Mace Masonry

Masonry & Bricklaying

Reviews for Mace Masonry

Ruth in North York
Ruth in North York

tuck pointing house adding a chimney cap then replacing walkway

Mace Masonry did an excellent job of tuck pointing our house and adding a cap on our chimney. Carl and his staff were very careful not to disturb my garden. The were very friendly and professional. I highly recommend this company and will have them do more work.

2nd job
Mace Masonry removed a long concrete walkway and steps behind our house. Carl and his staff then replaced the walkway and steps. Carl had a really good design idea that reused existing paving stones at the sides of the new concrete walkway. The walkway and steps are simply beautiful. Everything was done perfectly and they cleaned up very well. Carl and his staff are very personable, polite, and thoughtful. I previously had this company do tuck pointing on our house. I will not hesitate to refer this company to anyone for any type of masonry work.

Hi Ruth, thank you for posting a great review for us. I'm very happy you're pleased with the work we recently completed for you. I'll get your estimate sent over for your next project we talked about. Thanks again, kind regards Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

Greg Korotky from Toronto
Greg Korotky from Toronto

Repair Flagstone Steps and Walkway

My front flagstone steps and walkway had been slowly deteriorating over the last few years, but this past winter was particularly brutal. Some of the flagstone was crumbling into little bits, and there were a few flagstone sections that had completely detached from the underlying cement foundation. I could no longer just patch the damage with cement over the summer months so I decided to call a professional. I noticed that Mace Masonry had a high score on Homestars, so I called them up once the weather had turned warmer. Carl was able to view the situation in a couple of days, and he gave me a range of options. I decided to have the damaged sections removed and replaced. In late March Carl and his workers started - first the damaged sections of flagstone were removed as well as the underlying cement foundation (which was in bad shape as well). On the second day new steps and walkway were formed, concrete poured. The last day was the toughest part of the job - new flagstone was cut to size and relayed over the new walkway and steps. I am very pleased with the overall appearance of my front steps and walkway - the new flagstone is a perfect match with that part of the old flagstone which did not need replacing. More importantly, the walkway-steps are solid and secure - no longer do I use orange pylons to warn pedestrians to watch their step! The worksite was tidied up nicely, and Carl always answered my questions via email or phone in a timely manner - I highly recommend Mace Masonry for any stone - masonry work you might need - I`m glad I called Carl first!!!

Hi Greg, thank you for such a fantastic review. I'm glad you're happy with your finished walkway. Thank you for providing so much detail and hope to work with you again in the future! Kind regards, Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

K.M.
K.M.
2 reviews Orangeville, ON

Project

Mace Masonry
Toronto
M4J 3Z7

Thank you for an awesome job on my home's masonry repair. Your crew went beyond restoring the damaged area, they made it better and more aesthetically appealing than it was before. From start to finish, my experience with Mace Masonry has been very timely, courteous, professional, knowledgeable, honest and fair. I've worked with numerous contractors over the years and you guys are among the very best. Excellent work and value. Thank you so much!

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to write Mace Masonry such a fantastic review. It was a pleasure working with you & we hope to again in the future. I'm very happy you had a great experience with us; this is what we strive for. Kind regards, Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

swanj79 in Toronto
swanj79 in Toronto

Chimney replacemant

While getting quotes on replacing our flat roof, Mark from Coverall roofing(who did a great job replacing our flat roof the day after Carl replaced our chimney )advised that we should have chimney replaced as well. I had 6 quotes on the job and as in all cases when I have contractors come out I disregard the highest and lowest outlier quotes and make my decision based on researching the company, the products to be used and my interactions with the company. Mace Masonry earned top marks in all categories. Carl was able to fit us in quickly as he knew we needed the project done in order to have our roof replaced( he even kept our roofers advised of when our project would be completed). I have no second thoughts about my decision and no concerns with the finished product. If you have a Masonry project you should at least have them quote on the work

Hi, thank you for such a great review! I'm glad we met all your expectations & you're happy with your chimney rebuild. I look forward to working with you in the future. Kind regards, Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

Jerry F.
Jerry F.

Cut out in brick/block wall for an overhead door

We used Carl and his crew for work on an industrial job that we had. I had contacted close to 20 different brick layers to find someone capable of doing this larger than usual opening. The work was done in a professional manner and they followed the safety requirements of the site. I would not hesitate to recommend Carl to others or use him again myself in the future. I hope he doesn't get too busy that he doesn't have time for me when I call in the future!

Hi Jerry, thank you so much for such a fantastic review. I'm glad we could work the scheduling out & complete your project. It really was a pleasure working with you, so don't hesitate to get in touch in the future, I'll ensure to make time for you! Kind regards Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

jmunro
jmunro

Masonry repair

Carl was quick to reply to my request and was able to do the repair work fast and efficient.

I would use his services in the future. :)

Hi, thank you for your review. It was a pleasure working with you, look forward to working with you again. Kind regards, Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

jUDY from Brampton
jUDY from Brampton

Tuckpointing

We are very happy with the work that Devon completed on our 1930's house. He worked diligently, was personable and answered all our questions.
The results are fantastic...we are very pleased.
I will be in touch with you again in the spring to get some more tuck pointing and repair work done on our bricks.
Many thanks.

Hi Judy, thank you very much for you review. I will ensure I pass your great comments on to Devin. Look forward to hearing from you in the Spring. Kind regards, Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

Marion in Toronto
Marion in Toronto

Chimney

After dealing with several companies that wasted my time it was a pleasure to work with Mace. Professional, efficient and straightfoward, Carl and his team were a delight to deal with.

Hi Marion, thank you very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you as well, look forward to it again in the future. Kind regards Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

AB in Toronto
AB in Toronto

Brick repair - front of house

Carl and his team are the utmost professionals, the best in the business! They had a complex task with removing the heavy paint over brick on the exterior of our house which they did so with patience and perseverance. Premises were well protected and all dust/debris was cleaned up promptly. Carl has an in-depth knowledge of masonry and helps educate his customers along the way. Pricing is reasonable and fair! Highly recommend Carl and his team.

Hi, thank you for a great review! I'm pleased you are happy with the work completed on the exterior of your property. Look forward to working with you again in the future. Kind regards Carl & team.

Rob B from Toronto
Rob B from Toronto

Backyard Stone Patio Renovation

Having worked successfully with Mace Masonry last year, we were comfortable hiring Carl and his crew to help us with a key element of our extensive backyard renovation this spring. Once again, we're extremely pleased with the great job they did.

The scope of the job was clear: replace an existing drab concrete patio with something larger and far more dynamic. Carl advised on several types of stone, and was also very pleased to discuss my own recommendations. He is patient, considerate and generous with his time, and spent several evenings with us mulling over options before beginning the work.

When we began the project, Carl and Jason worked long hours each day to bring our backyard vision to life. They replaced the old stone with a beautiful new limestone patio that transformed the entire area. The installation was precise and we could see Carl's pride in his work at every phase. He and his crew also built concrete foundations for a custom steel planter that was part of the project, and worked comfortably with our other contractors at all times.
The end result was a beautiful "new" backyard that we've been able to enjoy much more, virtually every evening this past summer.

Aside from the excellent work, these are straight-up good guys who are a pleasure to work with, which is equally important in my view. I am pleased to add to the list of recommendations for Carl and his team at Mace Masonry.

Hi Rob, thank you so much for such a brilliant review & kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you during your backyard project. I'm pleased you are happy and would recommend Mace Masonry. I really look forward to working with you again in the future. Kind regards, Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

More about Mace Masonry

Our mission is simple, we offer the best standard of masonry work for our clients, whilst keeping a competitive price. Mace Masonry is also a great believer in investing in training of new employees, so they are equipped in keeping to the high standards in which we are Founded. Our head bricklayer was trained in England by the winner of a skill-build competition in the UK and finished in 10th place in the world! He is rightfully responsible for all our new employee training. We would not send you any of our guys if we did not have 100% confidence in their work and customer service! We service: all of the GTA - give us a call for free estimate.

Masonry & Bricklaying, Chimney Build & Repair, Basement Renovation, and Foundations
Our work really does speak for itself; skills and attention to detail that only master craftsmen can claim to hold. We do all of our jobs above and beyond code so you can be assured of the maximum life span of a masonry project.
New Builds, Additions, Tuckpointing, Chimney Repair, Chimney Rebuild, Chimney Restoration, tuck pointing, Brickwork, Brick Repair, Block Work, Block Repair, Brick Replacement,Parging repair,Parging, Foundation Repair,New foundations, Concrete, Porches, Steps, Paving and Landscapeing, Patios and Walkways, Flagstone, Cultured Stone,Natural stone,Flag stone around swimming pools,Window adjustments,Door adjustments,structural steel work,Eye beams, Milk box infill,Caulking services (windows and doors), Masonry, Masonry repair, Water Proofing, retaining walls, Driveways and all Masonry, Heritage restoration, Archways, Bulls eye's, Heron bone patterns, Dog tooth features
Q&A Q.What is the minimum/maximum amount a chimney flue should protrude above the chimney cap? A.You may be surprised to find that the minimum amount is 2"or 50mm and the maximum amount 4" or 100mm.(bare this in mind when getting a rebuild. only true professionals adhere to code) Q.Why do old buildings seem to be out lasting newer one's? A. There are a few factors involved, the main one is money (people are in such a rush to finish a project that their quality slips) but a big aspect is methodologies which are used, or not in a lot of cases! History has already shown us the way to successfully build so we should only be getting better!
Mace Masonry goes above and beyond in every aspect of their operations; firstly only producing work worthy of a seal of approval from our clients, if work is in any way, shape or form not 100% to our clients satisfaction (and we really do insist on a detailed inspection upon completion) it will be changed. Secondly, we are always up to date with the latest building codes in most cases we go better than code to ensure safe work practices and long lasting projects.
Mace Masonry is only made up of master craftsmen. We have specialist in all areas of masonry, but our passion lies within anything that is technical; historical restoration, archways, bulls eyes & features like heron bone, dog tooth and more.
2015
We at Mace Masonry stand by all of our work and therefore offer a 7 year guarantee.
Cheque is the ideal method of payment which will be paid upon a 100% satisfactory completion of the job.
T85-4646611
NVQ 1,2, 3,Red seal Certified tradesman trained by UK champion mason, working at heights cert
$1500
Warranty valid for all our new work. Patch work and repairs are only valid for 2 years.