Terraform Construction Ltd

Gurvinder in Burnaby
Gurvinder in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Concrete Pavers

We hired Terraform in fall of 2020 for a concrete pavers project, we faced several issues and will not recommend this company to anybody.
1. The quote included putting polymeric sand , but the contractor on site said we don't need to put, after we complained they did put it but did a very poor job and the sand is not even settled.
2. Then they sealed the pavers it made a big mess, and they said the reason is we need dry weather for the sealer. They had earlier said that applying sealant will be fine even in current weather. We agreed that we will re-apply the sealant in next spring.
3. After they completed the project, there were rust marks everywhere, when we asked those to be cleaned they applied some chemical which ruined the pavers and they had to replace the pavers. I was surprised that these so called professional didn't know how to clear the rust from the pavers.
4. When spring came finally we asked to do the sealant, and they have stopped responding and have completely disappeared.

We are now going to hire another company to fix the mess up this company has created.

0 reviews Vancouver, BC

Retaining wall replacement

This past August Terraform replaced an old retaining wall for us that was leaning into the neighbour's property. It had caused some stress over a few years as we searched for the right people to do the job. In terms of what we expected and whet the neighbour expected the work could not have been done better. Both Terraform's skilled crew and their work ethic and respect for all people concerned, made the experience a positive one easing tensions that had often accompanied this wall.
They met everyone's expectations and more ( not an easy task) as an example; on completion of the wall some of the Terraform crew did a bit of extra for the neighbour to please her. The neighbour was very happy with the wall work and expressed her gratitude to the crew.

Wesley in Port Moody
Wesley in Port Moody
1 review Vancouver, BC

Called back a second time

Last year our yard was a mess due to the construction of a detached garage. I checked in with a few landscapers to get some simple work done, building a small retaining wall and installing sod. Terraform was there on time and got back to me with a quote shortly after. They had the best communication and the price was reasonable. During this project, I never met Chris but he took the time to talk to me on the phone to answer all my questions. During the project he also made sure to call me if anything came up. Over a year later and everything still looks great.

Fast forward to this summer, we wanted some additional work done in the yard, to install some tiered planters, and Chris sent someone out the next day to do measurements. I was able to meet Chris this time around and his communication was just as good. About a week after the job was completed, there were a couple concerns I had and Chris sent someone out the next day to take care of it. At the end of the day, my wife is happy with the end result so I'd say it's a job well done!

rflowers
rflowers
0 reviews Vancouver, BC

retaining wall that had been demolished by a car.

I called for an appraisal and estimate. Chris showed up the very next morning, exactly when he said he would. The estimate was in my email before the end of the day. Once the details were agreed upon he was back within two days and began the work. A day & a half later he cleaned up my parking spaces and was done. I am thrilled with the result. This is exactly what I wanted. It replaced an old 4 x 4 cedar retaining wall that had been improperly installed in the first place. Everything Chris said that he would do, he did. Talked to a number of other landscapers, who didn't want the job so they quoted huge figures to scare me off. Most never bothered to call back. Very happy that I have someone that I can call again. His work is outstanding!

Thanks Robert, it was a pleasure working with you. Let me know if you need anything else. chat soon, Chris

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Fence & Gate

We have used this company twice. Once to build a side fence and gate.
We had some issues with the original work but they came back promptly to resolve it. . Second time is when our neighbor accidentally crashed his car into our gate and they came the next day to build us a new one. Very professional, dependable, reliable and prompt.

Thank you for the work Carmen and Ed, hopefully cars stay away from the repaired fencing. Let us know if you need anything else. Chat soon, Chris

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Retaining Wall/Front yard

After several years of looking at a decaying wood tie retaining wall we decided that it was time to give our front yard some well-deserved attention. Some research was done and after comparing details of what needed to be done we hired Terraform Construction. A great choice, Chris and his crew did an amazing job of removing the old wood ties, the outgrown shrubs and a huge amount of dirt.
Despite the rain and overall lousy weather through the week of the project a new 2 tier Allan Block wall was installed. We are very pleased with the end result and the work ethic of Terraform Construction. Chris is very personable and great to deal with, he provided us with a prompt detailed and reasonable estimate. The final result was amazing, it was a pleasure working with you Chris. Thank you, we are thrilled with our new retaining wall.

Thank you for the work, let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Adrian P.
Adrian P.
2 reviews New Westminster, BC

New Patio

We moved from a condo with a huge deck to a house that sadly did not have any outdoor living space in the backyard. We wanted to have an outdoor patio of sorts, so we contacted a few companies, but Terraform really stood out to us for a few reasons. Very personable service throughout their team, a deep understanding of the work we wanted done as well as any obstacles we might face, and fair pricing. Terraform was also accommodating when it came to working around my shift work (so they wouldn't keep me awake during the day when I worked graveyards).

It was a lot of work to dig up and flatten out the area we wanted out patio as our backyard slopes, and it had a ton of big rocks under all that dirt too. They were very cognizant of the gas/water lines in the area and had asked for the paperwork from "call before you dig" as to avoid any issues (although I had this handy already anyway). And all appropriate drainage was installed and functioned well in the rains we had recently

At the end of the project, we had a beautiful patio that we have entertained on, and enjoyed so many times. Can wait for the summer heat to come back so we can spend even more time outside!

Thanks Adrian. Can't wait to work together again soon. Thanks for your review. - Chris

roger.d.donaldson
roger.d.donaldson

Landscaping, tree installation

We needed a new tree in a new location on our landscaped property. Terraform removed our old decaying garden boxes and installed new pavers. The yard looks great and the guys cleaned up well. We paid exactly what we were quoted.

Thanks for your kind words Roger. Looking forward to helping with the back yard when you're ready. Chat soon, Chris

Edgar Lanzador from Vancouver
Edgar Lanzador from Vancouver

Backyard Renovation

I called on Chris and Terraform because they had done really good work at my old place cleaning out my backyard of overgrown weeds then re-seeding and planting new grass, enhancing the aesthetic of the space and making it look larger and more open. I recently moved to a new house where the backyard was all grass and wanted this space to be more functional for entertaining outdoor with some nice deck tile and a storage shed (and no more grass to cut). Chris and his crew did yet another excellent job for me pouring a new concrete slab over the once grassy area which is now perfectly level with a very solid, professional look. Even before the pour Chris did well to advise me on waiting for the right weather conditions and outdoor temperature prior to pouring so as not to compromise the long term integrity of the slab. With the right surface in place we now look forward to laying down some nice deck tile and creating the type of outdoor space we can enjoy! Quality workmanship at a fair price.

A.

Thank you so much for writing this review Edgar. Look forward to helping you on future projects. - Chris

More about Terraform Construction Ltd

Terraform Construction Ltd. is one of Vancouver's premium full service landscaping companies in the metro Vancouver area since 2011. Our landscaping services include landscaping installation, landscaping maintenance, paver stone installation, commercial and residential landscaping services, fence building and repair, bobcat services, retaining walls; block, concrete, and wood, new sod installation, flagstone installation, seeding of new grass, tree removal and trimming, weeding, waterfalls, driveways and walkways, and all of your other landscaping needs. We work in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Richmond, and Surrey.
Contact us today 604.916.6794