Wildlife Shield

Pest & Animal Control
HomeStars  >  Pest & Animal Control in Toronto  >  Wildlife Shield

Reviews for Wildlife Shield

SN in Toronto

This fall we started to hear squirrels in our roof crawl space. Worried that they were going to settle in for the winter, we contacted Wildlife Shield. Richard came out very quickly and assessed the situation. We don't have indoor attic access, but Richard quickly set up a ladder outside and found several possible access holes. He set up a one-way hatch so that they would leave and not be able to return, and patched the other holes. The squirrels are now gone. We also received several follow up calls from the company to ensure that the problem had been resolved that we were satisfied. Impressive service -- these are good, knowledgeable, and professional people. Highly recommended.

eleyouth in Toronto

We had an ongoing squirrel problem and we were dealing with another wildlife company for almost 3 months. They kept coming back and claimed they fixed the problem every time even though animals were making a racket every day and night.
We had enough and called Wildlife shield for a consultation and to get a second opinion. Richard came for an inspection and spotted more than a few entry points that the other company had missed during their 7 or 8 visits to our property.
He installed a one way door, sealed up a few areas of concern and reinforced about 20 feet of our roof edge.Within a few days noises stopped. Instead of us having to call them and play what seemed to be an endless phone tag (like with the previous contractor) they actually were proactive followed up to make sure we weren't hearing any noises and came back to make sure everything was in order and to remove their equipment.
Great service and great value. Problem solved. Thank you guys!

John from Toronto

We suspected we had rats in the basement, and called for help.

Without setting a single trap the person who visited loaded the inside of our house with poison, on two separate visits. He said that if the rats died inside the house, the smell would only last 3 days to 1 week at the most.

Wrong.

Our basement has smelled like dead rats for over a month.

Other members from the company have acknowledged that using poison in the house before setting traps was absolutely the wrong thing to do. They said "rule number 1 is don't use poison in the house". Well, they broke their own rule #1.

They have visited multiple times to try and alleviate the odor with chemicals, but let me tell you NOTHING got rid of the dead rat smell.

They also set traps, but only after the rats were already dead.

We have a finished basement which is usually the main area for our kids to play and for our entertainment room. We have not been able to use our basement for over a month.

Unless we tear out walls, we are going to have dead rats in our house forever.

We spend nearly $400 for this "service".

John,

We are happy to hear that the advanced rat infestation you were experiencing has been resolved. Please let us know if activity persists and we will gladly continue to follow up like we have at no additional cost.

As far as the smell is concerned we would like to mention a couple of things about your case.

The smell was evident during our first visit and before we applied any treatment. This was pointed out to your partner and yourself and was a result of your attempt to deal with the rat problem by poisoning rats on your own. As you told us, you had started poisoning them the week prior to our arrival for the service.

Two days after our treatment was applied you notified us that the dead rodent smell was getting worse.
The rodenticides we use do not kill within two days as per product labels. It takes a minimum of 5 days for the products to kill rodents after a lethal dose has been consumed, as per product label specifications. A lethal dose can take multiple feeding to be delivered. We have communicated these label specifications to you in detail-repeatedly. Not to mention that bad smells associated with flesh decomposition usually start 24 hours after death.

Unfortunately, we should not have taken responsibility for third party products or "techniques". John, these are the dangers of poisoning rats indoors on your own.

You are correct, it is not company policy to poison rats indoors and we avoid it unless it is absolutely necessary or the only solution available at the time. The only way for us to have effectively placed snap traps during our first visit would have been by removing the makeshift hatch to you drop ceiling which your partner explicitly refused. In retrospect, we should have been more insistent and far less accommodating to your requests, for your and our benefit.

Also, even though we advised you not to block any entry points on your own until the extermination process was complete, you deemed necessary to block the main rat entry point immediately after our first service and against our advice.

In the spirit of committed customer service, by which we conduct our business, we have been in continuous contact with both you and your partner and have conducted dozens of customer service calls, several followup visits, at no additional cost, and have proposed several solutions for odor removal at again no additional cost, which you have refused.

If the rat activity returns please notify us. We would be happy to return, readdress the issue and honor our warranty.

LisaM in Toronto

Wildlife Sheild have provided some of the best customer service I have ever had in a lifetime of dealing with contractors. I manage a very old historic residentially tenanted building with a sudden severe rodent problem. We had raccoons and squirrels in the attic, rats and mice in the basement. I have had them out literally dozens of times (through no fault of theirs, this is an extremely challenging building!) and have always found them prompt, courteous to tenants even during unpleasant interactions, and knowledgeable. They have cheerfully warranted some work that even I deemed questionable of whether it was a question of workmanship or just dealing with an old house’s soffits. I can highly recommend this company! Lisa M

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us Lisa. Despite the scope and challenges of the project we have and continue to remain committed to solving the issues at the property. Rest assured, we will do our do our utmost to make sure your tenants can get a good nights sleep!

Janet in Toronto

We own a house in the Grange and contacted Wildlife Shield because we heard animal noises in our roof. Wildlife Shield identified numerous access points for both raccoons and squirrels. All points were sealed and we are happy to report that we have not heard any animal noises since. They provided a 2 year guarantee for their work which gives us peace of mind that the animal issues will be dealt with if they reoccur. We would not hesitate to recommend Wildlife Shield to other home owners.

Thank you very much for writing this review. I'm very happy to hear that the service has been a access. If for whatever reason you start hearing noises again please contact us immediately.

x12lobo in Ottawa
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Raccoon proofed all potential entry points.Pesky creatures tried re entering after 2 years of being free of them.Inhabit the area being in the Rouge Valley and roam around at all times of the day.The company trapped 3 and took them away, but the area has many more.Intially entered our roof in 2015. In the spring of that year, Richard cleaned, disinfected and sealed the entrance with the galvanized mesh.In 2017 spring , they tried entering again(instinct to return), so Richard had to re -enforce and we accepted raccoon proofing all potential entry points.
We are very happy with the service rendered from Richard, Tom and Simon and have referred them to other home owners also in the area and to my sister who had a squirrel in her roof.The company is professional, caring and friendly and I would recommend them.We did shop around intially and some weird unprofessional people turned up!!

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our service. There are several potential points of entry on every roof that raccoons can break in through, protecting them is always a good idea. I'm glad that your experience with our team was pleasant. If any new activity or noises come back, please let us know and we will happily check things out for you!

Brendan  from Mississauga

I called on a Sunday and they returned my call within an hour. They came out Monday and where there a few hours and got all the things I needed done. Very professional and clean. Took the time to explain everything they did so I understood. Very impressed with there service.

Thank you Brendan for taking the time and writing this review! We always return our calls no matter what day of the week it is. I'm glad we were able to assist you. Please let us know if the animals return!

Cynthia Crockett in Essex
1 review Essex, ON

I am very happy with the service I received from Wildlife Shield.
Squirrels had gotten into our roof and I was afraid they would hunker down over the winter. A young man showed up and investigated the situation and let me know where they were getting in and made recommendations. A week later and they are gone. I also received a followup call to see if there had been any activity from the family of squirrels from Simon. I Would definitely use
their service again and recommend this company to a friend.

Thank you for the review Cynthia! We are glad we could be of assistance.

Maria in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

A skunk that was living under my deck decided to attack my cats and spray them 3 times in 3 weeks. I was getting very frustrated of the clean up and the smell. My cats were no longer allowed out and caused them a lot of anxiety as well. I decided that enough was enough and called in the professionals. Wildlife Shield explained the process and the associated cost right away. I'm happy to report that the skunk has moved on and the great think is that no other critter can move in under my deck! Worth every penny. Thanks Wildlife Shield. Highly recommended!

Thank you for the review Maria!

A plus Decors

I send a quote request to several companies with good reviews on Google and Homestars. Wildlife Shield responded immediately. The Office Manager Simon was very friendly and professional, so does Thomas who came to solve our problem. The price was affordable and they never charged us extra when we ask them to come again to double check in the attic. They called us to follow up couple of times to see if everything is OK.
Hopefully, squirrels are gone forever.
Thank you guys!

We are to help and we are glad you are happy with our service! Thank you for the review!

More about Wildlife Shield

Wildlife removal and exclusion company operating in Toronto. We remove raccoons, squirrels, and other wildlife. Our technicians are trained and experienced in the removal of nuisance wildlife. We can provide permanent solutions to all urban and suburban wildlife problems. Call us for a consultation. 647-560-3988 We would be happy to ...