Excel Heating And Air Conditioning

16551 75 St NW Edmonton AB T5Z 3R1
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Edmonton  >  Excel Heating And Air Conditioning

Reviews for Excel Heating And Air Conditioning

BruceS in St. Albert
BruceS in St. Albert
0 reviews St. Albert, AB

New furnace and AC installation

i selected Blake after having a number of recommendations and checking another company. Blake and his helper were very professional and competent in the removal of the old furnace and installation of the new unit along with adding a new air conditioner. The install was done on time as quoted and it is much quieter than the old furnace. The AC will have to wait for warmer weather to work but all the installation was completed. I would have no qualms about recommending this company and Blake to anyone.

Thank you for this review Bruce! I'm glad you're happy with the system and our service. It was a pleasure to work for you and I look forward to seeing you again!

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Excellent service twice

We just had two carrier high efficiency furnaces tuned up. Blair was calm and professional on the phone. He was on time and the same approach in person, calm/knowledgeable and professional. He explained things as needed. Blake was very thorough he check air flow inside to maximize it and tested the air compression outside.

I further asked Blake to take a look at our two humidifiers. I knew we needed to clean them and needed new filters, which was my next task to tackle. He commented that there was excessive wiring, messy install by someone else/initial install. He offered to clean up the wiring for us and did so reasonable price. He explained how to the take them apart for cleaning, and properly reinstall. Very nice of Blake to do. He also told me we did not need our ceiling mounted unit controls because our thermostat could control them. He simply needed to add a new wire to each thermostat and did.Wow...That was a first, a service provider told us we could do that. Maybe some would call this above and beyond. I was impressed and happy to know so. Blake showed be on our Carrier thermostat. We are not techies. So start to finish it was a great service call. I was thrilled with the service work completed and the pricing for
all that was accomplished.

**We also had our air conditioning unit repaired more than 1 1/2 years ago by Matt at Excel. He was also a high quality representative of Excel. He was polite, on time and did not do any upselling of the job. He was quick and efficient. We were surprised it was just a minor repair needed as we were dreading a big bill.

**Goes to show from past service providers they all don't know what they are doing, but claim to be authorized specialist. We can not say enough good things about Blake & Excel as a company. Thank you.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! I glad you're happy with our service and look forward to serving you again.

Not Happy! in Edmonton
Not Happy! in Edmonton

Horrible service

No Stars!

I paid close to $10,000 for a new furnace and air conditioner which was installed in July 2016. The installation seemed to go fine.

However in January 2018, in -30 degree weather the furnace stopped working. Blake was called and he was in my house for maybe 20 minutes. As he is leaving he says that if it happens again he can do something else. What is that supposed to mean? I was terrified to leave my house in case it happened again. Well is did! Late February or early March it stopped working again. Same problem, one long flash and three short flashes. It was the pressure gauge. I called Excel's office and Blake was on vacation so Matt came to my house. He replaced the pressure gauge. He explained that sometimes the moisture builds up in them. I said I though that is what Blake did. He said no, he just drilled a hole in it to release the moisture. So I thought the problem was fixed.

In July, of 2018, my air conditioner stopped working. Blake came over and was here 20 minutes and changed a part that was all black as it had caught fire. He charged me $262.50 for this.

The past Wednesday, my furnace again stopped working. I had maybe turned it on for about a week. Blake was called and was extremely rude. He could not come till after supper. When I asked about the cost and if it would cost me like the air conditioner he said, he can not do a back and forth on the phone.

I phoned somewhere that people recommended. They came over right away. They said it is the pressure gauge as it has too much water in the unit. He then looked and showed me that my furnace was installed level with the floor. I guess, this is not right as it is to be slanted a 1/2" for proper drainage. He got his tools raised the furnace and put metal wedges under it and the water just poured out. He then changed the drainage system to what it to be according to proper installation. Furnace was fixed! Cost was $150.00.

I called Blake to let him know that I got someone else and he did not need to come over and I got the words out, he said the problem was... And Blake hung up on me! Talk about unprofessional!

Thank you Lynn for writing this review, as it will help us moving forward. I will clear a few things up though. The first time we were out to fix the furnace it wasn't working due to water in the pressure switch tube port. Carrier's tech support came out with a protocol to rectify this problem. We performed the protocol and it fixed the problem, as it usually does as we've seen with other furnaces like yours. This code 31 error can happen for multiple reasons so we gave you a heads up that if this same code reoccurs then there are a couple of parts that could be at fault, but for now the furnace is operating properly. The next time we were out the problem was different, a failed pressure switch, not water in the pressure switch (water can't get into the pressure switch). Pressure switches can fail for no reason. We replaced it and the furnace was fixed. Both service calls were performed free of charge - Beyond the 1 year labor warranty. When we came out to repair the air conditioner, the contactor failed, it shorted, it didn't catch fire. A couple of wires were burnt and we repaired them and replaced the contactor. $150 Dispatch and Diagnostic + $100 to repair the AC unit and claim warranty on the part + GST. Not outrageous. This last time you called regarding the furnace you were upset that you'd have to wait until the end of the day for service, I explained that I had a whole day booked on the south side, I'm not in your area and that when I was done, then I can come and see you and we booked the appointment. You asked about the cost and I explained that I don't know what the problem is until I get there, if its the same problem then the cost is nothing, but you wanted to know what the cost is and I told you that I don't know and that I'm not going to sit on the phone going back and forth on this. (My view is either you want the service call or you don't) Then you called back later to tell me that you called someone else to fix the furnace. You said they replaced the pressure switch, OK great I thought! Then you proceeded to tell me that your service guy said the furnace wasn't installed properly and it not drained right etc... and yes I hung up because in my mind there was nothing I could have said to make you happy. I apologize for that here. However let me explain something, Carrier's guideline states that the furnace should be sloped from the back to the front MIN 1/4" - MAX 1/2". NOTE: That if a furnace is sitting on a floor and not shimmed up it doesn't mean its level. It could be sloped backwards or forwards or sideways. Some furnaces are not shimmed while some are shimmed 1" so we can our 1/4-1/2" slope. Our furnaces are ALWAYS sloped forward and drained and vented properly to avoid any problems. and yes if your service guy lifted up the back of the furnace more water would drain out - no kidding. But all of this has no bearing on whether the pressure switch will fail or not. So in the end, your pressure switch failed again (Not the first time I've seen this) and I would have replaced it for free, but you chose to hire someone else which is fine with me. I hope you've got a good pressure switch this time. I wish you well. Blake.

Bernadette Quemerais in Toronto

16551 75 St NW
Edmonton
AB
T5Z 3R1

When I had to change my furnace, Blake was recommended to me. He came only few days after I called him for an estimate. Took the time to calculate properly the needs for the house and explain all the options very clearly to me. He did no try to sell me anything I did not need. He came to install the furnace two weeks later and they did a great job. I am very happy with my new system and with the customer service.

Bernadette, thank you for writing a review for us! It was pleasure to install your new furnace and accessories. I'm glad you're happy with the installation and look forward to serving you again. All the best!

Huan in Edmonton
Huan in Edmonton

New A/C Unit

We went with Excel for a new AC Unit in our home early this summer.

Blake proposed an option that really worked for our 2-storey home. None of the other companies we reached out for quotes had the same technical advice and expertise that Blake had.

The common problem with cooling 2-storey homes is that the main floor cools but the second level remains warm. However, with Blake’s solution, we have a system that cools all levels of our home.

Thanks again Blake and team!

Thank you for submitting a review for us Huan! We're glad you're happy with your new Carrier AC system and our service. Thanks again for hiring us it was a pleasure to work for you.

------- in Edmonton
------- in Edmonton

Furnace, Hot water tank installation

July 2018
Blake,
You made a positive impression the day you provided an estimate to install a new furnace and hot water tank.
Your knowledge, skill and thoroughness put me at ease and I felt comfortable choosing Excel Heating to do the job.
The water pressure with the new tank is wonderful, and I trust when it's time to heat the house, the new furnace will provide wonderful warmth and comfort.
Thank you for providing such great service! I would not hesitate to recommend you and Excel to friends.
Lesia Boyko - Edmonton

Thank you Lesia for taking the time to write a review and thank you for hiring us. It was a pleasure to work for you and I look forward to seeing you again!

Sweetair  in Edmonton
Sweetair in Edmonton

Install an electric furnace

Blake is extremely professional and interested in helping one find the furnace that fits their needs. He went above and beyond getting us what we wanted. Many others back away when I asked for an electric furnace because they didn't know how to source or install. They insist it would be too expensive to run, and did not treat me with respect. Blake took the time to understand the whole project. He already had the experience too!

Thank you so much for sending in a review! I was happy to help out with your project. I hope the rest goes well! Thanks again for hiring me.

Paul in Edmonton
Paul in Edmonton

AC install

I would highly recommend Excel! Blake is very knowledgeable and experienced. When I called Blake for a quote, he got one out to me right away. The quote was well put together, he gave us a few different units and detail on each unit (which most other companies will not do). When it came to the install, Blake and Matt's work was flawless and very clean. We are very happy with the customer service you provided. Thank you very much for making it easy for us to choose a great company!

Thank you for taking the time to send in a review Paul! It was our pleasure to install your new Carrier Infinity AC system. Thanks again for hiring us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Air conditioning installation

This was a positive experience. My plumber recommended Excel Heating and AC to me. Excel stopped by for a look at my home and left me with several quotes. No pressure by Excel. Shortly after I made an appointment for installation of an air conditioner. I received a quote for the time and date and the final cost by me. I received a call the evening prior to installation date to confirm time of arrival. Excel arrived on time the next day and installed the AC unit and then removed any debris caused them them. After installation Excel walked me through the steps of what they did. Finally I was given a sheet of maintenance and tips that I needed to do going forward. Excel was very professional. I would highly recommend them.

Thank you so much for sending in a review and sharing your experience. We're so glad to hear that you're happy with our service and look forward to serving you again. Cheers!

Helen in Edmonton
Helen in Edmonton

Air conditioning - quote & installation

As a first time air conditioning buyer, I was not really sure what kind of unit I was looking for or how much I was going to have to pay. I contacted 6 different companies and only 3 of them returned my phone call and was able to provide me with a quote.

Blake answered when I called Excel heating and he was able to accommodate me 2 days later to provide me with a quote. After I made my decision to go with a Carrier AC with Excel Heating, the unit was installed a week later.

Matt came the first day and did everything he could on the inside of the house as it was raining pretty hard and they could not acually instal the unit. Matt & Blake came back the next day and finished everything up. They cleaned up everything on the inside and the outside and other than leaving a 1.5 ton AC unit, you wouldn’t even know they were there.

The one thing I would recommend is getting clarification on the seer vs the energy efficiency you are looking for. This made all the difference for me when selecting the right AC unit.

Thank you very much for submitting a review for us Helen! I'm glad you're happy with our service and it was a pleasure to install your AC system for you (just in time this heat!). Thanks again for hiring us.

More about Excel Heating And Air Conditioning

Proud to be the Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer for Edmonton. Since 2007 Excel has been offering expert residential HVAC installations and service in Edmonton. Specializing in designing, installing and servicing Carrier brand residential furnaces and air conditioning systems including Carrier's Infinity zone systems, air purifiers and humidifiers. The owner, Blake Livingston is an HVAC professional who is devoted to his customer's comfort & understanding of how their system works. "Complete customer satisfaction is all that matters" Blake, earned a Journeyman Sheet Metal Mechanic ticket way back in 1989 and was the top of he class all 4 years of his technical training at NAIT. If you are looking for a new furnace, air conditioner or just a routine check up on your Carrier HVAC system, Call Excel Heating and Air Conditioning for expert service.