Hargrave Heating And Air Conditioning

Reviews for Hargrave Heating And Air Conditioning

changvince
changvince

New Furnace Installation

After realizing I needed to replace my Carrier furnace. I started to do a lot of research on a replacement. I decided to move forward with another Carrier furnace (rebate program) and contacted Hargrave. After receiving a couple quotes from different companies, what stood out from Hargarve was their written proposal/quote that Tim provided me. It was very well laid out and explained what they were going to do and install. The proposal also had a comparison of the different models. Tim recommended that I go with a smaller unit (size of BTU) and guaranteed that it would be sufficient for my house. After committing to the installation, Janet contacted me and after explaining to her that I had not heat in the house she was able to juggle the schedule and get me an earlier installation date. The installation team (sorry I didn’t catch their names) arrived on time, installed the furnace and cleaned up before leaving. After they left I noticed that the furnace was not running and called Janet. The team came back within the hour and resolved the issue. Overall a very good experience with the entire Hargrave team.

mannytalx in Markham
mannytalx in Markham

New Furnace

My furnace was shut down due to a crack in my heat exchange.

Due to cost, my plan was to replace the heat exchange. So I started to looking around for a company that could give me a fare price to do this job.

After talking to multiple companies Hargrave Heating And Air Conditioning was the one that gave me the best price on replacing the heat exchange.

But after doing some research I realize that it might be better just to replace the furnace as it was already 10 years old.

Again, Hargrave Heating And Air Conditioning gave me the best price on replacing the furnace as well, so I decided to go with them.

My overall experience with Hargrave Heating And Air Conditioning was excellent.

They have an awesome team and great customer service.

The installation was smooth and the left my home clean.

that’s why they get a 10/10

I would highly recommend them for all your heating & cooling needs.

Aran in Toronto
Aran in Toronto

Tankless Water Heater

Hargrave Heating has fantastic customer service from the President down. We have used them for a new AC, Furnace and recently a new Tankless Water Heater. I was thoroughly impressed with how efficient and smooth the process was! I highly recommend using them in the GTA!

Thank you for the kind words !

Private User reviews Bowmanville, ON

Furnace and Air Conditioner installation

We have been suffering with a furnace intalled in our new home since 2018. This furnace was definetly problematic. We changed to a Carrier and what a difference our experience is like night and day. Tim the sales person from Hargrave Heating who we dealt with is very knowlegable and HONEST. Steve the installer of the furnace was was an effiencent, polite and tidy. Kenny and Kevin who installed the Air Conditioner were the same. I would highly recommend Hargrave. They are honest and professional. They treat both you and your home with respect they work neat and tidy and clean up before leaving your home...Excellent customer service from ALL who we dealt with from start to finish which is truly rear to find these days. Hargrave left us a totally satisfied customer and we finally feel comfortable and safe in our home with the products they installed for us. An AMAZING company.

Thank you !

Jonathan
Jonathan
6 reviews Whitby, ON

Furnace & A/C Replacement, Humidifier Install

Received 3 quotes to do the work in Oct 2020, one vendor quoted makes and models that I hadn't heard of, another wanted to install a furnace with a higher BTU than I already had. Contacted Tim to ask why he wasn't quoting a higher BTU furnace and he explained that the new furnaces are more efficient and I didn't need to spend the extra money.
Tim was very responsive to all communications and took the time to explain things.

When his team arrived on install day, they took all Covid precautions and protected my floors and staircases. The installers were very friendly, tidy and took the time to explain everything and made sure I was happy before leaving.

Mike  in Scarborough
Mike in Scarborough
4 reviews Scarborough, ON

Service

From the very beginning the owner, "Tim", from Hargraves Heating was dishonest. When he came to my home for the install meeting I asked if they would service a secondary furnace in the home. Tim said "Yes that should not be a problem". That was a dishonest because I found out later from his own staff "that they do not service equipment that they do not install". So Tim was Dishonest to get the furnace install job. They also would not service the older A/C unit that was attached to the furnace. After I complained several times they finally agreed to service it when I said otherwise I would have to find another company for the A/C services. they still would not service the other furnace.

One of the main reason's I contacted Hargraves was because I wanted the secondary furnace serviced. As stated Tim was dishonest .

I still went forward with him re Maintenance service because of the warranty & I also gave them a 10 for the install which I now regret. Going forward with them for the service was a BIG mistake . One tech on his visit complained the entire time about the A/C unit & how it should be replaced . At the end of the appointment I asked how are the numbers. Response 'everything is fine", which conflicted with his ongoing whining of replacing the unit.

Another service tech App't when he left, after the service, the furnace failed. Had to call them back 2 hours later in the winter they came back. That was a first for any HAVC company in our home.

Now the key point I want to state to any viewers. DO NOT PROVIDE HARGRAVES WITH ANY CREDIT CARD NUMBER for any Auto payment plan. Because they cannot be trusted to show up for timely regular in season service appointments. Their idea for fairness is instead of refunding my 6 months for none service in the fall. Is to offer 4 months free service. For What??? does that mean not charging my credit card for non service for another 4 months & when do I get my early fall 2020 Furnace
maintenance call? in March 2021???No Thanks.

They are willing & able to both charge a credit card monthly & send receipts monthly for the charges. BUT they won't contact you for paid for maintenance services & then they refuse to refund said charges for service calls that never happen.

The difference between other HVAC company's & Hargraves is provided in this example. Atlas Air will actually do service maintenance appointments in a IN SEASON timely time frame Hargraves does not. Hargraves Tech's do not even vacuum in the inside of the Furnace unit which is standard for any other company. Atlas provides refunds for the remainder of service contracts without even having to ask them while Hargraves don't provide service calls , won't admit their mistakes and won't provide requested refund for in season service calls they did not provide. And during any of the service calls, they did, they NEVER provided a report of the service call. NO DOCUMENT. That is again a first for ANY HAVC company we have had. That is unusual for a HVAC company.

Tim's default is to talk on the phone , If he is pressed. He will not put any communication in writing/e-mail Why? Because based on my experience you can't trust anything he say's out loud. His word mean's nothing. and of course they never contacted me again regarding a REFUND. Every 6 months I will provide a feedback and it won't be positive. So REFUND my money, unless you don't want to see your rating affected. And believe me I will find other places to give feedback on your company. As I told you before . "Not smart business"

P.S. Based on my experience I am very surprised this company has in house awards( probably because they are in house awards) and all kinds 10's on this site. they say put everything in writing. That assumes you can't trust people like Tim. DON'T!

Hi Mike , I am sorry that you have had a bad expireince with us and also that you feel we were not honest with you . I have alway prided my self being honest and transparent . We have 5000 Annual service and preventative maintenance contracts and feel we have always been truthful to our customers . If you want please contact me directly and we will have this resolved

Tim
905-946-9799
Ext 3100

sgodwin in Markham
sgodwin in Markham
1 review Whitby, ON

Tankless water heater install

Tim, Steve and the crew did great job installing the tankless water heater. They arrived on time, put down protective covers and cleaned up after they were finished. The new system works great, we are very pleased.

rob in Stirling
rob in Stirling

Thermostat

Needed a thermostat changed. We had not heat because of it. Hargrave answered my call this morning at 8:15 and had someone at our place before noon. Kevin changed our thermostat and also talked to us about tankless hot water. He was super professional and friendly. Perfect job and clean. We will be calling them for our tankless hot water job this week! Thank you Hargrave for the great service today.

VB
VB

New Furnace

The technicians were professional and on time. The owner answered my call on a Sunday evening, as our furnace shutdown and needed to be replaced at the worst possible time. The price was great as well. Others tried to take advantage of my situation, with it being the coldest time of the year. Highly recommend! Five Stars!!!

I am glad everything worked out !

Fred in Ajax
Fred in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Hot water tank replacement

Regarding replacement of hot water heater, they provided an excellent quote, fantastic service as always (on time, professional appearance and job done well). We are repeat customer (AC install and furnace maintenance) and would highly recommend Tim and team!

More about Hargrave Heating And Air Conditioning

Hargrave Heating has 24/7 services for our customers. We have crews on standby to be there for you when you really need them. Experts in Furnace Repair, Air Conditioning Repair, scheduled furnace service and air conditioning service for all makes and manufacturers.

We are located in Markham servicing Markham, Stouffville, Unionville, Pickering and all area’s in the GTA and Durham Regions! Look out for our seasonal flyers to take advantage of deals on Furnace Repair, Emergency Heating Service, and Air Conditioning Service.