HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Oakville  >  Oakville Appliance Repair

Reviews for Oakville Appliance Repair

Happy i.
Happy i.

Exhaust fan repair

Called Oakville Appliance Repair, next day and a rep from a company called SOS appliance repair showed up and said they were "partners". That's not who I called.....but service man very nice and diagnosed problem he told me it was a repair thay he couldn't do himself and the next available tech who could was four days away. I was told a bolt broke off my motor mount and it was $460 +hst to repair and $1500 + hst with a new motor. Next day I climbed a ladder 6 feet in the air and replaced a broken bolt in 5 minutes. The tech on the phone seemed to know the problem but was obviuosly gouging me. There's no excuse this time Oakville Appliance Repairs. Trying to sub -out your reputation?? Beware of Oakville, don't fall for these guys.

Refrigerator Repair

Aden was ontime, courteous and most of all honest. Before making a part replacement, he had us test a few free solutions.

In the end we needed a repair, the work was done well and the price was fair. Also, he was very patient with our toddler who kept getting into his tools.

Would use them again.

Thank you for your kind words. We are very happy to hear that you found our services to be satisfactory! :)

Jenn Air Range Service

Our range was getting error codes. We contacted Oakville Appliance Repair for a home visit. Aden was very knowledgeable and was able to repair the issue. We were very pleased with the quick service and friendly technician. We would recommed Oakville Appliance to our friends and family

We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with our services. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we really appreciate it!

Julie in Oakville
Julie in Oakville

Fridge Repair

I had recently moved into a new home and our fridge had a leak. I called Oakville Appliance Repair who stated that they had a technician who was certified to complete repairs on the Viking range of fridges. He arrived very promptly, was polite and courteous but that's where the good review stops!! He told me that it would cost $1100 or $1650 to repair and insisted that I pay 50% up front. I may be blonde but I am not stupid and I stated that I would need to check with my husband. I then called Viking in the US who gave me details of a contact in Canada, who gave me details of a technician in the GTA. Fridge was fixed by them for $134!!!!!!!! Highly recommend that you do not use Oakville Appliance Repair or SOS Applicance Repair and a technician called Mino.

Hi Julie,

We have had some bad luck in the past few months with a troublesome technician that has caused problems for our valued clients. As an organization that values customer satisfaction and loyalty, this is not acceptable to us. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for this unfortunate incident, and we hope that you give us another chance in the future.

Gordon
Gordon

Dishwasher Problem Diagnosis

Booked appointment - described problem on the phone when booking as Touchpad controls not working. Technician was an hour late. After arrival, the Technician looked at the dishwasher and control panel and touched the buttons for 30 seconds then completed his diagnosis -- "Touch pad is broken". Remainder of appointment consists of technician spending 15 minutes waiting to talk to senior technician on his cell phone to get quote for repair. This service call was thus a paid quote. I derived little value from the service.
Suggestions for improvement:
1. Better triage and provision of explanations when booking the appointment would be a much superior service (this is available from other companies in the area.)
2. Actually meeting promised time commitments or at a minimum some notice when they are delayed would reflect an expected minimum level of service.
3. Some actual diagnosis and troubleshooting (e.g. removing the touch pad cover) would provide some assurance that the technician is actually trying to solve the problem and that the client is receiving some value for money spent.

Hi Gordon,

I hope you accept our sincere apologies for the level or service you received from us. We have had to restructure the company due to unfortunate issues with technicians and office staff that were causing problems for our valued clients. We hope you give us another chance in the future to show you that we truly value your business.

Agnes in Oakville
Agnes in Oakville

Overpriced Refrigerator repair

In May, I called for emergency repair approx. 8am due to leaking of refrigerator's water supply line and my kitchen is flooding.//

1) Late arrival --
They kept promising me the technician was coming as soon as possible. However, the technician arrived 2:30pm (6 hrs after emergency call). My wood-floor kitchen was already damaged. If I knew it was false promise, I would call another company instead of waiting. //

2) Overpricing --
The technician arrived, I did ask for price, he said still estimating. He checked and stop leaking within 15 mins. After he did it, he asked for over $300 charge. He emphasized the little connector costs $180. I felt like that I was forced to pay for it, because he showed me he has already cut the water supply line/ add connector, obviously stop leaking. He said it is no warranty, but won't happen again.//

However, my water supply line was leaking again 1 month later.
I called another company, their technician used 1.5 hours to replace my whole water supply line from basement to ground floor, just cost $160.//

I chose Oakville Appliance Repair due to its good reviews here, but I was very disappointed to its dishonest service.

Hi Agnes,

What happened to you in this situation is absolutely unacceptable, and we want to sincerely apologize for the service you received from our staff. In the past few months, we have had to restructure the company due to unfortunate issues with technicians and office staff that were causing problems for our valued clients. We hope you give us another chance in the future to show you that we truly value your business.

Yolanda in Oakville
Yolanda in Oakville

Poor Ethics

Positives: quick response to my Saturday morning call for two appliances in need of repair. The repair man, from SOS Appliance Repair, was very thorough in analyzing the issue with my stove (mice had nibbled through the wires).
Negatives: after I described the issue with my refrigerator, the freezer was frosting over and I could not regulate the temperature, he took a cursory look inside and said it was the motherboard, at a cost of $600 - $700, for which I had to pay half upfront, which I did.

The repairman did not look to see if there was enough room between wall and fridge to allow adequate air circulation, which there was not, nor did he ask how old the fridge was (about 9 months) - as the electronics on a good fridge do not self-destruct so quickly.

After he left, I did some reading and pulled the fridge away from the wall and the problem was fixed within 24 hours. I call OakviileAppliance Repair to cancel the motherboard replacement and asked for my deposit (less service charge) to be refunded.

That was mid-April. I followed up every few weeks for three full months and only received my refund after I said that I was going to
write this review.

Hi Yolanda,

We want to extend our sincerest apologies to you. In the past few months, we have had to restructure the company due to unfortunate issues with technicians and office staff that were causing problems for our valued clients. As an organization that values customer satisfaction and loyalty, this is not acceptable to us. We hope you give us another chance in the future to show you that we truly value your business.

MZM in Toronto
MZM in Toronto

Fridge repair

The freezer portion of our fridge conked out and the tech was quick to point out that the compressor had gone. The repair was going to be costly and the tech recommended replacing the fridge - unfortunate but we appreciated the honesty.

Fridge Kitchenaid

the company provides the same day service.
technician arrived after an hour and fix my fridge within an hour.
I recommended this company to everyone.
Professional approach to the problem and very accurate job has been done.
thanks

More about Oakville Appliance Repair

Oakville Appliance Repair takes pride in providing the residents of Oakville top quality appliance repair done by skilled technicians. We are always available to you 24/ 7, call us today to schedule your same-day appointment!