Hargrave Heating and Air Conditioning

151 Amber Street, Unit 12 Markham ON L3R 3J7
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Unionville  >  Hargrave Heating and Air Conditioning

Reviews for Hargrave Heating and Air Conditioning

Jonathan in Markham
Jonathan in Markham

AC replacement

I had my old AC unit serviced, and was advised that there was a freon leakage.

We ordered a Performance series 16 replacement of same tonnage, and installation was professionally done. We also found significant rusting on the previous exchange unit due to freon leakage.

The new AC is more efficient and cools the house down much quicker than the old unit.

Thank you we are glad to hear the good news !

Yuvi
Yuvi

New Modulating Furnace + 17 Seer AC + Infinity System Control + MERV 15 Infinity Air Purifier + Rheem 50g Power-Vented Water Tank

We came home one night to find out that our water rental tank had burst. The rental company had installed the replacement tank incorrectly (not to code) exposing us to potential Carbon Monoxide putting our safety at risk. Instead of correcting their mistake the rental company gave us the run around. The next day their technician came over and out of spite red tagged the water heater and furnace. Upon completion of the tag he threw it in our face and drove off. Deciding we had enough we canceled our water heater contract and explored our options. Luckily we found Tim through Lowes and opted to replace our water heater, original 50 year + furnace and original AC with Hargrave. Hargrave being a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer (FAD) and excelling above their competitors in the following categories gave us confidence to enlist their services.

Quotation/ Consult:

Through multiple consults we noticed that the majority of HVAC contactors would give misleading quotes. They kept estimates “artificially” low by including an AC that was too small for the house or by quoting their most basic single staged furnace to entice us into a sale. They would say/promise one thing and write something different on paper. This is where Tim from Hargrave differed. His quoting/proposal system is the best we had ever seen; it was even better than Lowes. All work, warranty, materials with no hidden costs is clearly outlined. Best of all the proposal is interactive where you can view 3 packages “good, better and best”. Once you click a specific package you are able to see pictures of the equipment, their model numbers, a list of features and product videos for further information. Everything is upfront and open which prevents any confusion later on. In addition, we felt Tim gave the best quality equipment/package for the best price. It was his honesty and his willingness to work with us to provide the best package possible is what impressed us the most during the quotation process.

Install:

Prior to our install Tim had cleared our red tag and arranged for a pre-audit so we could take advantage of any energy rebates. The day of the install Tim and his crew showed up promptly at 8am. He ran through what his expectations were and what work needed to be done. He went through all the equipment, confirmed model/serial numbers and showed us paperwork confirming everything was brand new from Carrier’s warehouse. The crew, Dimitri, Dom and Kevin were friendly and hardworking. They disconnected the rental tank and placed it safely outside. They worked non-stop until the job was done (5:30pm). Their workmanship was excellent, all joints were taped/sealed, the transition piece to the new furnace was flawless and all piping was secured with strapping/clamps. The furnace was installed on a raised concrete slab to protect it from any flooding and water damage. All piping running outdoors and any open chimney vents were insulated and sealed with silicone. Kevin setup and showed us how to use the Infinity System Control. The crew cleaned up well; we could not even tell they were there!

Warranty/ Service:

Out of all the HVAC contractors we received estimates from, Hargrave provided us with best warranty. No one came close to their 10 year parts + labor warranty on the furnace/AC and 12 years parts + labor on the water tank. Tim provides top notch service. He always picked up our phones calls and was quick to return any missed ones. He listened to what we wanted and answered all our questions with a smile. After the install, he came over to inspect the work and ran over the system control with us and improved our furnace/AC settings. He even followed up a few times on the phone to make sure everything was okay. We look forward to our yearly maintenance service with Hargrave.

The comfort level in our home has gone up. The heating is comfortable and the house no longer feels like a sauna. The air is no longer dry thanks to the humidifier. The AC is super quiet and we love the built-in dehumidifier. The air feels better and we have noticed less dust thanks to the air cleaner; it is truly hospital grade. Our new power-vented water heater is great as it provides ample hot water and operates silently unlike the rental unit. The Infinity System Control is amazing, it really allows one to micromanage all cooling and heating needs. Whether you decide to go through Lowes or with Tim and Hargrave directly rest assured you are dealing with the best the industry has to offer.

Tim feel free to provide our contact information to any potential customers. We will gladly endorse your services. Thank you for helping us through such a difficult situation.

Abel in Toronto
Abel in Toronto

Amazing service and Products

I just replaced my 20 years old Furnace and AC and I'm extremely happy and satisfied with the top of the line equipment and service Hargrave crew provided. I took my time to shop around and compare products, warranty and costs from Home Depot (Trane), Costco (Lennox), Enercare (Amana) and Lowe's (Carrier). I compared apples to apples and carefully reviewed each quote. Finally made my decision and chose Hargrave as the authorized contractor for Lowe's. I got the "Infinity" top of the line Furnace and AC and the price difference was significantly less than the other providers after having the "Cool Cash" promotion the company offers. Tim S. the sales rep. was amazing!! He carefully took me through the process by explaining the different options and what makes them apart from others: "10 years parts and labor warranty (other providers offer 10 years warranty on parts but only 3 years on labor"). The installation day was smooth and everything was clean and very well installed. After the installation, Hargrave submitted the rebates request on my behalf. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and the professional service these guys provided. 150% recommended.

Thanks !

Furnace and Air Conditioner Replacement

Hargrove heating was referred to me by a neighbor. Tim was professional and demonstrated his accountability by showing up just close to the end of the install to check in on the progress. He walked through a few items with the smart thermostat and answered all my questions
We did have a small hurdle however it was fixed in no time. The installers were very nice and cleaned up after
I would strongly recommend Hargrave!
Nice job guys

Thanks for taking the time to leave feed back !!

isumi in Markham
isumi in Markham

Furnace replacement

Absolute professionals with the passion to help (and warm hearts). My furnace failed on me and I was glad that I gave them a call. Janet was very helpful on the phone and Kevin was just wonderful to work with.

Kevin arrived right on time with the arrangement, his friendliness made me feel we've known each other for a long time, his knowledge gave multiple options to best fit my situation. Kevin and his installation partner (i forgot to ask his name) are extremely helpful and respectful. They did such a clean installation job that looked like they weren't even here, and have went above and beyond to fix the poor job that the previous company have done.

I thank you again for warming me up with this friendly, delightful and pressure free professional experience.

Highly recommend Hargrave Heating & AC and will continue to bug them for any future issues.

Daniel in Mississauga
Daniel in Mississauga

Furance

Recently replaced our old furnace and we had Kevin from Hargrave Heating and Air Conditioning working with us. Kevin was extremely helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. The service was great. Kevin and his installation team (Dimitri and the other person) were very professional and respectful of the property. They rolled out carpets to protect the property and cleaned up after themselves. They arrived on time and did a good and clean installation work. We definitely recommend this company and its Crew

Thanks for the review !

Ben Stiavnicky from Newmarket
Ben Stiavnicky from Newmarket
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Top Notch Services

Had an excellent experience with Kevin and his team. They treated the job like it was their own home! Would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for these type of services.

Thanks for the review !

George
George
4 reviews New Tecumseth, ON

Fast and Professional

Kevin came to install a receiver for our gas fireplace so we could use a remote. He is personable, professional and efficient. The whole job took about five minutes and everything works perfectly. We're super impressed with Hargrave.

Thanks you !

D Wu in Markham
D Wu in Markham

Furnace

We encountered a problem with our furnace shutting down prematurely and not providing heat. On the recommendation of a neighbour, I contacted Tim for assistance. He was able to arrange for one of his service technicians to have a look. He showed up within 45 minutes and was able to quickly diagnose the problem. The office was able to provide options without any pressure or obligation. Even after normal business hours, Tim made himself available to answer questions. We opted for the replacement and to my surprise, Tim was able to not only schedule for the next day, but the first call of the day! His techs showed up as arranged the night before and were extremely efficient. They took extra care to protect the floors as they had to remove the old unit and bring in the new unit. Upon completion, the techs cleaned up the site and removed all garbage generated. I was thoroughly impressed and highly recommend. You just don't get this kind of service these days. Thank you!

Thank you !

Junior in Scarborough
Junior in Scarborough

New Furnace

Everything went great, although could have expedited the installation of the furnace since the old one was not working. Providing a new filter with the purchase of every furnace could be something to consider as well.

I am glad to hear things went well ! I am sorry for not being able to do it the same day (the model you went with was not in stock ) if you like you can call me to discuss .

Thanks

More about Hargrave Heating and Air Conditioning

Hargrave Heating has 24/7 services for our customers. We have crews on standby to be there for you when you really need them. Experts in Furnace Repair, Air Conditioning Repair, scheduled furnace service and air conditioning service for all makes and manufacturers.

We are located in Markham servicing Markham, Stouffville, Unionville, Pickering and all area’s in the GTA and Durham Regions! Look out for our seasonal flyers to take advantage of deals on Furnace Repair, Emergency Heating Service, and Air Conditioning Service.