Appliance Repairman

Appliance Repairman

Reviews for Appliance Repairman

Alan Smith, Toronto
Alan Smith, Toronto

Bad and, I believe, dihonest. DO NOT USE THEM!

Their ad implies that they are Samsung specialists. I contacted Samsung - they are not accredited and they do not know them. They sent a repairman who had such bad body odor we could not stay in the same room (it took a few days to clear the smell from the room!). He charged for "services" which we are told (by an accredited Smasung repair company) are meaningless ($280) He also charged for a replacement part
that had nothing to do with the issue. The company could provide no proof of this replacement ($160). When I tried to get information from them which would help me in taking the matter to Small Claims Court they refused to provide it - in fact, they would provide no information at all in writing (email) and insisted that we only communicate by 'phone.
I wanted this information in writing so that I could pursue my claim. This has gone on for 6 weeks or so. The problems with the machine which were supposed to have been repaired were NOT repaired. The accredited repairman informed me that this company is not reputable and that they are well-known for this in the industry.
I will be taking them to court as soon as I get a full report from the Samsung Accredited Repair company.

Al in Toronto
Al in Toronto

Beware: Technician Apparently Completely Unqualified: Huge $$$ and appliance still not fixed

Technician, Jerome, came out in answer to our call for service for our fridge that was leaking water. He opened up the freezer section, saw the ice build up and told me it would cost approximately $360. to fix the problem. He subsequently told me the main board was faulty and that the cost would be 3 times that. No warranty on the supposed factory part, money paid by debit, and the problem is not fixed. If anyone has a description of the Jerome who did shoddy work for them, please post it so we can beware.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY

We believed from the advertising and our phone conversation with a company representative that the service call was $80.00. Before signing the contract we were mislead by the serviceman about the labour costs occurring when "the parts required were installed." After signing the contract for parts and repairs to be done in the future we were charged $280 plus tax ($316.39) for alleged "labour done on that day." No labour was done! We were there and witnessed what the serviceman did. He had no tools or parts and just speculated on what needed to be done and charged us the $316.39 for doing nothing. We cancelled the contract but still had to pay the inflated labour cost. Beware of this company.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Don't use this company!!!!!!

Our refrigerator broke on a Sunday morning. I found this company online and requested and appointment. 'Jerome' came a few hours later and inspected the fridge. He said it would most likely be the 'Main Board' but he couldn't tell for sure and needed an authorization to perform the work. After about 45 minutes he claimed he had done 'everything to make the refrigerator work again' and that the compressor was slow to start and if the refrigerator didn't return to a proper temperature within 24 hours (enough time for him to get away) the compressor would have to be replaced for $1300. We were told that they only accepted cash or debit and stupidly paid him. We called a proper repair man on Monday and he fixed the problem within 30 minutes by replacing a part that 'Jerome' said was working. The invoice that 'Jerome' wrote out in front of us had someone else's name and address (this was obviously intentional and I unfortunately noticed after he left). I then noticed that the refrigerator model number listed on the invoice was not even the same brand as ours. As HST was collected on the invoice, I'm not sure how this will square away with Canada Revenue Agency??? I called customer service the next day to inform them that the part that 'Jerome' said was working actually needed to be replaced so we essentially paid for nothing and I wanted a refund. I was told that we 'paid for the labour we received'. In retrospect, it's obvious that 'Jerome' knew very little about refrigerators and was incapable of fixing one. The conduct of this company is shameful. I will be making several formal complaints.

Wayne in Brampton
Wayne in Brampton
0 reviews Ajax, ON

Do yourself a favour and stay far away from this company

If I could give them a minus I would. Stay away from this company!! Wish I'd found this review website before I got involved with these short-term thinkers.
On my initial phone call I was told that if I proceeded with the quote (that their Technician was going to provide the next day during the service call), then the $80 service call fee would go towards the quote. If I decided to not proceed then I'd pay the $80. I thought that was fair and agreed.
Sam, "one of their most senior Technician" I was told later, assessed our equipment and handed me the quote stating that it would cost $316.40 + the cost of the parts to fix, and would be completed within a week. It was too steep a price for me so I agreed to pay the $80 that was initially agreed upon. He replied that I HAD to pay $316.40. I told him that that was not what was relayed to me the day before over the phone. He stated that he was not aware of what I was referring to. We went back and forth a couple times then I decided I'd just pay the $316.40 + the parts cost, as the equipment needed to be repaired within a week before a big event.
Long story short, not fixed within a week. Then after making five phone calls to them over the next three weeks with many promises and reassurances, I finally started proceedings with my credit card company to dispute the charge.

DO NOT CALL THESE PEOPLE

They showed up to fix my washing machine and diagnosed in 5 minutes. Then told me over the phone I had to pay in order for him to continue the work.
Then I realized after he left that the machine was not fixed. Unfortunately I wasn’t home to double check and because I was rushing to find someone I wasn’t as thorough as I usually am.

Private User reviews Waterloo, ON

Dishonest

I bought a house and moved into it - and realized the fridge was not cooling. I was very desperate to repair it, and Appliance Repairman promised fast service, $80 for technician's visit, which seemed fair at that time, - so, I made an appointment.

The technician came on time, was pretty good at making sure I sign all the necessary paperwork, and was very accurate to get my signature before proceeding with any works.

After first diagnostics he told me, "the main board needed replacement" and that it would cost $280.00 plus tax. "However, - he added, - it doesn't guarantee that the fridge will work". He said, that after the board is replaced, then maybe the fridge would work, maybe not. He got my signature that I agree to it. As I said, I was desperate - and exhausted after the move.

When the board was replaced, he announced that the compressor is dead and needs to be replaced too. And the cost was... $1370!!! I told him, that I could buy a new fridge for that amount (in fact, for even less). "But you have a very good, almost brand new fridge!.. You won't buy the same for cheaper than $2500! I am saving you money!"

When I went shopping for fridges, clerks and technicians in stores told me that the real technician would know right away the problem with the compressor, and $1370 is too much for a new compressor.

Unfortunately, I can not do anything except for writing bad reviews about this company and hoping that nobody else will be tricked the same way.

Is there a possibility to write a Google review about them? I see a lot of reviews here, but none - on Google.

Kim
Kim

Refrigerator repair

Charged for a diagnostic to determine cause of fridge not working. A 2nd company who was referred by LG, advised that performing a diagnostic would not have been possible as the test button on the motherboard was not working.
Charged for work that was not even done.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Dishonest and Terrible Customer Service

Came to my home to fix a leak in washing machine. Fixed some stuff and said if it leaks again I need a new outer drum for $900. Sure enough, do laundry and it leaks again. Call them to complain and never get a call back unless I book for a new outer drum.
Call the actual appliance company, and technician says I have a leak in the seal and they show me the hole. Fix that and everything is fine.
Asking Appliance Repair Man for money back and have proof their technician was wrong. Nobody will talk to me there.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. ABSOLUTE RIP OFF!!!

? in Vaughan
? in Vaughan

Horrible company

$361.50 for absolutely nothing done
My fridge is still broken
Customer service is terrible
They hang up on you a snake offer no other solutions other than take you’re money and not fix your appliance. STAY AWAY. You can do a better job yourself with google !!!

Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Vaughan?