Ottawa Indoor Environmental Services

Mold Detection & Removal
100 Gloucester Street, Suite 422 Ottawa ON K2P 0A4
HomeStars  >  Mold Detection & Removal in Ottawa  >  Ottawa Indoor Environmental Services

Reviews for Ottawa Indoor Environmental Services

Michel and Helen, Ottawa in Ottawa
Michel and Helen, Ottawa in Ottawa

Mold remediation situation

We found OIES to be a company that is excelent at their work and in ensuring high customer satisfaction. Julio came to our house, found and explained the mold situation very well. Their work over two days was impeccable and their attention to detail was astounding. They went over and above the call of duty and they cared! We are really satisfied customers. We highly recommend them .

Thank you Michel and Helen. It was a pleasure for our team to have had the opportunity to help you out.

Gilles from Ottawa
Gilles from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Consultation and lab analyses and report

Hello, I met Julio from the OIES Team during a crisis situation. I had been issued a stop worker order and needed a quick turnaround to obtain a Designated Substance Report (DSR). Julio was there the same evening and he carefully went over the sample collection requirements with me and went about his business. He expedited the sample lab analyses and provided his report in 48 hours. His fees were very reasonable however what impressed me the most was his kindness and professionalism. I wish I would have consulted him earlier so that he could have gone over the Ministry of Labour requirement with me at the onset of the project. Julio knows his stuff and can provide you with excellent advice on how to handle and dispose of asbestos or other substances if some are found, although in my case, it wasn't needed as I had an abatement done earlier. I highly recommend the OIES Team for your renovation projects.

Hi Giles, Thank you for the review. We are glad that we were able to provide you with such a great experience, as we always strive to provide our clients with the best possible customer service experience.

Mike in Ottawa
Mike in Ottawa

Asbestos testing for our 1950s house that needed renovations

When we bought a house that needed work, we called OIES for some testing for asbestos. They were quick to respond, and walked through the house with me to point out which materials could have asbestos and should be tested, and which were safe -- great education and peace of mind, especially since I was doing a lot of the renovations myself. They gave advice on what I could safely work on, where I should take precautions, and what needed to be dealt with by professionals. Their lab work was quick, and the prices less than other labs we had contacted. Very professional throughout. I highly recommend OIES if you have any suspicions about potential asbestos in your home.

Thank you for the great review Mike!

Winn in Ottawa
Winn in Ottawa
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Professional in Every Way!

I hired Julio as a newly built studio apartment in the basement of my house was growing mold. The mold started once we turned off the heat at the beginning of the summer. I hired Julio based on some of the reviews that I read on HomeStars as this was something totally new for me. Our appointment was booked on a timely schedule for both of us and Julio was professional in every way during the process. I appreciated the fact that Julio took the time to discuss the process and answered all of my questions. The report that Julio gave me afterwards was easy to understand and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Julio to others.

Good morning Winn, Thank you your for your great feedback, and your recommendation. We very much appreciate it.

1 review Black River Bridge, NB

House renovation

I hired Julio to test for asbestos in our 1920s house. He was very accommodating to our schedule and arrived exactly when he promised. I appreciated the advice he gave for the amount of samples to take and he did very clean work. The report was finished on the date he promised and fortunately for us, our walls were asbestos free.

Thank you for the great review.

We are proud to have provided you with a great customer service experience, and to have you inform our future clients that our testing procedures are clean and safe.

Ian in Ottawa
Ian in Ottawa

Indoor Air Quality Testing and Mold Inspection

We had a leak and found some mold in our basement, pulled back the carpet, pulled off the baseboards and removed all the visible mold to the best of our ability. We wanted to make sure that we got it all so we asked Julio to come and do an assessment including an air sample. He took the air sample and did a variety of other tests to assess the environment providing explanations along the way. The air sample came back positive with high levels of a particular type of mold. The report provided is very professional and thorough, and makes recommendations for remediation based on standards and guidelines set out by the applicable regulatory bodies. The report also cites these regulatory bodies making it a very powerful document if needed. We followed the recommendations and had the basement isolated with a barrier and then professionally cleaned. Afterwards, we had Julio come back to do a post cleaning assessment and take more air samples (one in the basement and one on the main floor) and they came back clean. Throughout this entire process Julio was patient with my high level of questioning and focus on details. He was able to answer all of my questions with enough information and explanation to satisfy my concerns, he is extremely knowledgeable and I found no inconsistencies and any of his responses. Overall, the experience was 100% positive and we are grateful to have available to us professionals like Julio and the other professionals that we found to do the cleaning.

Hi Ian,

Thank you for the great review. We always strive to provide the best possible up to date information, customer service, and pricing to our clients.

CatherineJ in Ottawa
CatherineJ in Ottawa

moldy insulation removal

In gutting my basement for renovations, I discovered moldy insulation and studs. The original plan to remove all insulation and studs was changed at the last minute when foundation contractors questioned the stability of the wall. Julio was very flexible, adjusting the work and price as the work progressed. The price was about half of other estimates for the work.

Thank you for the review Catherine.

We do our best to keep of costs down and to pass the savings on to our clients.

LH in
LH in

Testing vermiculite insulation

Best price for this testing-half of what we paid elsewhere. Provide clear info, flexible options for sampling & testing. The results came quickly yet they have high standards. Highly recommended

Thank you for your recommendation, we really appreciate it!

Gabriela
Gabriela

Inspection/Assessment

Many thanks for the services rendered when you inspected my property. As a first time home buyer I was very overwhelmed with the inspection of my property purchase, Julio was very professional and informative, consistently accessible to answer all questions and provided detailed reporting for myself and realtor to address with the previous buyer. It was very reassuring to have someone with your expertise to help make my first homeowner experience a comforting one. I am more than happy to recommend your services to family and friends.

Hi Gabriela,

Thank you for the review and the great feedback. We really appreciate and are grateful for your full recommendation; it is the greatest complement we can receive.

Mold Assessment

We were renting a house with water damage and we wanted to get the landlord to do something about it. So, we hired OIES to inspect and test the whole house. They actually found a bunch of mold and provided us with a report that was better than what we expected. Their report was really well written and the landlord had to take it seriously and let us out of the lease due to all of the mold that was there.

Thank you for the kind review. We are glad that we were able to help with your situation, and that your issue was resolved. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

The OIES team.

More about Ottawa Indoor Environmental Services

Our team at Ottawa Indoor Environmental Services strives to set the highest professional standards, because we believe that everyone deserve to live, work, and study in a healthy indoor environment.

We provide the Ottawa region with the following fully certified services:

- Mold Testing
- Mold Inspections
- IAQ Assessments
- Asbestos & Lead Testing
- Asbestos Surveys
- Hazardous Materials Inspections
- Designated Substances Reports (DSRs)

- Mould Removal Services