Excel Heating And Air Conditioning

16551 75 St NW Edmonton AB T5Z 3R1
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Edmonton  >  Excel Heating And Air Conditioning

Reviews for Excel Heating And Air Conditioning

------- in Edmonton
------- in Edmonton

Furnace, Hot water tank installation

July 2018
Blake,
You made a positive impression the day you provided an estimate to install a new furnace and hot water tank.
Your knowledge, skill and thoroughness put me at ease and I felt comfortable choosing Excel Heating to do the job.
The water pressure with the new tank is wonderful, and I trust when it's time to heat the house, the new furnace will provide wonderful warmth and comfort.
Thank you for providing such great service! I would not hesitate to recommend you and Excel to friends.
Lesia Boyko - Edmonton

Thank you Lesia for taking the time to write a review and thank you for hiring us. It was a pleasure to work for you and I look forward to seeing you again!

Sweetair  in Edmonton
Sweetair in Edmonton

Install an electric furnace

Blake is extremely professional and interested in helping one find the furnace that fits their needs. He went above and beyond getting us what we wanted. Many others back away when I asked for an electric furnace because they didn't know how to source or install. They insist it would be too expensive to run, and did not treat me with respect. Blake took the time to understand the whole project. He already had the experience too!

Thank you so much for sending in a review! I was happy to help out with your project. I hope the rest goes well! Thanks again for hiring me.

Paul in Edmonton
Paul in Edmonton

AC install

I would highly recommend Excel! Blake is very knowledgeable and experienced. When I called Blake for a quote, he got one out to me right away. The quote was well put together, he gave us a few different units and detail on each unit (which most other companies will not do). When it came to the install, Blake and Matt's work was flawless and very clean. We are very happy with the customer service you provided. Thank you very much for making it easy for us to choose a great company!

Thank you for taking the time to send in a review Paul! It was our pleasure to install your new Carrier Infinity AC system. Thanks again for hiring us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Air conditioning installation

This was a positive experience. My plumber recommended Excel Heating and AC to me. Excel stopped by for a look at my home and left me with several quotes. No pressure by Excel. Shortly after I made an appointment for installation of an air conditioner. I received a quote for the time and date and the final cost by me. I received a call the evening prior to installation date to confirm time of arrival. Excel arrived on time the next day and installed the AC unit and then removed any debris caused them them. After installation Excel walked me through the steps of what they did. Finally I was given a sheet of maintenance and tips that I needed to do going forward. Excel was very professional. I would highly recommend them.

Thank you so much for sending in a review and sharing your experience. We're so glad to hear that you're happy with our service and look forward to serving you again. Cheers!

Helen in Edmonton
Helen in Edmonton

Air conditioning - quote & installation

As a first time air conditioning buyer, I was not really sure what kind of unit I was looking for or how much I was going to have to pay. I contacted 6 different companies and only 3 of them returned my phone call and was able to provide me with a quote.

Blake answered when I called Excel heating and he was able to accommodate me 2 days later to provide me with a quote. After I made my decision to go with a Carrier AC with Excel Heating, the unit was installed a week later.

Matt came the first day and did everything he could on the inside of the house as it was raining pretty hard and they could not acually instal the unit. Matt & Blake came back the next day and finished everything up. They cleaned up everything on the inside and the outside and other than leaving a 1.5 ton AC unit, you wouldn’t even know they were there.

The one thing I would recommend is getting clarification on the seer vs the energy efficiency you are looking for. This made all the difference for me when selecting the right AC unit.

Thank you very much for submitting a review for us Helen! I'm glad you're happy with our service and it was a pleasure to install your AC system for you (just in time this heat!). Thanks again for hiring us.

Fidelma in Edmonton
Fidelma in Edmonton

AC Install

Excellent service from start to finish. Blake responded promptly to my request for a quote and any follow-up questions i had before confirming I wanted to proceed with the installation. He made it very clear what the price would be (no revisions to cost during the project) and clarified the equipment specs etc.. confirmed the proposal after a site visit. Provided and estimated installation date and stuck to his word. He had our system installed just before the May long weekend and a predicted heat wave. The system works so well that we didnt realize how warm it was until we ventured outside. Ours is a 2 story home which can be difficult to cool but our systems works very effectively and we can feel the difference at night too. A better nights sleep means a happier day for all (stay at home dad with 2 toddlers running around). Blake didn't oversize our system and we are very impressed at how quietly the system runs. The installation was seamless. Blake and Matt were very professional, clean, tidy and did an excellent job. They we're done within the time slot they proposed and left the worksite as found. We feel that this project has increased the value of our home and improved our quality of life greatly. Blake took care of registering our system right away and our system passed the City inspection very easily. Before leaving Blake gave us a cover for our system. We did a walk through of the system and he explained general maintenance of the system. Thanks Blake and Matt for a job well done and being true to your word. Its hard these days to get a quality job for a fair price and Excel Heating exceeded our expectations. I will most definately be recommending this company to others.

Thank you Fidelma for this great review! It was a pleasure for us to install you new Carrier Infinity AC system. I'm sure it will give you years and years of comfort. Thanks again for hiring us. We look forward to serving you again!

Paul K in Edmonton
Paul K in Edmonton

A/C Install

Excel was recommended to me by a friend who had his A/C installed last year. Blake was able to quickly come by to provide a quote; His pricing was in the ballpark of others I had obtained but he was the only one who didn’t try to up-sell me on something way too large for my place. There was a minor hiccup with delivery of the unit its self which was out of his control, but he made sure to communicate with me what he knew as he received the information. I would absolutely recommend Excel Heating and Air Conditioning to anyone.

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review for us Paul! And thanks again for hiring us it was a pleasure doing work for you!

AC for Summer

After some difficulties with our Carrier furnace we decided to get in touch with a Carrier specialist--Excel, we were so impressed with the professionalism of our tech, Blake we wound up buying a Carrier AC unit from this company. Matt and Blake did a fine job which was as scheduled and as quoted. Bottom line, would I refer them to a friend--by all means. Thanks

Thank you for sending in this review! We're glad that you're happy with our service. Thanks again for hiring us!

curt389 in Edmonton
curt389 in Edmonton
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Skilled Professional, AC Fixed, Happy Customer

The technician who came was Blake Livingston. He was polite, knowledgeable and quickly diagnosed the issue and answered my questions helpfully as he worked. He clearly understood AC units very well and had terrific tools.

The problem turned out to be that the high pressure switch tripped. He found the red reset button inside the outside unit and pressed it and that fixed the problem. One of the common reasons they trip is if the unit is not sprayed down annually and the temperature gets hot eg >35C. It sounds like a less common problem to have.

It took about 20 minutes and required no replacement parts so my only complaint is that $157.50 seemed a bit pricey. But not entirely unreasonable for professional service.

Beforehand, I watched a couple AC-repair youtube videos and read my AC manual. I could not easily figure it out. I checked the basic things - the thermostat seemed fine, was set to activate the AC and the breaker hadn't tripped.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Much appreciated!

Jaime in Edmonton
Jaime in Edmonton

AC Installation

In preparation for a hot summer I studied the type of AC I would need and read the reviews of installers online. I invited the top 4 to do an assessment of my place. Blake was the only one who didn’t upsell a more powerful unit and validated what I already researched. He was also the only one who was confident about placing a unit in a spot that had a narrow entrance by hoisting it over the fence instead of dismantling the fence. Him and Matt were able to do it. I can verify with the other reviews that their work was methodical, efficient, and clean. Blake and Matt are very professional and well-coordinated. They arrived on time and finished when they said they would without experiencing any complications.

Thank you so much for this review Jaimie! It was our pleasure to install your new Carrier air conditioner. Being a 2 stage unit It'll work well with your existing zone system. Thank you again for hiring us and we look forward to seeing you again!

More about Excel Heating And Air Conditioning

Proud to be the Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer for Edmonton. Since 2007 Excel has been offering expert residential HVAC installations and service in Edmonton. Specializing in designing, installing and servicing Carrier brand residential furnaces and air conditioning systems including Carrier's Infinity zone systems, air purifiers and humidifiers. The owner, Blake Livingston is an HVAC professional who is devoted to his customer's comfort & understanding of how their system works. "Complete customer satisfaction is all that matters" Blake, earned a Journeyman Sheet Metal Mechanic ticket way back in 1989 and was the top of he class all 4 years of his technical training at NAIT. If you are looking for a new furnace, air conditioner or just a routine check up on your Carrier HVAC system, Call Excel Heating and Air Conditioning for expert service.