Empire Deck & Fence

Reviews for Empire Deck & Fence

James in Toronto
James in Toronto

Glass panel repair work

HUGE thanks to Empire Deck and Fence for their wonderful, efficient and professional repair work, esp. in mid-summer when they are the busiest. Basically no wait time at all. They even vacuumed the river rock on the yard side of the deck to clear the gazillion pieces of glass that had spread down there, as well as clearing the gaps between the floor boards! And, to boot, no charge, even though this was not covered under warranty. Highly recommend this company. Ryan and Mike-bravo!

Private User reviews , ON

New Deck

This is our first experience with a deck contractor and, overall, we are pleased with the experience. Yvon did our deck quote in summer 2018. He was very professional and friendly, and made some great suggestions as we tried to decide what to do. We signed a contract and made the deposit for a ~5x5 foot cedar wood deck and a ~15x25 foot stone patio. The wood deck was completed just as the snow began to fall and the stone patio was scheduled for spring 2019. I contacted Empire in May 2019 as I hadn't heard from them yet and we wanted a date on the calendar. Ryan became my new contact as Yvon had found new employment. I contacted Ryan every couple weeks and then suddenly he had a solid date. I found it a bit frustrating that they couldn't get a date on the calendar for us earlier on and when June arrived I was starting to wonder. Things picked up then though and Mark came by to introduce himself and to have a look at the site. The crew arrived very early in the morning on June 19 and worked hard all day. These guys knew what they were doing and their pace was steady. Great crew. Beautiful craftsmanship. A few of the stones were discoloured and stood out to my eye - after texting Mark about it, he had them replaced without issue. I wish they had noticed that themselves, but I was really appreciative that they quickly switched them when I pointed it out. The project was completed two days later, after a day break due to rain. Later, unfortunately when all of the equipment was gone, I noticed that one of the old cement deck footings was still in the ground (they removed all the other ones) and when I messaged Mark about it, he came to remove it on his own. Thank you so much. Ryan called me a few days after all was complete to ensure we were happy; I also appreciated that as a close to the project. Looking forward to enjoying it for many years to come! Thank you Empire Deck!

Thanks for the review! We take great pride in our work and are so happy you're pleased with the results. Enjoy your new deck!

Thierry in Milton
Thierry in Milton
0 reviews Milton, ON

New deck

Very professional from the start, giving us all the options while listening to what we wanted. High quality work, Ryan is very friendly and clean work (did not leave a mess behind). Had final walkthrough with Ryan to ensure my demands are met. Would definitely recommend

Brendan in Toronto
Brendan in Toronto
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Fence replace

The job entailed removal of an existing (dilapidated) fence on the side and back of the house and installation of a red cedar fence. The job was quite difficult given the difficult to remove and install the posts due to the semi-stony earth. The work proceeded very well and required a lot of effort. The crew did a great job and exceeded expectations, as did the project manager who ensured overall job satisfaction at the end with a few touch-ups and board swaps. I am very pleased with the results, the beautiful smells of freshly cut cedar and the very natural and freshened look it has given to our property. Thanks very much for all of your hard work!

Thank you so much for the review! We take great pride in our work and are so pleased you're happy with the results.

ksbridger in Toronto
ksbridger in Toronto
1 review Montreal,

We currently have a court claim filed

After 3 days of work and repeated attempts to have structural error corrected and a building inspectors report to show what issues were they refuse to repay our deposit.
They have all material and that includes structure the started to build.
This is a second story deck not even attached to the house.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Happy composite deck owner

We were undecided on getting a composite deck vs a regular pressure-treated or cedar deck. We really wanted a composite decks but we needed to find a competent company to build it for us. We do not regret having chosen Empire Deck and Fence to build our composite deck. The service was great and the end result was perfect.

Thanks for the review! We're so glad we were able to build you the deck you wanted. Enjoy the beautiful weather!

LPK in Ottawa
LPK in Ottawa

warranty review

Empire built a new deck on the front of my house last spring. over the winter a couple of the composite clips came loose and a side board came off. I call Ryan and within 3 days he had someone come and investigate. they straightened the boards, re-cut a seam to make it a tighter fit, re screwed in the side boards and silicon-ed some of the trim pieces that popped off. I am very happy with the quick response and thoroughness of the service. They went over all my concerns with me and I signed off that I was happy with the job. Very polite and professional, he didn't rush me through, I had the impression that he would stay as long as it took. I have already recommended Empire to others. Thank you

Thanks for the review! We love what we do and always stand behind our work. Enjoy the beautiful deck weather!

Second story deck

These guys know what they are doing. They were easy to deal with, they worked exceptionally hard and the end product is perfection. I highly recommend choosing the pros at Empire Decks.

Thanks for the review! We love bringing clients' visions to life and we hope you're enjoying your deck!

Barrhaven Client
Barrhaven Client

New Composite Deck

We had a beautiful quality composite deck built during the beginning of spring with snow still on the ground and the Empire crew had no issues removing the snow off the ground and quickly put up our deck in time for the warm weather to arrive. This is our first experience with a Deck contractor and we are very pleased with the experience. We were given daily status updates throughout the week and work always started early in the morning and they didn't leave till it was dark out. Very hard working crew and the end result was amazing. Can't wait for the summer.

Thanks for the review! We love what we do and take great pride in a job well done. Hope you're enjoying your new deck!

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Deck, fence, patio

Great products, quality of work, attention to detail...extremely happy with the end result and can’t wait to enjoy it in the summer months. The deck, patio and fence were all well built/put together

We at Empire always appreciate it when our clients give us all the three elements to work with: the deck, patio and fence. Thanks for the opportunity and your kind words!

More about Empire Deck & Fence

Our goal is to keep our nation's capital beautiful!

With the help of our amazing clients, Empire provides gorgeous exterior makeovers to wonderful homes across the city.

Thank you to everyone who has been part of our goal.

Decks, Fences & Gates, Interlocking Stone, Landscape Architects, and Landscape Contractors & Designers
- Decks (Composite, PVC, Cedar, Pressure-treated) - Fences - Landscaping - Interlocking - Hardscape - Stonework - Woodwork - Pergolas - Railings - Gazebos - Glass railings - Lighting
Composite Decks: TREX, Fiberon, Timbertech PVC Deck: Azek Interlock: Techo-Bloc, Permacon Banas... Fence: Tuffence, Bufftech
- Architectural Design - Composite & PVC decks - Cedar & pressure-treated decks - Glass railings - Fences - Interlocking - Landscaping
2010
Ontario Law: https://www.ontario.ca/page/your-rights-when-signing-or-cancelling-contract
Cheque, Credit Card, Cash, E-transfer
BBB
Construction, Civil and Chemical Engineering, Architectural Technologist, Commerce
$3,000
5-year on workmanship for decks and fences. 2-year for interlock. Manufacturer's warranty applies for all materials.