Empire Deck & Fence

Fences & Gates
Empire Deck & Fence

Reviews for Empire Deck & Fence

New fence and Deck - Great service

The team was very responsive to our (many) requests, and the constant changes that were needed. Our Project Manager was readily available at all times throughout the project - keeping us up to date on every element. They were even able to take on some smaller jobs last minute, which was so helpful.

Overall a great experience! We love our new fence and deck!

Patrick Escander in Ottawa
Patrick Escander in Ottawa

Beautiful New Cedar Deck

Everyone at Empire did an amazing job. They were very busy and i had to wait a couple of months for them to build it, but it was totally worth it! Quality craftsmanship is not cheap but you get what you pay for. Special thanks to site manager Ryan, he keeps it all together and running smooth. Thanks guys.

fence, patio and deck

I contracted them with fence, patio and deck in April. The fence was done by June, and rest were done by September. They have done great job. The guys on site are helpful and professional. I am satisfied with overall works. I would recommend friends if they are looking for services. However, one thing can be improved. After fence done, I kept emailing them about the next job, but I got no answers for weeks. It's important to keep customers in the loop. I understand summer is busy time, but it would be nice to drop a few lines, no matter what, of explanations. Don't stay in silence when customers trying to reach you.

Lori Clarke in Ottawa
Lori Clarke in Ottawa

Fence

I had a large part of my fence replaced by Empire. The fence was very old and I wanted them to match the new fence to the old one. The men who did the work did a great job and matched the new to old fence perfectly. As well, they were hardworking, polite and courteous. I am very pleased with my new fence!

JAM in Ottawa
JAM in Ottawa

Gorgeous fence!

My husband and I decided to go with Empire deck and fence with the reviews that we had seen online for a new fence for our home. From beginning to end, customer service was great, the staff were friendly, and when it was time for the fence installation the workers were very upfront about what was being completed and the time frame of completion. The outcome-ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!
I had to contact the company in regards to a quick question about the finished fence and they were quick to come by and answer and fix anything that needed to be done. Would definitely recommend this company for your fence needs

Fencex3 in Ottawa
Fencex3 in Ottawa

Fence

After a wind storm levelled part of one fence, my neighbours and I decided to redo all the fences around our three town houses. The work done by Ryan and Kerry and their crews was excellent. They worked during an extreme heat wave and also had the gruelling task of digging all 49, 3 foot deep post holes out of solid bedrock requiring jack hammers and a lot of back breaking work. They were always friendly and accommodating. Any issues I had were rectified to my complete satisfaction and I would recommend them to others. many thanks to all of them for a job well done.

Rear fence

Empire was great to deal with. They took out an old bit of fencing and a random steel post and concrete footing, and left us with a beautiful custom cedar fence that gets compliments from everyone who visits. The work was done as scheduled and the cleanup was thorough.

Robert in Ottawa
Robert in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Complete three side fence job

They did the fence in two separate jobs. The work was well done and the cost was fair. And their subs who did the actual work were superb workers with excellent customer skills. The first part of the job needed three of the poles to be re-dug and straightened and I suspect this is because they are using thin walled rectangular pipe inside the PCV instead of the stronger and thicker pipe used for commercial applications. The pipe had literally buckled. However, in fairness , they did repair the fence under warranty

BUT, the overall job management was a total disaster, with multiple missed commitments, lengthy wait times, incorrect colour fence delivered, and an overall terrible experience from start to finish. Their internal company management is non existent; I'm surprised they aren't out of business. If it wasn't for the excellent work done by their subs, the job would have failed miserably.

I would strongly suggest you find another company to do your work or be prepared to wait lengthy, indefinate wait times for completion of service. I own my own business and if I treated customers the way I was treated, I would be out of business in a month.

Bottom line, with their turnover of "management" staff, they are not a solid, reliable company you can count on. Please do yourself a favour and look elsewhere for a fencing company

terry in Ottawa
terry in Ottawa

Backyard Fence

We contracted Empire in April. They were very good about making the sale, responsive and fast (Riley). We were told the fence would be done by the end of May. And then they went radio silent. We could not get their construction manager to meet with us (Bruce, Ryan). Repeated attempts to call and email went unanswered. It was the week before Canada Day before the construction manager deigned to show up. And then it was a promise that the work would start within days. Nothing. And crickets. Again repeated calls, another promise and now excuses ("hard job in Nepean" "three of the crew quit" blah blah).

And now after three months of delays, they have decided not to do the job, saying it will be "too hard"... well, you did not think it hard when you made the estimate. Nor did your first or second construction manager after we finally walked through it with them. They put in contractual caveats about cost increases for potentially hard holes. So it seems they were covered. The excuses just sound feeble at this point.

Basically, a frustrating terrible experience. On the plus side, they did return the deposit without hassle. But not the interest for carrying it on our CC for the past 2 months. The Keg gift card was a nice attempt to assuage our anger. But really, I wanted a fence not a steak dinner.

I am sure there are other companies that can manage a fence project better and at least provide basic communications. Avoid. Or get real performance guarantees in the contract with penalties for non-communication, false starts, or no-start.

Pauline in Ottawa
Pauline in Ottawa

Fence for Annie

We asked 3 firms to provide estimates using the same product and we selected Empire because they were the best value. We are very happy with the crew who performed our install and we love our new fence. Annie loves her new yard.

More about Empire Deck & Fence

Our goal is to keep our nation's capital beautiful!

With the help of our amazing clients, Empire provides gorgeous exterior makeovers to wonderful homes across the city.

Thank you to everyone who has been part of our goal.

Decks, Fences & Gates, Interlocking Stone, Landscape Architects, and Landscape Contractors & Designers
- Decks (Composite, PVC, Cedar, Pressure-treated) - Fences - Landscaping - Interlocking - Hardscape - Stonework - Woodwork - Pergolas - Railings - Gazebos - Glass railings - Lighting
Composite Decks: TREX, Fiberon, Timbertech PVC Deck: Azek Interlock: Techo-Bloc, Permacon Banas... Fence: Tuffence, Bufftech
- Architectural Design - Composite & PVC decks - Cedar & pressure-treated decks - Glass railings - Fences - Interlocking - Landscaping
2010
Ontario Law: https://www.ontario.ca/page/your-rights-when-signing-or-cancelling-contract
Cheque, Credit Card, Cash, E-transfer
BBB
Construction, Civil and Chemical Engineering, Architectural Technologist, Commerce
$3,000
5-year on workmanship for decks and fences. 2-year for interlock. Manufacturer's warranty applies for all materials.