Garden Maintenance
Garden Maintenance

Reviews for Greely Sand & Gravel

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Shameful and misleading

These are the words to describe my experience with Greely Sand and Gravel. It is a constant challenge as a young woman and first time home owner to be treated with dignity and respect in many of the traditionally male dominated areas, such as trying to order construction materials. When turning to a website to order construction materials I would like to trust that a company's website is honest and accurate. Greely Sand and Gravel's website contained incorrect product information which lead to a misinformed purchase. When contacted and confronted about the wrong information contained on their website, instead of acknowledging their website was incorrect and treating me with dignity and respect Greely Sand and Gravel adamantly denied any misinformation and refused to honor the integrity of their product without charging an exorbitant fee. What makes this entire situation even more shameful is that shortly after my phone conversation alerting Greely Sand and Gravel to the misinformation posted on their website for this product, within a few short minutes the description was altered; they had removed any trace of evidence of the wrong information. Clearly, Greely Sand and Gravel recognized the information on their website was wrong and misleading and that they were in the wrong. Proceed with caution if you choose to order products from this company.

Ward in Ottawa
Ward in Ottawa

Three Large Loads of Gravel

Ordered three truckloads of gravel for my driveway last summer and was very satisfied. It was delivered promptly by a courteous driver. I will be using their products/services again without any hesitation.

Thank you Ward for the kind words. I'm glad things worked out well. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Mike from Ottawa
Mike from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Sand/Gravel delivery and waste disposal

I can not say enough positive things about this service. I am a homeowner in an urban neighborhood, backyard projects are always tough because where do you put the junk after? What makes this product so great is the ease and simplicity of the whole process...

Order what you need online (the tools they have to calculate amount needed were super helpful), schedule when you want it dropped off... then just fill up the bags with your junk and they come pick it up. Couldn't be easier and more convenient if they tried.

But what makes this service head and shoulders above the rest is the customer service. I made the mistake of over-filling my disposal bag (note: consider getting an extra disposal bag, there's more waste coming out than you think!) but their customer service and delivery driver staff were so kind and helpful. I will use Greely again and would recommend to anyone looking for such a service.

The DisposaBag Waste Pick-up is a new service we offer and we continue to try to improve this service. From your feedback, we've made adjustments to our website and e-store to ensure our customers have all the information they need to get the job done right. And yes, we continue to strive to achieve top quality customer service. Thank you again for working with us and getting the job done right.

Tom from Ottawa
Tom from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

order and delivery of topsoil

Ordered 8 yards of topsoil to be split 3 (for me) and 5 (for my friend) and received 4 and 4 (paid extra $50 for delivery to the second place). Rude response from the company when I called them, told me that I ordered 4 and 4; they did not care that they made a mistake.

When soil is split between two homes, the driver estimates the quantity as it is coming out of the truck. Our driver did the best he could to ensure the split was 3 cubic yards and 5 cubic yards. The customer who received 3 cubic yards was not sure if she received 3 cubic yards. The dispatcher told the customer to go ahead and spread the soil and if she still had concern, call us back and we would look after her. In this scenario, the two homes were over 10 minute drive apart, which is not typically done. Normally we allow for sharing of a load between homes that are next door to each other, or at least on the same city block. In this case, we still tried to accommodate the customer's wishes by delivering to two homes further apart. The offer still stands if the customer has concerns of the quantity she received. We appreciate the feedback and always strive to improve.

J. Cameron from Ottawa
J. Cameron from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Delivery of mulch and topsoil

I ordered mulch and topsoil on behalf of our neighbourhood school, D. Roy Kennedy P.S. Where the company really shone was in service: I had ordered from Greely S&G before and this load of mulch seemed too coarse, especially for children at a school to handle. Within an hour of my call, the president of the company phoned me back. They had checked on their mulch supply and determined it wasn't correct, spoken with their supplier (who had accidentally used the wrong grinder), and immediately offered to pick up the mulch or provide a refund. We chose the refund and the cheque was in the mail the next day. They had also cheerfully accommodated our complicated delivery request. I was very impressed with the service provided by Mr. Gilles Laplante in particular, and would highly recommend the company.

Al Miller from Ottawa
Al Miller from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Topsoil, top dressing, compost - bagged and loose

My wife and I have been purchasing our topsoil and compost from Greely Sand & Gravel for many years. We find that, not only are their prices very competitive, but their service is exceptional, from the cheerful person answering the phone to the delivery drivers who take care to place the material where you want it, without damaging your lawn. We have recommended Greely Sand & Gravel to all of our friends and neighbours.

Don Bush from Ottawa
Don Bush from Ottawa

Delivery of topdressing soil

613-821-3003
1971 Old Prescott Road
Ottawa
K4P 1L3

I have had 2 deliveries of 2 cubic yard bags of topdressing soil over the past 8 months from Greely Sand & Gravel. Ordering by phone was a pleasant experience with a very courteous employee. Both deliveries were on time by 2 different boom truck drivers that were extremely pleasant and accommodating as to where the bags would be dropped in my backyard from the street behind my property. The soil delivered in the first 2 bags was excellent. I anticipate the 2 bags delivered yesterday will be the same.

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience, from the office staff to the drivers. We strive for a positive customer experience. And it's great to hear that the driver was able to deliver the 2 cubic yard bags in to your backyard with the boom truck. Definitely a savings of time and labour! Enjoy getting your garden and flowers growing with our Topdressing Soil!

Landscaping Projects

The guys at Greely are top notch. We have been using them for more than ten years and they are always professional and courteous. The trucks are clean and the drivers know their stuff. Greely's bin system is pretty much part of our operations, bringing soil and gravel in and excavation out in one turn-key service. I also recommend them to my clients when they need just a cubic yard of mulch to top-up their gardens, Greely delivers it in a bag so it keeps everything nice and neat.

More about Greely Sand & Gravel

Greely Sand & Gravel is one of Ottawa’s largest suppliers of mulch, sand, topsoil and stone. We have the best selection and the most delivery options available in the city. GS&G has been a family-run business since 1982 and has earned a reputation as the best landscape supplier in Eastern ...
Looking for Garden Maintenance pros in Ottawa?