The Ancaster Handyman

Reviews for The Ancaster Handyman

morgan60smith in Hamilton
morgan60smith in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Multiple repairs and a 12x24 pool deck.

We hired Stanley.to do some repairs and installations around our home. Stanley arrived on time and got straight to work. When he had questions he came directly and asked, gave helpful suggestions, and respected our decisions. He was polite, humorous, and trustworthy.man. Due to these qualities, we had Stanley come back for further jobs including building a deck for our 12x24 pool. And he did a great job again. Same helpfulness, work ethic, and quality.
We intend to have Stanley back in the near future to do more work for us. We genuinely believe he is talented, ethical, and kind, and feel so lucky to have found someone trustworthy. His prices are competitive, however, the quality is superior. Worth every penny!

Thanks for the review. It is always a pleasure working for you.

Kelly Russell & Andrew in Dundas
Kelly Russell & Andrew in Dundas

Installation of Bathroom Vanity and Toilet

We needed a new bathroom vanity installed and it was a tricky replacement because the pedestal sink we removed left an awkward plumbing situation. Stan did an excellent job of refitting the sink and making the vanity sit tight against the wall. He was professional and tidy. He had the toilet installed in no time! I would highly recommend him.

Thanks for the review Kelly. Your new bathroom looks good. Give me a call the next time you have a project planed.

Ipmcd in Hamilton
Ipmcd in Hamilton

Fireplace

He came in and rebuilt an old fireplace to my specifications and I changed something after he was almost done ... he was a steady worker very pleasant and knowledgeable .He is now my go to guy. We are seniors and appreciate his time..

You were right Irene about the old fireplace looking too small. Extending the height and width of the fireplace is a big improvement to the look of the room. Any time you need my help I am just a call away.

Klaus Schmidsrauter from Hamilton
Klaus Schmidsrauter from Hamilton
6 reviews Hamilton, ON

Roof repair & bathroom demo

I have used Stan McCall for a couple of jobs now. The first was a small repair to my garage roof where water had buckled particle-board sheathing. The second was the demolition and debris removal of an old, unused 3-piece bathroom in the basement. From my observations, Stan is an efficient, very skilled, hard-working craftsman who never stops working and goes the extra mile for you. Even though he charges by the hour, the charge is reasonable and you are not paying for "idle" time - he never stops. I will certainly call him again and I would recommend him to anyone.

Thanks Klaus,
When I am finished a job I like to go home knowing my clients are completely satisfied with the work I have done.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Partial bathroom reno + ...old house

Stan does careful, quality work. He also takes time to explain any issues or challenges and is hardworking and efficient. He recently did a partial bathroom reno at my home (vanity, toilet, and vinyl flooring - my note: the bathroom is not square - many nooks and angles!) and has done other "handyman" tasks here - e.g. installation of a folding, door in a door frame that was not square (century home).

Thanks for the review. I am glad you are happy with the results of my work.

cooperc in Hamilton
cooperc in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Excellent worker!

I had Stan do two jobs for me on both my bathrooms he did excellent work and explained everything as he went. I would definitely recommend him and use him again.

I am glad you are happy with your bathroom floors and your new kitchen taps. Thanks for recommending me to your neighbour. I look forward to doing some work for her in the near future.

Bruce in Ancaster in Hamilton
Bruce in Ancaster in Hamilton

Wood Deck Repair and paint

I asked Stan to remove and rebuild wood benches attached to a large deck, replace rotted wood in deck and paint. Stan completed the assignment in an efficient workman like manner and a proper job was done.

Thanks Bruce
Glad you are happy with the deck and with the fence repaired also the outside of your property is looking good.

Stan

Martin
Martin
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Closet Upgrades

The main job that we asked Stan to do was to upgrade our closets by removing the old racking, and installing the new, plus removing the old mirrored doors and installing the new. Stan was punctual and hard-working and we were very happy with the end result.

Thanks Martin. I like being able to help people turn their new house into their home.

Isabelle T.D. in Ancaster
Isabelle T.D. in Ancaster
1 review Hamilton, ON

Repair and replace pillar of front columns and repar garage door

We're very happy with the professional services and quality of work of The Ancaster Handyman. They repaired our front columns and one of garage door and they now look great!

Thanks Isabelle
It was good to get rid of all that rotten wood at the bottom of that pillar and a new base built for it to sit on and also to get rid of the rotten wood on the garage door. With the matching paint that you had you can't tell that they hace been repaired.

Ramona from Hamilton
Ramona from Hamilton
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

Deck railing install, fence repairs, door lock, window screens, drywall

This is the second time I hired Stan, and again, he has done another great job for me. My laundry list of repairs included installing a deck railing as well as several repairs to various parts of my fence, a door lock, two window screens, and a piece of drywall. He is the one stop shopping guy for a laundry list like this. He is really versatile and can get a lot done very efficiently. He is a natural at doing and figuring out just about anything which is why you can call him for all of your bits and pieces. Great value for the dollar. I will be using him again for sure.

Thanks Ramona, I was tempted to go for a swim that day working outside in the hot sun. It is great being able to work so close to home, that is why I am The Ancaster Handyman.

More about The Ancaster Handyman

I like to fix things. If you have a bathroom fan that is not working or is noisy I can replace just the blower without replacing the whole fan. If your garage door opener is not working I can replace the worn out gears rather than replacing the whole garage ...
Looking for Handyman Services pros in Ancaster?