Floor Retailers
M² Flooring & Design Center

Reviews for M² Flooring & Design Center

Big Al
Big Al

Nightmare company, and even worse owner

I originally posted the review, then the owner reached out to me to come up with a solution, so I took the review down and he wasted another 2 weeks of my life, and is now threatening to sue me for "defamation of character". That's how this person chooses to "resolve" things. I can't wait to get my lawsuit letters because then all of this will become public record.

This man and company ruined our home, and our lives. We endured a nightmare with him, and his inexperienced team of installers . His installers damaged every wall in our house, our custom front doors, vanities and the stucco outside.

We replaced our hardwood because it was ugly. We had a solid and quiet floor otherwise.

During installation we noticed the noisy floor, and would constantly bring it up . It wasn't only in an area or two, were talking every step you take, you hear snapping, crackling, and popping . Other parts of the floor are raising up, bubbling. He blamed it on the hardwood and assured me the warranty would take care of it. Well it didn't, Mercier didn't want anything to do with our home, or Mehdi. Mehdi kept blaming the flooring company, and vowed to never use them again as this is how they are. All the while promising to take care of our issue.

Well he tried to fix our issue. He hired a company who injected glue into your floor. They came and did a section, it worked a bit, half reduction in noise. But Mehdi never paid that company the full billl, so I cannot even use them for warranty. The owner of that company told me how Mehdi treated him, and I wasn't surprised.

We tried nailing the floor from on top (cosmetically horrific) and this out helped a bit. I spent over 3,700 of my own money, and days worth of work to help my own situation, all the while begging and pleading with Mehdi to help me. My wife was devastated, our flooring was terrible . We can't even walk in our bedroom without waking people all over. It's honestly our worst nightmare, and there was no end in sight.

Mehdi was slow, and very reluctant with his "help". In the end he was more frustrated by me, and my calls. He then started to blame my home for having poor poor build quality, and that he was afraid I was never going to leave him alone. I got the hint Mehdi. Leaving you alone now. I'll leave the rest to karma.

We hired two different independent Ontario flooring inspectors for our home, and they both came to the same conclusion. Improper material used for raising the floor. A cheaper chip board commonly used for walls, not designed to be stepped on, or flooring, was used. He should have known this... But didn't care to as he was trying to save himself money.

He doesn't know what he's doing . His installers are terrible. His inexperience has severely impacted somebody's life and home, and clearly he doesn't care.

I'm currently looking at having most of the house redone, this time with proper materials, as there is no human being that could ever tolerate this level of noise from a floor in their home. It took us so long to save up for it the first time, and now we have to do it all again. A complete waste of 50k and a year of my life.

I have video surveillance of his installers damaging our walls. I have camera surveillance of one of the installers inviting his girlfriend to our house and she was casually walking around in her heels (in a construction zone) talking on her cel in Spanish. Yes that's right, a stranger just walking around and looking through our house.

Still want to do business with him, and his company? Go ahead . But here is my advice to you. DO NOT PAY HIM THE FULL AMOUNT until you are happy with your work. This is actually the legal way to do business. The minute he gets all his money, you've lost all his interest. This was my biggest mistake while dealing with him I should have held up the 10% I'm legally allowed to hold until I deem the job to be complete.

You've been warned. I'm sure he's great when an install goes right, but in the off chance it doesn't (like ours) just want you all to know exactly how you'll be treated... Like a pest, that he will shoo away.

Mr Ahi
Most of the claims you have made in this review are either at best inaccurate or at worst just plainly false. Mehdi (the man you refer to as this man) has gone above and beyond for you on more than one occasion, and all he has gotten in return is name calling and disrespect from you. Our installers are absolutely professional teams and we do over 300 installations per year. Since you are the only client who has not been satisfied no matter what measures we have taken, I would suggest the issue is more related to you than our company.
As you mention in your statement you were always aware of the issue of the flooring squeaks. You are also aware of all the measures we took to remedy the structural issue. We even spent two weeks after the installation was completed to screw in the joists from below. This is outside the scope of our work. We never charged you for this work, but did it out of concern for the quality of the final product that we were delivering to you.
We acknowledged the issue of the material and subfloor making the noises you mentioned. We suggested to create a claim with the manufacturer (Kentwood) and you refused the offer. If your floors are bubbling and delaminating this is due to the lack of humidity in your home which is an improper maintenance after installation. We took your concerns to Kentwood (Not Mercier Wood Flooring as you have suggested) and they did not stand behind their product. We then promptly closed our account with Kentwood and are no longer doing business with a company that does not stand behind their product. They have been removed from our showroom and website. In fact we first showed you the Mercier material which was of superior quality and you refused to purchase from Mercier because all you cared about what price point and you chose a Kentwood floor not a Mercier one.
Mehdi not only promised to take care of your issue (which are structurally related or product related due to improper maintenance) but he also followed through. He brought in a separate company to inject glue beneath the hardwood floors and you were supposed to sign an agreement indemnifying us after the work was completed. You never signed this document and told Mehdi after it was done that you never had any intention of signing that document. In fact, we have done exactly what we have told you we would do every step of the way and you are the one who has always negotiated in bad faith.
The reason the other person was not paid in full is because he did not do the job in full. He did a small test area and he was supposed to be paid once we got your full satisfaction, which to this day is not forthcoming. We paid for that service above and beyond your contract. the terms of this agreement are between M Squared and the sub contractor. We are not obliged to explain ourselves to any third party. We then sent one of our installers for an additional two weeks to nail the floors from the top (as per your specific request and against our best judgements). Again, you were not charged for this and again you were supposed to indemnify us after this work was completed, which you never did. Your project has cost us over $15,000 to date to try to remedy. Mehdi never once left you without a response if you contacted him. He even came to your home and offered you free flooring to replace the floors on the second floor. You again refused to sign a document to indemnity us, saying that you were not making a claim, while all the while making a claim.
The subfloor that was installed in your home was an OSB plywood which is 100% approved by the OBC to be used as flooring subfloor. You DID NOT want to pay more for the quality plywood material. Everything we installed was as per your specifications.
Lastly you speak of karma. We believe in Karma very much as a team at M Squared and we make sure to always do our best for our clients because we want the good karma back. We leave it to Karma to judge us on our actions.

May191 in Toronto
May191 in Toronto

High Quality work with attention to detail.

My wife and I had a hard time finding anyone to brogues herringbone floors.

M Squared had a great combination of materials, selection, and brands... but also had a good design sense.

They helped us devise a layout, and the installer was very patient and did amazing work.

Hello,

Thank you for the review and pictures. We appreciate your feedback and sharing your experience. Happy to help and glad to hear you are thrilled with the results.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Bedroom renovation

I was very impressed with the quality and service I received from M2. We wanted to renovate our 3 bedrooms and as part of that replace carpets with hardwood floors.
Coming to M2 we found a friendly and calm environment and were able to find the perfect flooring. Mehdi was very knowledgeable about all their products helping us make a great choice and answering all our questions.
He thoroughly walked us through the purchase and installation process giving us the confidence that M2 is the right company to do business with.
We chose to go with Mercier Madera white oak 4 1/4 hardwood floors and had them installed in January 2018. The installation process was very smooth and quick and Mehdi was able to
accommodate our renovation schedule giving us time to finish our master bedroom before the rest of the bedroom floorings was replaced.
I would definitely recomend M2 as a place where you could do business with confidence.

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback, comments and details.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Amazing personal service

My husband and I were looking for hardwood flooring for the main level of our home. I had a specific look in mind and I did not want to change my mind. I had searched high and low by the time we found M Squared Flooring on Steeles. We met with Mary on the first day and she was so well informed about everything having to do with hardwood flooring. I was considering to do a herringbone in one area and she explained how we could accomplish that look.
She walked me through all the possible options and we finally settled on the 6 1/2" Hard Maple Element from Mercier. She helped us customize our floors exactly how I wanted it. Then Michelle and Mary were in touch with me as the floors were produced, delivered to them and then delivered to our home. Mary made sure to tell us about the proper conditions in our home before the flooring was brought it.

I really appreciate her patience and honesty and the time she took to show me all the options and she made sure that we had all the necessary information before we made a purchase. I could not be happier with the final results. I highly recommend M Squared if you have a flooring project.

Melissa in Toronto
Melissa in Toronto

Main floor renovation

Incredible service. So easy to work with and super knowledgeable.
Always responding to emails and answering my annoying questions.
I would recommend M2 flooring to anyone. They even took care of my children when I was indecisively trying to choose floor.

Thank you for the kind words Melissa! None of your questions were at all annoying :) It was our pleasure helping you choose your flooring and we are happy to hear you were pleased with your experience.

Jordan from Caledon
Jordan from Caledon
2 reviews Caledon, ON

Laminate purchase and install

They are awesome! I needed laminate flooring for my basement. Mehdi showed me through all the different laminates that they carried and discussed the pros and cons with me. We finally settled on a stunning Torlys product. His installer did a great job. Mehdi followed up personally with some baseboard help as well. I'd recommend them to anyone!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We truly value our clients, and their opinions, it means the world to know we could be part if the success of your project!

Engineered hardwood in entire condo

This renovation was slightly costly, but the product and the end result was just superb. Our 1000+ square foot condo was finished in just 3 1/2 days! The workers who were laying the flooring did a great job. I have recommended M2 Flooring to other people because of their attention to detail.

You invested in a high quality product and the results show! Thank you for your kind words, we look forward to delivering the same level of service to your referrals.

Manuela from Toronto
Manuela from Toronto

New Engineered Hardwood Flooring

We went to M2 to buy and install our new engineered hardwood floors and are very glad we did. Mary and Mehdi were both very helpful and knowledgeable about all their products. They helped us choose both colour and type of wood, offered all the pros and cons to each different brand and type of flooring, and ensured we would have everything done on our tight schedule. We chose Mercier for their quality and because they're a Canadian product, and they were definitely the right choice. Rudy, the installer, was fantastic and did beautiful work. When a an issue arose (not with his work, but something beyond his control) he came back in and stayed with us to ensure that we were 100% satisfied with the finished product. He offered all the options available as well as his expertise regarding what would look best in the end. We are very pleased with his work, with our beautiful new floors, and with our entire experience with M2. Their determination to ensure our satisfaction and the great quality of their products and work are why I will recommend them to friends and family.

More about M² Flooring & Design Center

M² Flooring & Design Center is a full service flooring company. We will guide you through every step from design to implementation. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will provide you with all the information you need in order to make a well-informed decision for your flooring, and our expert installation ...
Looking for Floor Retailers pros in Concord?