Excel Heating and Air Conditioning

16551 75 St NW Edmonton AB T5Z 3R1
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Edmonton  >  Excel Heating and Air Conditioning

Reviews for Excel Heating and Air Conditioning

Helen in Edmonton
Helen in Edmonton

Air conditioning - quote & installation

As a first time air conditioning buyer, I was not really sure what kind of unit I was looking for or how much I was going to have to pay. I contacted 6 different companies and only 3 of them returned my phone call and was able to provide me with a quote.

Blake answered when I called Excel heating and he was able to accommodate me 2 days later to provide me with a quote. After I made my decision to go with a Carrier AC with Excel Heating, the unit was installed a week later.

Matt came the first day and did everything he could on the inside of the house as it was raining pretty hard and they could not acually instal the unit. Matt & Blake came back the next day and finished everything up. They cleaned up everything on the inside and the outside and other than leaving a 1.5 ton AC unit, you wouldn’t even know they were there.

The one thing I would recommend is getting clarification on the seer vs the energy efficiency you are looking for. This made all the difference for me when selecting the right AC unit.

Fidelma in Edmonton
Fidelma in Edmonton

AC Install

Excellent service from start to finish. Blake responded promptly to my request for a quote and any follow-up questions i had before confirming I wanted to proceed with the installation. He made it very clear what the price would be (no revisions to cost during the project) and clarified the equipment specs etc.. confirmed the proposal after a site visit. Provided and estimated installation date and stuck to his word. He had our system installed just before the May long weekend and a predicted heat wave. The system works so well that we didnt realize how warm it was until we ventured outside. Ours is a 2 story home which can be difficult to cool but our systems works very effectively and we can feel the difference at night too. A better nights sleep means a happier day for all (stay at home dad with 2 toddlers running around). Blake didn't oversize our system and we are very impressed at how quietly the system runs. The installation was seamless. Blake and Matt were very professional, clean, tidy and did an excellent job. They we're done within the time slot they proposed and left the worksite as found. We feel that this project has increased the value of our home and improved our quality of life greatly. Blake took care of registering our system right away and our system passed the City inspection very easily. Before leaving Blake gave us a cover for our system. We did a walk through of the system and he explained general maintenance of the system. Thanks Blake and Matt for a job well done and being true to your word. Its hard these days to get a quality job for a fair price and Excel Heating exceeded our expectations. I will most definately be recommending this company to others.

Thank you Fidelma for this great review! It was a pleasure for us to install you new Carrier Infinity AC system. I'm sure it will give you years and years of comfort. Thanks again for hiring us. We look forward to serving you again!

Paul K in Edmonton
Paul K in Edmonton

A/C Install

Excel was recommended to me by a friend who had his A/C installed last year. Blake was able to quickly come by to provide a quote; His pricing was in the ballpark of others I had obtained but he was the only one who didn’t try to up-sell me on something way too large for my place. There was a minor hiccup with delivery of the unit its self which was out of his control, but he made sure to communicate with me what he knew as he received the information. I would absolutely recommend Excel Heating and Air Conditioning to anyone.

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review for us Paul! And thanks again for hiring us it was a pleasure doing work for you!

AC for Summer

After some difficulties with our Carrier furnace we decided to get in touch with a Carrier specialist--Excel, we were so impressed with the professionalism of our tech, Blake we wound up buying a Carrier AC unit from this company. Matt and Blake did a fine job which was as scheduled and as quoted. Bottom line, would I refer them to a friend--by all means. Thanks

Thank you for sending in this review! We're glad that you're happy with our service. Thanks again for hiring us!

curt389 in Edmonton
curt389 in Edmonton
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Skilled Professional, AC Fixed, Happy Customer

The technician who came was Blake Livingston. He was polite, knowledgeable and quickly diagnosed the issue and answered my questions helpfully as he worked. He clearly understood AC units very well and had terrific tools.

The problem turned out to be that the high pressure switch tripped. He found the red reset button inside the outside unit and pressed it and that fixed the problem. One of the common reasons they trip is if the unit is not sprayed down annually and the temperature gets hot eg >35C. It sounds like a less common problem to have.

It took about 20 minutes and required no replacement parts so my only complaint is that $157.50 seemed a bit pricey. But not entirely unreasonable for professional service.

Beforehand, I watched a couple AC-repair youtube videos and read my AC manual. I could not easily figure it out. I checked the basic things - the thermostat seemed fine, was set to activate the AC and the breaker hadn't tripped.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Much appreciated!

Jaime in Edmonton
Jaime in Edmonton

AC Installation

In preparation for a hot summer I studied the type of AC I would need and read the reviews of installers online. I invited the top 4 to do an assessment of my place. Blake was the only one who didn’t upsell a more powerful unit and validated what I already researched. He was also the only one who was confident about placing a unit in a spot that had a narrow entrance by hoisting it over the fence instead of dismantling the fence. Him and Matt were able to do it. I can verify with the other reviews that their work was methodical, efficient, and clean. Blake and Matt are very professional and well-coordinated. They arrived on time and finished when they said they would without experiencing any complications.

Thank you so much for this review Jaimie! It was our pleasure to install your new Carrier air conditioner. Being a 2 stage unit It'll work well with your existing zone system. Thank you again for hiring us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Furnace Replacement in Fort Saskatchewan
Furnace Replacement in Fort Saskatchewan
1 review Fort Saskatchewan, AB

Furnace System Replacement

Have you ever mistakenly stumbled on something or someone that turned out to be one of the best experiences that you could have? That happened to me when I mistakenly called Blake at Excel Heating & Air Conditioning. I was looking for a second quote on a Carrier furnace product that had been recommended by another contractor. Blake took the time to explain in detail the differences between the furnace line that he sells and the one that the other contractor had quoted me on. Armed with this new information, I asked Blake to give me a quote on his products. Blake also came out to the house to see the scope of the job and to gather the information he needed to do an HVAC load calculation for our house. He also made suggestions to correct incorrect work done by other contractors for a different piece of equipment in our house. Blake was patient, helpful, friendly and professional so I decided to purchase from him. Within a week, Blake and Matt came to the house and replaced our old furnace. I can not say enough about the quality and meticulous precision and neatness of the job Blake and Matt did. The whole job looks flawless to me. All of the new equipment and controls were explained to me in detail. Blake even spent extra time checking out my existing air conditioner. I would highly recommend Blake and Matt at Excel Heating & Air Conditioning to anyone considering replacing or repairing any part of their HVAC system. I’m certainly glad I chose them.

Thank you so much for this great review, we're very glad you chose us too! We're sure you'll find your new Carrier modulating furnace and air purifier will keep you more comfortable than ever and serve you well for many years to come. Thanks again for hiring us! We look forward to seeing you again.

Gary in Edmonton
Gary in Edmonton

Winter in Edmonton heating solution

After coming to an understanding that our 29 yr old Bryant furnace was in need of repairs or replacement I did a little internet research. We saw that Excel Heating was an authorized Carrier dealer and very highly rated to repair or install a Carrier furnace. Bryant and Carrier are related so I decided to stay with the proven. When I called Blake at Excel, Matt arrived the same day to evaluate the needs. Ours could be repaired but it had already lived beyond average expectations. Blake explained the options and I decided to get the Carrier model 59TP6A060E17--14 installed. Excel was right on their total cost estimate. We love the furnace and because it is a 2 stage furnace our comfort zone is consistent. Thanks Excel. You certainly live up to your name.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us Gary, much appreciated! We're glad to hear you're happy with your new furnace and our service. It was a pleasure for us to work for you and look forward to seeing you again!

Noreen in Toronto
Noreen in Toronto

Excellent Work on a Complex Situation

I called Blake because I had a problem with the heating ducts in the basement suite of my duplex. They were under the floor and had become compromised by groundwater. I needed a company to move all of the ductwork to the ceilings. My initial meeting with Blake showed me that he knows his stuff and that he can problem solve. It wasn't a simple job by any means. At the same time, they also replaced both furnaces. The work was done in a timely manner with excellent communication throughout. I recommend Blake and Matt without hesitation. If I ever need heating or air conditioning work done, the first call I will make is to them.

Thank you Noreen for your comments and taking the time write a review for us! The end result turned out pretty good after some uncertainty at the first site meeting. We're glad you're happy with the outcome and look forward to serving you again. Cheers!

Catherine in Sherwood Park
Catherine in Sherwood Park
1 review Sherwood Park, AB

Furnace replacement

The furnace in my home was nearly 30 yrs old, and needed replacement. Last winter, Excel did a maintenance check and advised that it might not last another winter. Blake was very knowledgeable and thorough in his estimate and explanation of the work required when he came to estimate the job. The work done was of a very high standard - Blake and Matt did an excellent job in a timely fashion and left the space so clean and tidy.
I am extremely satisfied with the work done, and would highly recommend this company for anyone looking for home heating service or a furnace replacement. This was very professional, reasonable and careful work, not so often found these days. What a refreshing change to have a new and quieter furnace ready to meet the needs of our cold winters. My new furnace just can't compare to the old and it proved itself during the recent cold snap.
Thanks Excel!

Thank you for sending in this wonderful review Catherine! We're so glad you're happy with your new Carrier furnace and the installation. Thanks again for hiring us! We see you again soon...

More about Excel Heating and Air Conditioning

Proud to be the Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer for Edmonton. Since 2007 Excel has been offering expert residential HVAC installations and service in Edmonton. Specializing in designing, installing and servicing Carrier brand residential furnaces and air conditioning systems including Carrier's Infinity zone systems, air purifiers and humidifiers. The owner, Blake Livingston is an HVAC professional who is devoted to his customer's comfort & understanding of how their system works. "Complete customer satisfaction is all that matters" Blake, earned a Journeyman Sheet Metal Mechanic ticket way back in 1989 and was the top of he class all 4 years of his technical training at NAIT. If you are looking for a new furnace, air conditioner or just a routine check up on your Carrier HVAC system, Call Excel Heating and Air Conditioning for expert service.