Masonry & Bricklaying

Reviews for Mace Masonry

Martha in Toronto
Martha in Toronto

Brick replacement on front facade``

I contacted Carl for advice on brick erosion on the front facade of our home. He was quick to drop by and evaluate the problem, explaining carefully what would need to be done and sending a detailed estimate for the work. He and his crew worked quickly and professionally, leaving the yard as they found it. From initial contact to finish, the job was completed with a month. We are very pleased with the work and would recommend Carl and his team without reservation.

Hi Martha, thank you for writing such a fantastic review! We're very happy that you're happy with the overall project completion. Thanks again, kind regards Carl & team at Mace Masonry

John W.
John W.

Masonry

Toronto
M4J 3Z7

I needed most of my chimney rebuilt. Carl was quick to come over and have a look and then get me his quote. He was able to get started with 3 weeks. He and his team worked for about 3 days and were great. I’m very happy with Mace Masonry.

Hi John, thanks for much for taking the time to write us such a great review! I'm very glad you're happy with the work we completed on your chimney and look forward to working with you again in the future. Kind regards Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

Dr. Helen Ing in Scarborough
Dr. Helen Ing in Scarborough

Chimney rebuild

Toronto
M4J 3Z7

My house had two giant sized, crumbling chimneys that needed work. I called Carl to get an estimate and amazingly he came the very same day. His estimate was fair and reasonable, however, more importantly his training and knowledge is extensive. I chose Mace Masonry because of Carl's training and superb reputation. Carl and his team rebuilt the giant chimneys, and also did parging, multiple damaged brick replacements and three limestone windowsill placements. All the work done was of excellent workmanship and looked beautiful. Carl also repaired a section of concrete arch around my front door, and here, his Michelangelo sculpting ability showed itself. Carl is friendly, honest, trustworthy and a pleasure to do business with. You can trust him like a family member who is a genuis at masonry work. Give him a call.

Hi Helen, wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review. I truly appreciate your kind words and very happy you are pleased with my team & your completed project. Look forward to working with you in the future.
Kind regards Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

Alex in Toronto
Alex in Toronto

Great work, Excellent Experience all round.

I got five quotes to fix the brick and pardging on my home.
Carl was the best in every aspect.

From the beginning, he was punctual, he was thorough in his quoting process. Where most just did a drive by while I wasn't home, Carl took the time to walk through the entire scope of the project with me. He even came into our basement to check our foundation to ensure he fully understood the extent of the project.

Carl came up with creative ways to straighten our 130+ year old brick column and worked hard to stay within our budget.

He removed old, damaged and broken bricks and replaced them.
He applied pardging along the bottom side and front of my house.
He and his team were polite, hard working and cleaned up after themselves. Even our neighbors remarked how nice they were!

Really happy with the work carl and his team did. Would 1000% recommend him and hope to use him again in the future on bigger projects.

Thank you Carl!

Hi Alex, thank you so much for such a great and detailed review. Really pleased you're satisfied with the work completed. Look forward to working with you both on the future. Kind regards, Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

MARIA G.
MARIA G.

Retaining wall

Carl and his team finished working on a retaining wall at our house yesterday. It was a large and complex project as it involved demolishing a long existing wall (concrete), rebuilding a new one with interlock, and mounting an already existing fence. We also needed it done on relatively short notice. They were the best choice! They were prompt, started the work on the date we had agreed, arrived early every day, made excellent progress, and completed the job to our satisfaction. The project was fairly priced and they were responsible, responsive, pleasant, punctual, and kept excellent communication with us. Carl devoted time and attention to work on a well-crafted, long-lasting, quality solution for us and answered all our questions promptly and willingly. After they finished they left everything clean and nice. In short, it was a pleasure to work with Carl and his team, we will definitely contact them again for future projects and recommend them wholeheartedly. Thanks, Carl and team! María and Joshua

Hi Maria, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed and lovely review. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you both. Glad you are happy with the work completed.
Look forward to working with you again in the future.
Kind regards
Carl & team at Mace Masonry

Irene V.
Irene V.

Stone Patio

Two years ago Mace Masonry completed a front step and walkway project with which we were very pleased. Recently, Carl and his crew completed a second project involving removal of an old asphalt pad and installation of a larger stone patio. Carl developed a very pleasing design. Again, the crew was courteous and punctual; due to approaching unstable weather the work was completed quickly, short of the estimated time in a professional and competent manner followed by excellent cleanup. We have no hesitation in highly recommending Mace Masonry.

Hi Irene, thank you again for taking the time to write such a fantastic review. It's been an absolute pleasure working with you both over the years. Enjoy your new patio! Kind regards, Carl and team at Mace Masonry.

Graham P.
Graham P.

Chimney replacement

Bricks were crumbling just below the chimney and I put out a call for a number of estimates from different companies. I sent photos of the damage to these companies, but Carl came to see the damage for himself without bothering me and put in a detailed estimate. It was higher than I was expecting, but I accepted it because he explained how he was not just repairing the damage but preventing future damage. I delayed the work when my neighbour had someone working in the general vicinity and when the area was clear Carl sent over three guys to try to complete the work in a single day, minimizing the disturbance to my neighbour. Not only did they finish in good time, they did a superb cleanup of the ground below the chimney.

Graham, thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed great review. I'm glad to hear you're happy with our service and work completed. Kind regards, Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

Chimney repair and rebuild

Carl and his crew rebuilt the brick chimney on our older house. Carl was easy to communicate with right from the beginning of the project and he and his crew were very capable and professional.

Carol, thank you so much for taking the time to review Mace Masonry. Very happy to hear you are pleased with our service & chimney rebuild, it was a pleasure working with you! Don't hesitate to contact us again for any future projects.
Kind regards, Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

Exterior masonry work

Mace arrived and reviewed the situation, made a recommendation for the repair along with advice on how to make further repairs that was more economical than my initial consideration. They came on the appointed day, and got the job completed in the day. Much better than I ever expected for the project. We are delighted with their work and would absolutely recommend them.

Hi Carol, it was a pleasure working with you! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for our team. All the best, Carl & team at Mace Masonry.

Breda C.
Breda C.

Porch repairs

Carl and his crew did an excellent job and took their time to explain what was being done. We had the porch rebuild six years ago and that company did a terrible job but it was only in the last year we realise how bad the original job was. After Carl completed the job we had more questions/concerns and he came back twice to our house to resolve our questions/concerns. Would highly recommend this company. Thx Carl

Hi Breda, thank you for such a great review. It was a pleasure working with you on your project. All the best, Carl & team at mace masonry.

More about Mace Masonry

Our mission is simple, we offer the best standard of masonry work for our clients, whilst keeping a competitive price. Mace Masonry is also a great believer in investing in training of new employees, so they are equipped in keeping to the high standards in which we are Founded. Our head bricklayer was trained in England by the winner of a skill-build competition in the UK and finished in 10th place in the world! He is rightfully responsible for all our new employee training. We would not send you any of our guys if we did not have 100% confidence in their work and customer service! We service: all of the GTA - give us a call for free estimate.

Masonry & Bricklaying, Chimney Build & Repair, Basement Renovation, and Foundations
Our work really does speak for itself; skills and attention to detail that only master craftsmen can claim to hold. We do all of our jobs above and beyond code so you can be assured of the maximum life span of a masonry project.
New Builds, Additions, Tuckpointing, Chimney Repair, Chimney Rebuild, Chimney Restoration, tuck pointing, Brickwork, Brick Repair, Block Work, Block Repair, Brick Replacement,Parging repair,Parging, Foundation Repair,New foundations, Concrete, Porches, Steps, Paving and Landscapeing, Patios and Walkways, Flagstone, Cultured Stone,Natural stone,Flag stone around swimming pools,Window adjustments,Door adjustments,structural steel work,Eye beams, Milk box infill,Caulking services (windows and doors), Masonry, Masonry repair, Water Proofing, retaining walls, Driveways and all Masonry, Heritage restoration, Archways, Bulls eye's, Heron bone patterns, Dog tooth features
Q&A Q.What is the minimum/maximum amount a chimney flue should protrude above the chimney cap? A.You may be surprised to find that the minimum amount is 2"or 50mm and the maximum amount 4" or 100mm.(bare this in mind when getting a rebuild. only true professionals adhere to code) Q.Why do old buildings seem to be out lasting newer one's? A. There are a few factors involved, the main one is money (people are in such a rush to finish a project that their quality slips) but a big aspect is methodologies which are used, or not in a lot of cases! History has already shown us the way to successfully build so we should only be getting better!
Mace Masonry goes above and beyond in every aspect of their operations; firstly only producing work worthy of a seal of approval from our clients, if work is in any way, shape or form not 100% to our clients satisfaction (and we really do insist on a detailed inspection upon completion) it will be changed. Secondly, we are always up to date with the latest building codes in most cases we go better than code to ensure safe work practices and long lasting projects.
Mace Masonry is only made up of master craftsmen. We have specialist in all areas of masonry, but our passion lies within anything that is technical; historical restoration, archways, bulls eyes & features like heron bone, dog tooth and more.
2015
We at Mace Masonry stand by all of our work and therefore offer a 7 year guarantee.
Cheque is the ideal method of payment which will be paid upon a 100% satisfactory completion of the job.
T85-4646611
NVQ 1,2, 3,Red seal Certified tradesman trained by UK champion mason, working at heights cert
$1500
Warranty valid for all our new work. Patch work and repairs are only valid for 2 years.