Air Central

customer17 in Edmonton
customer17 in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Furnace and A/C installed incorrectly/unsafely

I had a furnace and a/c unit installed in Calgary by Air Central in April 2016. In April 2017, I called to have my a/c serviced as it wasn't working, but the receptionist told me I was setting my thermostat wrong and she refused to send someone. This April, I contacted the Edmonton location for the new Calgary contact number only to find out the Calgary location shutdown in April, 2017. I was told to contact another company to do the service call on my a/c unit. Another company came by and found that my a/c unit was installed incorrectly which caused over 2lbs of coolant to leak. It has now cost me $362 for an error by the installer. When I contacted the Edmonton location again about this issue, they refused to pay for another company's service call even though they told me to call someone else. My furnace also has install issues. Do not use this company!

We are sorry you are having problems with your AC unit but we did not do your install. I do know you contacted us in Edmonton and we explained to you then. You then sent over your invoice from the service call and insisted we pay for it...again, we did not do your install. That being said, I read their service call invoice and it didn't say the leaking was from the install(nor anything about your furnace damage?), it actually stated they did not know where it was leaking from and could just have a leak period, it didn't say it was from the install nor did it say anything was installed incorrectly. In your review here you mentioned calling in April last year to Calgary, then you didn't call all summer? That seems a bit strange that you would not insist on someone coming out all summer...In our conversation you said they told you to try stuff, thermostat setting, filter clean, vents open...That seems pretty standard to have someone try all those things as a lot of times a AC not working is home owner error and a easy fix then if it still is not working then have someone come out. It sounds like you never called back after trying stuff? Which makes me think it was actually working after trying stuff?
The only thing you are correct about in your review is we told you that you needed to call a service company...I cant help you as we are a Edmonton based company, and we did not do your install. You mentioned as well to us in our office that you would make sure no one uses our company in Edmonton...I'm sorry you feel that way as we did not do your install.
Again, I'm sorry your having to deal with this issue...

Paul
Paul

Great on-site service!

We had a fantastic experience dealing with Tim and his crew from Air Central who installed air conditioning in our NW Calgary home. They were friendly, efficient, and reasonably priced. We're so glad that we chose to do business with this company for my air conditioning installation.

Terri from Calgary
Terri from Calgary

DO NOT GO ANYWHERE ELSE for AC!!!!

Please, do not go anywhere else for AC these guys are incredible. I finished renovations this year and AC was the final touch. Having to deal with contractors was a complete nightmare. When Tim and Rick came to do the installation they went above and beyond. They were super nice, professional and did an excellent job. I didn't even know they were there when I came home from work. I had three quotes prior to Air Central and this was by far the least expensive but not only that the service was nothing what I expected. You won't be disappointed. I am telling all my friends and family to use Air Central.