M² Flooring & Design Center

Bradley in Richmond Hill
Bradley in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

New Hardwood

I usually don’t do reviews but I just loved the customer service at M2 Flooring. I walked in the door not knowing what a wanted. I was greeted by Mehdi. He pulled it together for me. Then I was surprised he even came to help measure. The installers arrived on a Friday and worked all day from removing my old carpet, moving my furniture and installing the new. I was in love with my choice. Thought that was it. I was a happy customer. Received a call on Monday from M2 Flooring requesting to come out for final inspection. I was beyond impressed. Customer service was amazing . Highly recommend them. Will be using them for my future flooring needs.

Rosana in
Rosana in

Bad installation

Installation wasn’t done as we were promised. Lots of damages to our doors and walls. The installers didn’t have clear instructions , we had to constantly supervise them and still things were not dine 100% right. Medhi apologized, but nothing got fixed

Dear Rosana

We don't seem to be able to find your name or your project in our database. would you be able to tell us which name the contract was made under? We would like to conduct an internal review of what has gone wrong in order to be able to respond to your complaints in a constructive manner. We do take the utmost care in our client's homes and we do many high quality installations each and every week. In fact our work as been featured on season 2 HGTV's Save my Reno. Therefore, as confident as we are about the quality of our work, exceptions do happen on site and we would like to investigate this specific occurrence to ensure that we are delivering the best service consistently as we move forward. Your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Management at M Squared Flooring & Design Centre

Kristina
Kristina
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

Great product, not the greatest communication

We went with M2 because we loved the look of their product (we still love the look of it). However, they almost delayed our project with various miscommunications and delivery issues. We also were not too impressed with the cost of the nosings. The hardwood for our entire first floor was $7000 and nosings for 14 feet were priced at $680.

At any rate, the product did arrive just in the nick of time, and the quality is superb and we are really happy with the look and feel of it. Our contractor did an amazing job on the install. I just wish getting to the final output was a little easier.

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your honest feedback.

We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with your floor quality, look and selection we have at our main location in Vaughan. As for the miscommunication, we apologize for any delay you may have experienced. We work hard to ensure that every experience with us is 5-star and work with our suppliers to ensure a smooth ordering process for you. We will definitely take this review under consideration or training and quality purposes.

Again, we want to thank you for your review and choosing us for your home and again, happy that your product was superb and you love the look.

Thanks!

The M Squared Team

Big Al
Big Al

Working with owner to resolve my issues

I'm working with the owner of the business to resolve some noise issues. Thankfully he's working on repairing a few problems that started from the installation a few years go.

Review has 1 previous version

Mr Ahi
Most of the claims you have made in this review are either at best inaccurate or at worst just plainly false. Mehdi (the man you refer to as this man) has gone above and beyond for you on more than one occasion, and all he has gotten in return is name calling and disrespect from you. Our installers are absolutely professional teams and we do over 300 installations per year. Since you are the only client who has not been satisfied no matter what measures we have taken, I would suggest the issue is more related to you than our company.
As you mention in your statement you were always aware of the issue of the flooring squeaks. You are also aware of all the measures we took to remedy the structural issue. We even spent two weeks after the installation was completed to screw in the joists from below. This is outside the scope of our work. We never charged you for this work, but did it out of concern for the quality of the final product that we were delivering to you.
We acknowledged the issue of the material and subfloor making the noises you mentioned. We suggested to create a claim with the manufacturer (Kentwood) and you refused the offer. If your floors are bubbling and delaminating this is due to the lack of humidity in your home which is an improper maintenance after installation. We took your concerns to Kentwood (Not Mercier Wood Flooring as you have suggested) and they did not stand behind their product. We then promptly closed our account with Kentwood and are no longer doing business with a company that does not stand behind their product. They have been removed from our showroom and website. In fact we first showed you the Mercier material which was of superior quality and you refused to purchase from Mercier because all you cared about what price point and you chose a Kentwood floor not a Mercier one.
Mehdi not only promised to take care of your issue (which are structurally related or product related due to improper maintenance) but he also followed through. He brought in a separate company to inject glue beneath the hardwood floors and you were supposed to sign an agreement indemnifying us after the work was completed. You never signed this document and told Mehdi after it was done that you never had any intention of signing that document. In fact, we have done exactly what we have told you we would do every step of the way and you are the one who has always negotiated in bad faith.
The reason the other person was not paid in full is because he did not do the job in full. He did a small test area and he was supposed to be paid once we got your full satisfaction, which to this day is not forthcoming. We paid for that service above and beyond your contract. the terms of this agreement are between M Squared and the sub contractor. We are not obliged to explain ourselves to any third party. We then sent one of our installers for an additional two weeks to nail the floors from the top (as per your specific request and against our best judgements). Again, you were not charged for this and again you were supposed to indemnify us after this work was completed, which you never did. Your project has cost us over $15,000 to date to try to remedy. Mehdi never once left you without a response if you contacted him. He even came to your home and offered you free flooring to replace the floors on the second floor. You again refused to sign a document to indemnity us, saying that you were not making a claim, while all the while making a claim.
The subfloor that was installed in your home was an OSB plywood which is 100% approved by the OBC to be used as flooring subfloor. You DID NOT want to pay more for the quality plywood material. Everything we installed was as per your specifications.
Lastly you speak of karma. We believe in Karma very much as a team at M Squared and we make sure to always do our best for our clients because we want the good karma back. We leave it to Karma to judge us on our actions.

May191 in Toronto
May191 in Toronto

High Quality work with attention to detail.

My wife and I had a hard time finding anyone to brogues herringbone floors.

M Squared had a great combination of materials, selection, and brands... but also had a good design sense.

They helped us devise a layout, and the installer was very patient and did amazing work.

Hello,

Thank you for the review and pictures. We appreciate your feedback and sharing your experience. Happy to help and glad to hear you are thrilled with the results.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Bedroom renovation

I was very impressed with the quality and service I received from M2. We wanted to renovate our 3 bedrooms and as part of that replace carpets with hardwood floors.
Coming to M2 we found a friendly and calm environment and were able to find the perfect flooring. Mehdi was very knowledgeable about all their products helping us make a great choice and answering all our questions.
He thoroughly walked us through the purchase and installation process giving us the confidence that M2 is the right company to do business with.
We chose to go with Mercier Madera white oak 4 1/4 hardwood floors and had them installed in January 2018. The installation process was very smooth and quick and Mehdi was able to
accommodate our renovation schedule giving us time to finish our master bedroom before the rest of the bedroom floorings was replaced.
I would definitely recomend M2 as a place where you could do business with confidence.

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback, comments and details.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Amazing personal service

My husband and I were looking for hardwood flooring for the main level of our home. I had a specific look in mind and I did not want to change my mind. I had searched high and low by the time we found M Squared Flooring on Steeles. We met with Mary on the first day and she was so well informed about everything having to do with hardwood flooring. I was considering to do a herringbone in one area and she explained how we could accomplish that look.
She walked me through all the possible options and we finally settled on the 6 1/2" Hard Maple Element from Mercier. She helped us customize our floors exactly how I wanted it. Then Michelle and Mary were in touch with me as the floors were produced, delivered to them and then delivered to our home. Mary made sure to tell us about the proper conditions in our home before the flooring was brought it.

I really appreciate her patience and honesty and the time she took to show me all the options and she made sure that we had all the necessary information before we made a purchase. I could not be happier with the final results. I highly recommend M Squared if you have a flooring project.

Melissa in Toronto
Melissa in Toronto

Main floor renovation

Incredible service. So easy to work with and super knowledgeable.
Always responding to emails and answering my annoying questions.
I would recommend M2 flooring to anyone. They even took care of my children when I was indecisively trying to choose floor.

Thank you for the kind words Melissa! None of your questions were at all annoying :) It was our pleasure helping you choose your flooring and we are happy to hear you were pleased with your experience.

Jordan from Caledon
Jordan from Caledon
2 reviews Caledon, ON

Laminate purchase and install

They are awesome! I needed laminate flooring for my basement. Mehdi showed me through all the different laminates that they carried and discussed the pros and cons with me. We finally settled on a stunning Torlys product. His installer did a great job. Mehdi followed up personally with some baseboard help as well. I'd recommend them to anyone!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We truly value our clients, and their opinions, it means the world to know we could be part if the success of your project!

More about M² Flooring & Design Center

M² Flooring & Design Center is a full service flooring company. We will guide you through every step from design to implementation. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will provide you with all the information you need in order to make a well-informed decision for your flooring, and our expert installation ...
Looking for Floor Retailers pros in Concord?