Appliance Repairman

89 Connie Cresent Toronto ON L4K 1L3
HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Vaughan  >  Appliance Repairman

Reviews for Appliance Repairman

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

I wish I had checked HOMESTARS first before selecting Appliance Repairman.

I got the $80 quote to come to my house for a dishwasher drain problem.
After he arrives, the repair man quotes me $360.
I wanted to pay an hourly rate since I knew it was a clogged drain that could be quickly repaired. He was done within 45 minutes. I still had to pay the full price.

Mark in Toronto
Mark in Toronto

OMG - run! Don't get involved with these guys.

Quick Google search brought these guys up, they advised that I would have an $80 charge to show up and assess the fridge (wasn't cooling properly). They guy looks at it for 45 seconds and tells me it will be $360 to fix for parts and labour. I ask how long it will take - he says 90 minutes. So in half that time he's done and didn't replace any parts. A) How can a guy assess something in 45 seconds and be so incorrect in his time? B) How does a time and materials charge not get reduced when there were no materials used and the time was 1/2 the estimate? This is just wrong.

Tripping faucet in Newmarket
Tripping faucet in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Don't use this Company!!!

Fridge Part installed cost $80.- (re internet) GE defrost heating assembly they charged $466.20 + Labour Total $888.40. Did not fix it!
On return visit, because first time did not work Part installed is not a genuine GE part cost $17.99 defrost timer, they charged $265.00 took 5 days to come back.
Lost $200.- on Fridge content, because we were away 3 days.
NEVER use them again!!

Daniel in Toronto
Daniel in Toronto

Igor and Appliance repair man deserve to be shut down.

Igor & Appliance repairman is a total fraud company. They charged my parents 280 dollars to "look" at the stove. In reality he spent 10 minutes looking at the mains wire concluding it needs to be replaced. The receipt said looked at the main control board, safety and electrical system. Really? What a joke, the electrical system is literally the entire oven, the "safety system" is the breaker and the control board was clearly fine. I fixed this myself with 60 dollars worth of parts (1 new 4 wire cable and a new terminal block) in about an hour. Your business practice is disgusting and you will be shut down.

Also notice, i said the receipt was for 280 dollars yet i said cost 316? That's because they charged more for nothing on our visa.

Mayfield in Toronto
Mayfield in Toronto

Another poor review

I hope you are reading these reviews and not the reviews on Appliancerepairman.ca. The reviews on their website are all "positive", however, there is no way to post a review on their site ... interesting? It makes you wonder who wrote the positive reviews on their website.
Like the other reviews below ... stay away, totally misleading estimates and the worst customer service ever. I paid $640 and my refridgerator is still not working after going back-and-forth on the phone for two weeks. Save your money and buy a new appliance. Your deserve better.

Displeased_In_Hamilton in Hamilton
Displeased_In_Hamilton in Hamilton
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Wish I had checked this site first ...

Ugh ... wish I had checked this site first ...
So $80 to come check it out and then they give a quote. If you agree to their quote and accept their s$80. I foolishly agreed, had their technician, Nick, come check our dishwasher that wouldn't drain. $360 to clear the drain!!!! 20 minutes and $360 dollars later, this guy leaves and my dishwasher is draining. Okay, sounds good, even though stupidly overpriced. I look, and there is an o-ring sitting by my kitchen sink that certainly wasn't there before: I don't tend to see a lot of o-rings in my life, considering I call a repairman just to get my dishwasher to drain. I try the dishwasher. Drains like a champ. Dishes are still dirty :/. Several weeks later (I went on vacation just after this happened) I call them and tell them what the problem is. They say someone from customer service will call me back. I wait a week, no call. I then call them back again, someone I can barely understand tells me they'll call me back that day. I wait. No call. About four days after that I call (today), and they actually transfer me to a customer service rep (hooray!). That person tells me that for a discounted $50 they can have the same technician come out and look at the dishwasher and determine what needs to be fixed, and will then give me a quote for the cost to fix it. Wait. What?! So, I'll have to pay you a guaranteed additional $50 for you to come back, tell me you forgot to put this o-ring back, and then charge me an additional how much to put it back in?!? Didn't I pay you enough the first time to at least put the dishwasher back together correctly? Why are you charging me for your inability to put the machine back together correctly? Oh, and they told me it could be the drain pump (no issues draining, just cleaning ... so don't know how it could be the drain pump) which will be $424.84 before service fees. What is this place?
****************************************
Avoid like the plague!

sduckworth in Toronto
sduckworth in Toronto

Run away from this company!

Same story as all the other reviews. Make no mistake. This company is out to rip you off. If you are a victim and you want to get your money back they will respond to a threat to file a report with Consumer Protection Ontario. Read my blogpost to learn more: bit(dot)ly(slash)ApplianceRepairman(no space)Ca

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Dishwasher repair

Customer service will told that the technician will visit at your home for $80.00. Once he arrives he says for him to do anything to find out what the problem is will require a payment of $280. Once the diagnosis is ended, you are told a new pump will cost another $585.00 + tax! Actual work was about an hour. Should have cut my losses at $80.00 & buy the new unit which will cost around $1000. Please avoid these company!

Scott in Burlington
Scott in Burlington
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Washing Machine repair

Sounds like a broken record but this company is a joke and needs to be shut down!!....Same thing told 80.00 to come and then once arrived wanted 300.00 to go check it out.......found the problem a 55.00 part (it looked closer to .55 cents)...guy was done in 20 minutes 400.00!!.....Been complaining to them ever since no one calls back....Our machine didn't work again (inside the warranty date) so we called he came again and said it would be another 600.00 lol .....he left and I should have showed him the door the first time....Please pass on your complaints put on facebook... this company is preying on hardworking folks that are just looking for a fair price and quality work...DO NOT USE!!

Private User reviews Newmarket, ON

Banging & Knocking but no fixing

Totally disappointed in this company and the service they provide!!!! All the repairman did was open up the back and bang it a few times. Then tells me I need a new part and that he would call me to give me an estimate. No phone call.

My issue was with my front burner not working. Now, when I turn the back burner on, the front burner turns on too! Safety hazard!!!

I have called customer service 3 times !!! They do not understand how to serve their customers. When I asked who the owners were, I was told that the owners do not deal with customers.....what she should have said was "after they take your money"!!! Steer clear of this company especially if you do not want to be ripped off!!!