Climate Experts Heating & Cooling Inc.

13-905 Dillingham Rd Pickering ON L1W 2X9
Climate Experts Heating & Cooling Inc.

Reviews for Climate Experts Heating & Cooling Inc.

Stefan in North york
Stefan in North york

Complete Home Renovation Heating and Cooling

When meeting the owner (Cody) the first few times, I had a good impression and after reviewing a few other quotes from HVAC contractors we decided to give the job to the young entrepreneur even though his offer was not the most competitive we received. The scope was supply and installation of a hydronic in-floor heating system and four ductless air conditioners.

Initially all went well when the job started. However, even then were some workmanship issues and his young crew needed a good bit of supervision. Cody himself was nowhere to be seen anymore once the job started. In the six month the project took to execute, he was on site twice. Once to collect a payment and the other time to commission the system after countless phone calls and multiple attempts to do it by one of his inexperienced staff.

When things get heated, he does not pick up the phone and emails are not being answered. The crews that come to do the work nothing but complain about their boss. One guy even quit and walked off the job when working on our project due to issues he had with the owner.

I would not work with Climate Experts again as it seems to me that the workload they take on is not being managed or is simply too much. The owner is very knowledgeable but the workers installing the system come straight out of Durham College, are very inexperienced, and have no idea about hydronic heating, and deliver below standard workmanship.

Hi Stefan,

The timing of the review comes as a bit of a surprise to me. We have been completed this installation and have not heard from you since commissioning it months ago. I am very sorry to hear how upset you are and I wish this was brought to my attention sooner. I have tried calling you but there has been no answer. I talked to a technician that was out at your home after the holidays (called directly without my knowledge) for a leaking pressure relief due to someone closing the shut off to the expansion tank. I wonder if this is where the frustration is coming from?

I’ll be the first to admit this project did not go as smooth as either of us would have liked but sometimes construction can go that way.

When we first met I thought you were a nice guy and this would be a great work relationship. To be honest, you have been one of the most difficult customers I have dealt with in 7 years and over 10,000 clients. I was onsite many more times then two for site meetings with the guys... you were not there. I can admit I could have been there a few more times through out the project but my technicians are trained to work on custom homes and renovation installations all the time with little supervision or issues. I have a business to run and many jobs that require my supervision. I cannot be at one place all the time.

The technicians did not want to go to your home after meeting you a few times due to the way they were talked to and how difficult you could be. There was no consistency with your temperament from day to day which I experienced first hand. One technician even called me and asked me never to send him to your home again due to the way he was talked to. I was shocked to hear that when he refused to provide his phone number you looked it up on line after he left and called him directly.

To set the record straight, my technicians are NOT straight out of Durham College. I believe your confusion comes from the fact that the two main technicians that were on your site (4 years experience in the field plus 2 years at Durham College) went to Durham College together. The technician that installed all the hydronic paneling had over 10 years experience and is very knowledgeable, so much so you called him back in to your home directly without calling Climate Experts for the pressure relief valve issue. The technician that quit did not walk off the job site. He was instructed not to preform anymore work on site that day because he had found another job and we did not want a carless worker with a bad attitude working on your home. Maybe this is the technician that was talking poorly about me.

You have even told one of my workers onsite you “like to complain about stuff for the sake of complaining”.

I always do my best to pick up my phone and answer my emails. I had prioritize emergency no cooling service and calls before your thermostat selections. I wanted to make sure I had enough time to research all avenues because you were very particular about what you wanted. This was not good enough and you wanted an answer immediately. You talked to me a few weeks after I explained this to you and agreed it made sense because the thermostats were months away. I was also on vacation for a week which you were aware of when you tried to get a hold of me repeatedly. My office was available to take calls and handle any issues there may have been, but yet that was not good enough.

I see above there is no mention that you were your own contractor and errors were made on your part that caused our scope of the project to drag on much longer then it should have . We had to install, remove, reinstall, reconfigure and redo multiple parts of our installation (at no additional charges except the ductless head relocates). We even had to bring drywall onsite to mount our units, when I asked when you would have drywall onsite you replied “How am I suppose to do that?” and dismissed the conversation. We reconfigured all the boiler paneling after asked to tighten up the mechanical room instead of reattaching to the existing boiler panel that was in our estimate. Even though this was more materials and labour there were no additional charges to you . Lastly, we removed and re-installed all the rads on the main floor (1.5 days not in our scope of work) and I did not even invoice you to try to keep you happy, which I am now convinced is impossible.

In the end all I can say I’m sorry your not satisfied with our installation but we cannot solve problems and take care of issues that we are unaware of.

From the Owner: Cody Johnson

Sampano in Ajax
Sampano in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

All products

Impossible in 30 words. Honest hard working people. I would never deal with any firm other then them. Have for 25 years. Never let me down yet. Furnaces GAS fire place air conditioner units. They do it all and RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. GLENN SAMPANO. AJAX

Thank you so much for your kind words Glenn. We are thrilled that you are happy

Michele  in Pickering
Michele in Pickering

No Heat

Amazing and trustworthy service. Both Kimberley and Mitchell were a pleasure to deal with. Mitchell was our technician and was very well educated on our Lennox system. Kimberly booked our appointment and was so pleasant when we spoke. I highly recomend this company.

Thank you for your business and the review Michele.

Tony C.
Tony C.
1 review Whitby, ON

Furnace Replacement

When our furnace stopped working overnight, I had called Climate Experts because they were open the earliest. After speaking with Cody and Kimberly, they had assured me that a technician would be at my place before 8:am that morning. By 8:30 am, the tech had already booked an installation for later that afternoon. Jason and Ryan were well prepared and did a great job on the installation. Kimberly at head office was pleasure to deal with and answered all my questions with her extensive knowledge and experience. I would highly recommend Climate Experts and look forward to using them for my routine maintenance.
Thanks guys for the awesome service.

Thank you so much Tony for your awesome words. Climate Experts is very pleased to have you on board with us and we are thrilled to have helped you in your time of need. Looking forward to dealing with you and your family in the future. Welcome aboard!

Sincerely,

Kimberly

HL N
HL N
1 review Pickering, ON

Disconnect and Relocate furnace, hot water heater

We have relocation furnace and gas water heater work done on Dec 1st, 2017 by Climate Expert Heating and Cooling. I'm happy with the quality of work done by dedicated Climate Expert staffs.

First of all, Kimberly responded to my inquiry even after 8:30 pm and recommend me to contact office the next day to get the estimate quote for relocating the furnace, gas water heater and install a new humidifier.

Quote was ready one day after home visit.

On appointment day, Jason, Josh with one extra help came working on the project. It took more than 9 hrs for 1st day, furnace and water heater were relocated as detailed in work order list, new humidifier, filter and cabinet were installed, ducts were reconnected and worked well. Missing detail from work plan was fixed when pointed out. I'm happy with the quality of work and the effort they have made to ensure that we have some heat, hot water and working gas stove for home comfort. 2nd day, Brian and Adam came to complete the duct works and humidifier.

Overall, work was professionally and we are completely satisfied with our purchase and would highly recommend Climate Expert Heating and Cooling to my friends and family.

Again thank you and wish you a Happy Holiday!

Climate Experts are thrilled to hear you are so satisfied with the work our crew has done for you. Thank goodness for Kimberly who responded to you after work hrs. We are thrilled to have her as a part of our team. Thank you for your words and happy holidays to you

Sarah R.
Sarah R.
3 reviews Pickering, ON

Experienced professionals

A year ago I installed three hrvs and two steam humidifiers with climate experts.
I have been renovating my house for years and had bad experience with other companies but with Cody and his team I know I am taken care of.
They are experienced professionals with exceptional service.
When I make a phone call for help I know Kimberly will not only have me taken care of ASAP of but also she is such a joy to talk to!
Great energy great peolple. For service Mitch comes always on time and he explains all the details. Great service. Highly highly recommend them.
Thank you Climate experts.

Thank you Sarah for all your kind words. We are glad to hear your happy and are thrilled with the service you have received from Climate Experts.

NJT in Whitby
NJT in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Furnace/Air Conditioner

We recently purchased a furnace/Air Conditioner. Our installers, Jason & Josh were very respectful, courteous and professional. They left the area clean and clear of debris and walked us through the installation process. Thank you for a job well done! I highly recommend Climate Experts!

Thank you. We are happy to hear your installation was successful and you are very pleased with the work that Jason and Josh did. They will be pleased to hear. Thanks again

J2kilbur
J2kilbur
5 reviews Pickering, ON

New Heating and Air Conditioning System

Cody, Mitchell and the rest of the team did an amazing job walking me through my options on a new heating system so I could find what would work best for our home.
Kimberly was there every step of the way helping ensure I got the most from rebates, helping coordinate schedules and manage my many questions. Kimberly always returned my calls immediately, and ensured that I got the help I needed when I needed it. I appreciated her friendly support as we coordinated the various projects done on my home this year!

Climate Experts team are thrilled with your comments on our staff. We are very pleased to give you the upmost customer service. Kimberly is very much an asset to our company. Her customer service skills are always second to none! Thank you Jenn from all of us at Climate Experts!

zaidmian in Toronto
zaidmian in Toronto
1 review Pickering, ON

Great techs, but greater service

I had the misfortune of inheriting a really crappy furnace and had to begin the process of calling around to various companies to figure out how much I would be dinged for a repair or replacement. Of course most places were roughly around the same cost as I discovered through call after call with disinterested, disgruntled receptionists. The reason I ultimately decided to go with Climate Experts was because when I called them up I was greeted by the nicest, friendliest, and most helpful person ever: Kimberly.

Over the course of several calls spanning several months, during which I stubbornly insisted that my turd of a furnace could in fact be repaired, Kimberly was always available to offer advice, schedule service calls at any time, and always got the best technicians to look at my furnace. She was kind and empathetic, and made me feel like I was their most important customer. She always followed up to make sure that things were going alright with my HVAC situation. Eventually it became clear to me that Kimberly and the fine techs at Climate Experts were right: I had to replace my furnace. I should have taken their advice from day one, but at no time did they pressure me into a sale, or take my concerns lightly.

Honestly speaking, there might be other companies out there that might have better prices or offer something else that fits your criteria better, but in my case I stopped calling around as soon as I spoke to Kimberly at Climate Experts. Their technicians are top notch and professional, their prices are very fair in my opinion, but the real value is the customer service. Thank you Kim, you have a customer for life!

Thank you Zaid for your kind words. Climate Experts will always be there for you anytime to help with your HVAC needs. We all thank you for your kind words and you have put a smile on Kimberly's face. She is thrilled to have been there from day one!

From the gang @ Climate Experts

Beth in Toronto
Beth in Toronto

Exceptional Service

Amazing work, great price, timely service, lovely people. Colm was our technician and did an amazing job installing our new furnace and updating the HVAC system-- lovely to have around the work site. Kimberly is the exceptionally cheerful and efficient office manager who made sure that our rebates were filed. Her support throughout this was amazing. It's rare to find a person as warm and helpful as Kimberly.

Thank you so much for your kind words. The team @ Climate Experts will be happy to hear your comment especially Kimberly. She does a great job and we are happy to have her on board with us. Thank you Beth

More about Climate Experts Heating & Cooling Inc.

Welcome to Climate Experts Heating & Cooling Inc. We are a Canadian owned and operated company serving Durham region and the surrounding area. We install, service and maintain all major brands of furnaces and air conditioners. We are available to serve you 24/7 in a quick and timely manner. Climate Experts are bonded, licensed and Insured, while providing quality customer service all year around