best standard of masonry work for our clients, whilst keeping a competitive price. Mace Masonry is also a great believer in investing in training of new employees, so they are equipped in keeping to the high standards in which we are Founded. Our head bricklayer was trained in England by the winner of a skill-build competition in the UK and finished in 10th place in the world! He is rightfully responsible for all our new employee training. We would not send you any of our guys if we did not have 100% confidence in their work and customer service! We service: all of the GTA - give us a call for free estimate.

Masonry & Bricklaying, Chimney Build & Repair, Basement Renovation, and Foundations
Our work really does speak for itself; skills and attention to detail that only master craftsmen can claim to hold. We do all of our jobs above and beyond code so you can be assured of the maximum life span of a masonry project.
New Builds, Additions, Tuckpointing, Chimney Repair, Chimney Rebuild, Chimney Restoration, tuck pointing, Brickwork, Brick Repair, Block Work, Block Repair, Brick Replacement,Parging repair,Parging, Foundation Repair,New foundations, Concrete, Porches, Steps, Paving and Landscapeing, Patios and Walkways, Flagstone, Cultured Stone,Natural stone,Flag stone around swimming pools,Window adjustments,Door adjustments,structural steel work,Eye beams, Milk box infill,Caulking services (windows and doors), Masonry, Masonry repair, Water Proofing, retaining walls, Driveways and all Masonry, Heritage restoration, Archways, Bulls eye's, Heron bone patterns, Dog tooth features
Q&A Q.What is the minimum/maximum amount a chimney flue should protrude above the chimney cap? A.You may be surprised to find that the minimum amount is 2"or 50mm and the maximum amount 4" or 100mm.(bare this in mind when getting a rebuild. only true professionals adhere to code) Q.Why do old buildings seem to be out lasting newer one's? A. There are a few factors involved, the main one is money (people are in such a rush to finish a project that their quality slips) but a big aspect is methodologies which are used, or not in a lot of cases! History has already shown us the way to successfully build so we should only be getting better!
Mace Masonry goes above and beyond in every aspect of their operations; firstly only producing work worthy of a seal of approval from our clients, if work is in any way, shape or form not 100% to our clients satisfaction (and we really do insist on a detailed inspection upon completion) it will be changed. Secondly, we are always up to date with the latest building codes in most cases we go better than code to ensure safe work practices and long lasting projects.
Mace Masonry is only made up of master craftsmen. We have specialist in all areas of masonry, but our passion lies within anything that is technical; historical restoration, archways, bulls eyes & features like heron bone, dog tooth and more.
2015
We at Mace Masonry stand by all of our work and therefore offer a 7 year guarantee.
Cheque is the ideal method of payment which will be paid upon a 100% satisfactory completion of the job.
T85-4646611
NVQ 1,2, 3,Red seal Certified tradesman trained by UK champion mason, working at heights cert
$1500
Warranty valid for all our new work. Patch work and repairs are only valid for 2 years.