HomeStars  >  Floor Retailers in Concord  >  M² Flooring & Design Center

Reviews for M² Flooring & Design Center

ACORKILL in Toronto

Please be careful when dealing with Mary and Medhi at M Squared Flooring. I am not a contractor and as a result was taken to the cleaners by them. If you are a contractor, you're probably more experienced than I am, but when I showed up at their store as a home owner, I realize now they completely took advantage of me and my limited knowledge. They hid a $2700 cost that I had no choice but to pay later and also sold me 25 boxes of flooring more than I needed and now won't buy them back. Please be careful. The product is nice and I am happy with the flooring, but do all of your homework before purchasing from M Squared Flooring.

Dear Andrew

It is disheartening for us to hear such negative comments from a client that we went above and beyond for. First of all we never step foot in your project. We measured the square footage you needed from the architectural drawings you provided. The reason you were left with extra 25 boxes is because you decided after the purchase of the floors that you would install tile in the front entrance area. When we were discussing your plans you were going to carry the wood flooring throughout the entire home. You have material left over because of the change in your plans and not because we ordered extra material for you. You ordered the wood a couple of months before you needed to pick it and up and your contractor could have double checked the amount needed at any time and we would have made the necessary adjustments. You picked up the material you needed from us in full and decided to install tile instead of the flooring later on. Had you communicated that intention to us earlier we could have returned the extra material to the manufacturer.

Our company's return policy is to accept returns within 28 days of the material being picked up. This is not our policy but that of all of the manufacturers we work with. They will not accept anything that has been out of our care for more than 28 days since they don't know how the material was kept and they cannot honour any warranties on that material. When you requested to return the material you were outside of this 28 day return period by a couple of months! Not even a couple of weeks so we could do something about it.

The $2700 you are referring to is the cost of creating custom nosing for your project. You needed the nosing for the staircase. This was an unavoidable expense for you and we had discussed this when you were with me. I told you you will need nosing for the stairs and at that time you said your contractor had that covered. When we got closer to the install date, you informed us that you needed nosing and we made 7.5" custom stair nosing for you to match your floors exactly. We didn't give you raw nosing to stain and not be able to match your floors, or the regular 4" nosing to go next to your 7.5" plank. I am sure you will love the look of the custom nosing against your floors for many years to come.

We do our best for all of our clients and we educate them with all the information they need to do their job right. I am sure you will agree that the quality of the floors and nosing you got from us is beyond compromise and you will enjoy it for many years to come in happiness and health. We are sorry that you were dissatisfied in the end. Yet we assure you we have done our best for you and will continue to do so for every client after you.

We thank you for your business.

M Squared Flooring & Design Centre

Melissa in Toronto

Incredible service. So easy to work with and super knowledgeable.
Always responding to emails and answering my annoying questions.
I would recommend M2 flooring to anyone. They even took care of my children when I was indecisively trying to choose floor.

Thank you for the kind words Melissa! None of your questions were at all annoying :) It was our pleasure helping you choose your flooring and we are happy to hear you were pleased with your experience.

Jordan from Caledon
2 reviews Caledon, ON

They are awesome! I needed laminate flooring for my basement. Mehdi showed me through all the different laminates that they carried and discussed the pros and cons with me. We finally settled on a stunning Torlys product. His installer did a great job. Mehdi followed up personally with some baseboard help as well. I'd recommend them to anyone!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We truly value our clients, and their opinions, it means the world to know we could be part if the success of your project!

This renovation was slightly costly, but the product and the end result was just superb. Our 1000+ square foot condo was finished in just 3 1/2 days! The workers who were laying the flooring did a great job. I have recommended M2 Flooring to other people because of their attention to detail.

You invested in a high quality product and the results show! Thank you for your kind words, we look forward to delivering the same level of service to your referrals.

Manuela from Toronto

We went to M2 to buy and install our new engineered hardwood floors and are very glad we did. Mary and Mehdi were both very helpful and knowledgeable about all their products. They helped us choose both colour and type of wood, offered all the pros and cons to each different brand and type of flooring, and ensured we would have everything done on our tight schedule. We chose Mercier for their quality and because they're a Canadian product, and they were definitely the right choice. Rudy, the installer, was fantastic and did beautiful work. When a an issue arose (not with his work, but something beyond his control) he came back in and stayed with us to ensure that we were 100% satisfied with the finished product. He offered all the options available as well as his expertise regarding what would look best in the end. We are very pleased with his work, with our beautiful new floors, and with our entire experience with M2. Their determination to ensure our satisfaction and the great quality of their products and work are why I will recommend them to friends and family.

More about M² Flooring & Design Center

M² Flooring & Design Center is a full service flooring company. We will guide you through every step from design to implementation. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will provide you with all the information you need in order to make a well-informed decision for your flooring, and our expert installation ...