Taunton Trades Ltd

Reviews for Taunton Trades Ltd

Tyrone in Toronto
Tyrone in Toronto
1 review Whitby, ON

Complete home heating and cooling retrofit

As a tradesmen in the industry I emphasized to Sean & Dave that workmanship was as important as functionality and performance of the final product. The job was a full retrofit of our split level home with no existing ducts. Well, our expectations were exceeded. Sean's crew of certified HVAC technicians were clean, meticulous, careful around our pets and didn't cut any corners (believe me, I checked lol). The level of customer service we received from Sean, Dave, and the crew made the two week process comfortable and the finish product was exactly what we wanted.
Thank you all soo much for your hard work!
Tyrone & Sarah

Tyrone and Sarah, thank you so much for the spectacular review. Every review we receive carries significant weight. It is a major method of measurement for how we are doing in the customer satisfaction department That being said, receiving such a glowing review from a fellow trades person is an absolute pleasure. It brings myself and my team great satisfaction to know that we not only met your expectations, but exceeded them. We look forward to continuing to look after your heating and cooling needs for years to come!

Terri in Whitby
Terri in Whitby

Never Been Happier!

From start to finish Taunton Trades delivers excellence in terms of customer service! Within 24 hours of calling, Dave was at my door to help. I received my quote before the end of the day, WITH a follow-up call to ensure it was received. The job was booked for the following week.
On the date of the project, the guys (Kevin & Ben) showed up with drop sheets to protect the carpet and were exceptional in terms of workmanship as well as customer service. At the end of the project, Sean showed up to collect payment and there were no additional or unexpected costs. We paid exactly what we were quoted.
Overall, if you want a friendly, courteous, professional and dependable HVAC company, Taunton Trades is it! Highly Recommend!

Terri, thank you so much for your wonderful review. We at Taunton Trades pride ourselves on trying to provide a great customer service experience. It makes us proud to know that we made such a great impression on you. Thank you for your business!

thehomeworx
thehomeworx
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Duct cleaning

They came in and did what they had told me they would do. They moved furniture for access and moved back. They did not try to upsell. They were very tidy.

Thank you for your 10 star review. We appreciate customers who know what they want and that value the simple but effective aspects of quality customer service. We appreciate your business.

Susan in Toronto
Susan in Toronto

Moving Ducts

I hired Taunton Trades to move some air ducts from a wall I was removing. Dave came to estimate and design the work. He was very professional and reliable. Two technician came to execute the work. They arrives on time, worked through the day and completed al the work in one day. The cost was very close to the estimate. I am compete satisfied with their work.

Susan, thank you for your review. While an 8 out of 10 is very good, we will make note of any steps that we could have taken to make this a better overall experience. Thank you for your feedback and your business.

Joanne in Toronto
Joanne in Toronto

furnace fiasco

On the coldest day of this year, Taunton Trades sent two service technicians to look at my furnace, which wasn't running. They told me I needed a new part, which one of them went to pick up. In the meantime, the other discovered a "new problem" and told me I needed another part that would take two weeks to get. They capped my gas and left me and my 90-year-old mother in sub-zero temperatures.
I called another technician for a second opinion. He came and fixed the first part, told me that the other problem had been misdiagnosed and made arrangements to fix the second, much less dire problem.
The same day I received a call from Taunton Trades' sales guy who wanted to sell me a new furnace. I told him I was in no rush and he said, "Oh, I thought it was an emergency because you're sitting there with no heat in minus thirty degrees. I've talked to four other people today who were in that situation and needed a new furnace."
'What a coincidence!', I thought.
After I paid the guys for their work I received only a receipt and had to contact them to ask for an itemized invoice. When I got it, it showed that $200 of the bill was for the trip to go pick up the part that never showed up!
I contacted Sean, the owner, twice to inquire about it and ask him to address this overcharge, and have never heard back from him. However, I notice that he has plenty of time to comment on positive reviews on line. I understand that sometimes things aren't handled the way they should be. Everybody makes mistakes. It's the way a company handles customer service problems that makes the difference for me. Sean's radio silence was a very loud alarm.
This was my first experience with this company and will be my last. It's not clear whether this outcome was due to inexperience or lack of expertise on their part, or if it was an outright racket to sell furnaces. Either way, I would never trust them again and would certainly not recommend them to anyone.

It has taken me a while to respond to this review because I view my company like an extension of myself and my family. When someone attacks the integrity of my company and the people who work with me it becomes very personal. Therefore I needed to take some time to gather my thoughts on this.

I would like to set the record straight by explaining exactly how the events of this call unfolded. Yes two technicians were dispatched to this customers home in response to a service request for a no heat situation. Upon arrival 2 situations were observed. The vent motor, which is responsible for removing the products of combustion from the furnace flame, was found to be receiving power but not running. The second observation was that the furnace had not necessarily been regularly maintained and was therefore quite dirty.

The manufacturer was contacted to obtain pricing for the replacement vent motor and an estimate of the time to retrieve the part and return to install it was provided. This is merely an estimate since the time period during which this call took place was when we were experiencing some of the worst driving conditions we have seen in the region in at least 10 years. Many customers seem to struggle with the idea of travel charges however it's like this. The technician operating the vehicle to retrieve the part needs to be paid and the vehicle itself has costs associated with its operation (fuel, insurance, maintenance, and the eventual replacement cost - to the otherwise initiated, these items are known as overhead). Any business that does not charge accordingly for these expenses will not survive long enough to be around to provide future service to clients.

The customer was also informed that the unit was in serious need of a maintenance/cleaning which she also authorized. In the interest of getting the work done as efficiently as possible one technician stayed on site to perform the inspection and cleaning. It was during the disassembly of the furnace to properly perform the maintenance that the crack in the heat exchanger was discovered. This was brought to the customers attention immediately upon its discovery. The customers immediate reaction was to call a "friend" who she claimed was also a heating contractor "and could have performed the work". If this was the case why were we called to the home in the first place? This is not the first time we have been faced with this and it always raises concerns for me as a contractor myself. However we were committed to the call and to fully explaining the situation to her. The technician performing the maintenance sent pictures to both myself and the other technician who was attending the call with him for second and third opinions. When the customer became so insistent that we were mistaken I went as far as to contact the local inspector from the Technical Standards and Safety Authority to insure that we were not misdiagnosing the problem. He agreed with our assessment. The TSSA is the regulatory and licensing body for our industry, and are also responsible for administering charges and punishment to technicians and companies that do not follow the rules and regulations set out in the Gas Code. If another technician felt that it was safe to restart this appliance in the condition that it was in then that is a risk he takes upon himself. I have a responsibility to my family and the people who work for my company not to put anyone in harms way where the result could be substantial fines for both the company and the technicians, or worse, the injury of a customer or the general public.

At the end of the day, yes we left this customer without heat because her furnace was unsafe to operate. We offered her temporary heaters which she refused. We also made an effort to contact her quickly to see if she wanted to consider repairing the unit, which would mean a two week wait for parts, or replace it with a model that met with her needs and budget. She delayed discussion with my customer service manager by claiming that she was otherwise engaged with something else and indicated that she would like to contact us when she was ready to discuss the next portion of the proceedings. At no time throughout any of these dealings was there any mention of an elderly parent living with her in the home, and if that was the case why did she refuse the offer of our heaters that we lend out free of charge to people without heat.

I stand by the fact that we have a substantial number of 10 star reviews and that we took the correct course of action to protect this customer from a potentially hazardous situation. There are other technicians in the industry who interpret the code the way they see fit and are willing to do things that are not safe or legal. I am thankful for the team I have working with me who value the importance of conducting ourselves with safety in mind.

Furnace in Ajax
Furnace in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Furnace Repair

Our furnace motor died 3 am December 30. Called Sean 9.30 am to discuss problem. Because it was a Sunday, cost to attend would have been higher than usual. Due to fact we had portable heaters, we agreed that his team would come Monday morning. The team easily found the problem and had replacement motor installed in a very timely manner. I highly recommend this company and will use them again if or when that's necessary. Thank you very much, Sean. Your guys were great.

Think you very much for your glowing review of our service. We strive to provide a positive experience for our customers especially when they are faced with unexpected repairs. It's good to know that our team is making a great impression on our customers!

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Furnace maintenance and repair

Sean and his team are friendly, reliable and respond to calls in a timely manner. I would highly recommend this company to anyone needing furnace/AC work. We have been using this company for over 5 years.

Thank you for the 10 star review. You've indicated that you have been using our services for over 5 years. Thank you for your repeat business. We look forward to providing great service to you for many more.

Mrs. D.
Mrs. D.
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Highly recommend

Extremely satisfied with Taunton Trades.

Each employee was prompt, courteous, knowledgeable, and most importantly genuinely cares about the work they are doing.

When we had an ongoing furnace problem after maintenance, Sean personally came back that day and worked through until he discovered the problem and a solution.

Prices are fair, upfront, and everything was explained thoroughly to us. Very confidently recommend Sean and his team.

Thank you for the wonderful review. We pride ourselves on providing a great customer service experience. At times it can be difficult to diagnose a nuisance problem, especially one that does not have typical symptoms. We stick with it until the issue is solved, and we feel customers should be able to count on that.

JD
JD
4 reviews Pickering, ON

Furnace repair & new Gas Fireplace

Our contractor highly recommended Tauton Trades when our gas fireplace seemed to have problems. Based on Dave’s inspection of our existing fireplace, we decided to purchase a new gas fireplace. Tauton Trades was able to provide a great looking, Canadian made fireplace to replace our unit.

Before the job was booked, I contacted Sean at Tauton Trades as my furnace was not working. He responded right away and was there the next day. He was quickly able to diagnose the problem and start the furnace. The price was so reasonable too!! I couldn’t ask for better service!

On installation day for the fireplace, Kevin and Ben showed up right on schedule. I was very impressed with them and they were very careful to protect our new wood floors. The installation went smoothly and they certainly knew what they were doing. Kevin explained how to operate my new unit. Such great customer service from everyone. Tauton Trades is a great company!!

Thank you Judith! We appreciate you giving us this great review and we look forward to being here to help any time you might have a heating or cooling issue in your home. Making customers happy is why we do what we do!

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Duct work changes for a renovation

Although they do good work, I found Dave noncommittal on timing of when the job was going to begin (I was given the run around for weeks!) and the owner rude and unprofessional when he was on-site. He complained the entire time he was here about the job to other trades and when I asked him about a very small and simple extra thing (it was a cap) he replied rudely that that was beyond the scope of the job...wow. Never said I wouldn’t pay For any extra tasks but he clearly didn’t want to do it. Won’t hire them again. I’ve already employed another company on a separate job.

Our other reviews...all 10 out of 10....speak to our professionalism and quality of service. Sometimes when you point a finger at someone there are 3 pointing back at you. All people would do well to remember this. There are 2 sides to every story. That is all I'm going to say on this.

So after a number of months thinking about this reviewer I want to raise a few points. No where is it mentioned that when trying to complete this job there were many aspects of the construction of the home that were providing obstacles and difficulty for the work both our company and the plumbing contractor were trying to complete. This is not the fault of anyone and could not have been predicted by either myself or the customer. As a group, the customer, the plumber and myself, we were all laughing in spite of the situations that kept coming up every time we thought we had figured out a plan. We would start to work our way through finding a route for the ducting and plumbing that would not cause a problem to the operation of either only to find some structural piece of wall or joist that was again in our way. Also at one point in the day the plumber ran out of some supplies that he needed to complete his work. So we gave him the materials he needed so that his work would not be delayed. Lastly, there was a point in the plumbers work where he could not access a joint with his PEX crimping tool. Our's is of a different style and by lending it to him, it afforded him the room he needed to make the joint successfully.

I feel it is unfair of this reviewer to give us this rating given that we went above and beyond to be team players. Also her remark about me not wanting to do the extra work is very unfair. All through the process of bidding the job, trying to organize the work, and even in the performance of the work, price was always at the forefront of any discussion this customer brought to the table. So when a relatively easy extra came up unexpectedly, I simply directed her to a simple and cost efficient DIY solution. At the time she was more than happy to take this on herself. For some reason, later on it has become an issue.

More about Taunton Trades Ltd

Taunton Trades Ltd. is a fully licensed, insured and highly qualified heating, ventilation and air conditioning service and installation contractor. The owner Sean Lemery, has well over 25 years of industry experience in the residential, commercial and industrial/institutional sectors. He has performed work for both the private and public sectors and has obtained a full understanding of the operating principles and procedures of these diverse client bases.

WE PROVIDE SALES, SERVICES AND INSTALLATION OF THE FOLLOWING NATURAL GAS AND PROPANE SYSTEMS:
Hot Water / Radiant Heating Systems,Tankless / On Demand Water Heaters, Rooftop Units / Make Up Air Units, Exhaust Systems, Boilers / Pool Heaters, Furnaces, Air Conditioning, Humidifiers / Air Cleaners, Heat Pumps / Geothermal Systems, Ductless Heating and Cooling, Sheet metal / Custom Ductwork, Gas Piping / Underground Gas Lines, Premium Duct Cleaning, Gas and Propane Fireplaces.
We can also refer our business contacts and clients to reliable businesses providing General Contracting, Welding/Fabricating, Plumbing, Electrical and Insulation Services through our involvement in BNI. Do not hesitate to contact us for a referral to one of our colleagues.