York Taps & Tile

Reviews for York Taps & Tile

Deb in Toronto
Deb in Toronto

Shower Hose

I placed an order online for a shower hose. Three weeks later, and several follow up phone calls later with no replies, I finally went out to get it and was told that the delay was their shipment from Montreal. As it turned out I had ordered the wrong size by mistake so called back to see if I could exchange it. I was promised a follow up call that never came so I bought one that fit elsewhere. When I called again a week later to ask to return it, I was told I couldn’t because it was a special order (on their website it was one of the items for sale, nothing special), I could only exchange it. I threw it out and know never to use this company again. Lesson learned.

T V.
T V.

Toilet

Great prices and friendly staff. We got a great Black Friday deal on a Toto toilet - quality brand and York Taps has a great selection of them. Given the challenges with COVID delivery times were significantly impacted. When we got to March and it didn't look like the toilet would be delivered any time soon, Khal called us to offer the newer, improved model of the toilet we order, that retailed for almost $200 more than we paid, at no additional cost and we could pick it up same day! A lot of other retailers would have just kept your money and kept you waiting - but Khal was more focused on having customer service and we're greatly appreciative. Love our toilet! Thanks Khal

No name
No name

Ok

They send me a wrong sink and I went back and I great guy named davin just exchange it no problem , so I change my stars rating , they gave me a hassle before but now nothing at all .

Kat in Vancouver
Kat in Vancouver

do they know all their products?

My BRUSHED NICKEL Grohe shower set was broken. Went to showroom and happy to see all the chrome Grohe displaced. Asked a sale person re any Brushed Nickel set I can choose or order, the guy said Grohe NEVER had any brushed nickel. What? When I confronted that I had it at home now, the guy then said oh, it had to be ordered and took at least six weeks. I said I can wait. All of a sudden, the guy said he need to take a phone call and told me stay there to wait, stay the same spot and waited for at least 15 mins and saw him not exactly engaging in any phone call or computer work! Did he really want to serve customers?

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Extremely poor after sales service

I purchased various bathroom shower heads, controls, shower rails from York Taps. They were very helpful initially, but once the order was placed and paid for in advance, their attention to customer service drop to zero. I had to call several times to ask about delivery date. When an initial delivery date was cancelled due to a problem with their truck, no one called to informed me. I had to call them again. A trim on one of the expensive balancing valve had a cosmetic defect on it upon arrival. I did not notice until I installed it. When I asked them about an exchange for just the trim, there was no response. Don't be fooled by their service at first contact. It will be downhill after you have paid for the purchase. Unlikely to get any help if you have any problems with the purchase after the sale is completed. I noticed the same issues raised by customers who were dissatisfied in other posts.

Rich in Milton
Rich in Milton

Vanities and Fixtures

Dave and the team at York Taps were great! Excellent customer service, excellent products, and friendly delivery people. We ordered 4 vanities, all delivered without a scratch, a shower faucet set, and a tub filler. All of the items were great quality at a great price.

J in Toronto
J in Toronto

Bathroom fixtures, vanities and kitchen sink/faucet supply.

We finished our reno approximately one year ago and have had some time to live with our purchases and see how they would hold up to normal family life. Frankly everything is outstanding. Going back to the beginning, Dave is the man to talk to (even thought the staff are all very friendly and helpful). Dave knows his inventory and listens when you set parameters on your needs/wants in order to put together a package that works for you. We equipped three bathrooms and the kitchen island sink/faucet from York Taps and are very happy with everything. There was one piece (a vanity backsplash) that arrived broken, but Dave sorted out the issue and in a short time had it replaced. The selection of products was exactly what we were looking for, the prices were definitely competitive and the service was great (including email follow-ups). They were great to work with and definitely recommended.

Bob & Eleanor in Mississauga
Bob & Eleanor in Mississauga

Great customer service!

My wife and I had been searching for a new bathroom vanity and faucet for sometime and after many failed tries at all the big box home stores, we came to York Taps. We walked in and found a great selection with great prices! Almost immediately one of the sales people came over to help us out and answer all our questions. His name was Khaled. My wife and I were able to agree on a vanity and faucet for the first time and within just a few minutes Khaled had everything sorted out had organized a pick up at their nearby warehouse so we didn’t have to make another trip to the store or wait for a delivery.
After getting home we started installing the vanity etc. but could not for the life of us figure out how to remove the drawers. I sent an e mail to Khaled on Sunday thinking he would reply on Monday when he got to work. We were very pleasantly surprised to receive a reply on his day off, explaining how to remove the drawers! His instructions were right on and we had them removed in minutes. Great customer service at all levels. Will be shopping there again when we renovate our other bathroom.

barb.mcburney
barb.mcburney
5 reviews Georgina, ON

Excellent Experience!!

Our experience with David, Manager of York Taps, was excellent from start to finish!!

After weeks of seeking for the perfect vanity to meet our needs, I found York Taps on line and we visited their store. The selection, quality and variety of brands was very good with lots of options to choose from.

We found the perfect vanity that was solid wood and very stylish and we were able to switch from the quartz top to the Carrera Marble top, to suit our decor. The bonus was it was also on sale......

David was extremely accommodating on the delivery to Keswick, some companies will not go further north than Newmarket.

We would not hesitate to recommend David and York Taps to friends and family and would use them again for any future renovation projects.

Looking for Bathroom & Kitchen - Fixtures & Accessories pros in Richmond Hill?