Appliance Repairman

Appliance Repairman

Reviews for Appliance Repairman

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Fraud company... DO NOT CALL THEM

I called them to book an appointment for fixing a washing machine. it was an error code F-1 and I knew it was the circuit board. I even told that it was the circuit that needs to be changed when I called to book an appointment and to the technician as well. Iwas told they $80 for the technician to arrive at my home and if I decided to go with the repair the $80 will be deducted. I repeated told the tech it is the circuit board but he said he can fix it and it is not the circuit board and it will total $280 to fix. then he takes the whole washing machine apart and tells me "yea its the circuit board". he charges me $280 for the labour just to open the washing machine plus $580 to replace the circuit board. I could have bough a new washing machine. This company is a fraud company,

Walter in Richmond Hill
Walter in Richmond Hill

Quote to fix stove

Paid for quote to fix stove. Gave my Mastercard number over phone. Was charged over 300.00$ for quote. Total rip off. Criminals! Now fighting Mastercard to get money back. Apparently repair man spent less than 5 minutes looking at stove.

Tatiana in London
Tatiana in London
1 review Aurora, ON

Do not use this company

I am reading all reviews and it’s too late, regrettably, I wish I searched reviewes before calling them. All stories about washing machine repair are the similar scenario. They overcharge for parts x10 times the actual cost (mine part original $35 and I was charged $350). Still not fixed. They don’t provide quote on purpose, as no one would agree to pay that much. First time not fixed, they came days later saying I need another and similar part, and I have to pay for that again! Warranty is just 30 days that not covers fixing days later - misstatement on their papers. Tech just ran away, left all unfixed and said I asked him to leave - really? would anyone ask to leave tech and remain with un-fixed appliance? How customers can be refunded? Is Consumer Protecrion Ontario can do anything g about this company considering how many complaints are there??

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

washing machine repair

I was told it would be a 80 dollar svc fee which would be waived if I decided to go ahead with the repair once quoted. I told the tech I did not want to spend a lot as my washer was 8 yrs old. Bottom line is I had to pay 299.00 because a he took a few minutes to indicate it needed a new drain pump. (not sure if this is even true) and quoted the part cost
of 430.00 + tax. I have since looked up the part and the cost is less than $100. I have had many appliance repairs over the years and this was the worst svc possible. Who charges 300.00 to determine what the problem which took less than 30 minutes? SAVE YOUR MONEY. DO NOT CALL THIS COMPANY

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

BAD company

Never fixed my washer, charged me 1000.00.
And still not fixed. Read other reviews I had the same problems.
They came for 80, charged 300, and then said it was fixed, not fixed, needs new motor another 700, but still not fixed!!

They really took advantage and never fixed the problem, I am going to buy a new machine for 1000.

2000 to address the problem and correct.

Wesley in Brampton
Wesley in Brampton

Dishwasher Repair

I should have read the reviews before choosing this company. I would rate this company less than 1 ..DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY". My Samsung dishwasher was have LE error code. The repair man said $80 to visit to diagnose the problem and if we use the service the $80 would be subtracted from the total bill..fair enough. The guy name Romy told me that the digital board is not communicating with the washer and he can fix it right now for $295 + tax. After much deliberation my wife and I decided to proceed. After about 20 minutes he said that it's okay and it's good to go but if it stops working then we will need to change the motor costing about $513. As soon as he left the LE error was up again. I called the 1877 number and without a technician revisiting this work the customer service rep said to me I have to buy the motor to have this working. Are you kidding me the $333 was only for his labour for nothing and with the cost of the motor this will run me close to $900 ...now I have to contemplate a new dishwasher all because of the money grabbing company that offers no real solution.

Eli in Richmond Hill
Eli in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

rude, not responsible and ignore what they told us and did!

Even one star is a lot for them !
Very bad and rude ! They charged us 320 for not fixing the problem !
they changed what they said and what they did , not responsible at all for their action.
they came to our house , after 6 hours delay , they charged us for fridge, then said problem is not the fridge ! it is dishwasher, we asked him to fix it . he said he doesn't want, as he might to damage the cabinet.
we called them , they hang up on us couple of the time!
we had another company to come and fix the dishwasher , and we paid again . the problem was the fridge . the other company fixed it.
then we called them , they asked for the invoice to refund the money .
after sending invoice and waiting on the phone for hours, they said no we didn't say that , we will not give your money back , you paid it yourself and you made your decision when you paid it.
(they hang up most of the time in the middle of waiting , and then they say you didn't call us at all!)
the woman was too rude and keep changing what we have been told , and at the end ignore them all.
if you call them, record all the talking and all their not educated technician is doing at your home ,as they will ignore them all

mario in Milton
mario in Milton
2 reviews Milton, ON

BAD COMPANY

Wow...I should have read the reviews.... Young guy shows up in a car with NO PARTS! Tries to fix it and fails and said it was $280 for attempting to fix this.....BEWARE!!!! DON'T Make the same mistake I did

Felicia in Vaughan
Felicia in Vaughan

Buyer Beware - even look at BBB these people are fraud artists

There's hope ! Please see a customer who experienced identical problems too all us us who recovered her money. https://sylviaduckworth.com/blog/ Let's work together to shut this company down. They are violating laws as per the Ontario Conumber Protection Act
When Tech arrived I went with him downstairs to the laundry room and told him in great detail what the issue was and told him the error codes that I was facing. I then told him that based on the manual the error codes had something to do with a communication error between the main control board and motor control – F6 E1. He told me he would perform the diagnostic, and figure out the issue and asked me to leave him alone while doing so. After being downstairs for five minutes the technician comes back upstairs advises that the problem,word for word, was exactly as stated in the manual and exactly what I told him when he arrived. This was his basis of collecting $80. He then says that he needs to figure out where the actual issue is and he’s going to have to open the machine up. He says in order to do so, that companywide, there is a $280.00 charge, and that includes labor and fixing the problem whether it includes wires, sockets etc. Isn't this what a diagnose is???? I was extremely hesitant stating that if job was more than this I wouldn’t pursue as I would buy a new machine, he stated the machine is $1600 and urged me to proceed stating that in his experience he can usually always fix for the $280 cost but if there were extra parts I would have to pay, and told me he isn’t a “magician”. He stated it was a common problem where they have the parts for, and stated he remains positive, he’s an “optimist”. He gave me false hopes which is why I signed, he’s the “expert”. I must also add that my appointment window was 12-3 the technician called me and requested an earlier appointment which I agreed to, and 2 of my children under 5 were present. It was very loud, and near impossible to concentrate. I signed under duress and not with a clear mind. I ended up signing the document. After spending 15-20 minutes downstairs “figuring” out where the problem actually was which he should of done for the $80 diagnostic fee like EVERY OTHER TECHNICIAN DOES, he then comes upstairs and tells me that I have a total of 4 issues. He claims 2 he “fixed” and 2 he cannot, and needs 2 additional parts totaling between $600 – 700, and this is on top of the $280 charge to tell me what the actual problem was. When he presented me the bill, 2 of the 4 issues were listed, and creatively added up to equal $280.00 initial charge. He then adds in comments that 2 additional parts are required. In my past experience, when I’ve had appliances needing service I have had the technician spend the time to look at the machine to figure out what the exact problem was, and only after the technician actually took the time to see what the issue is they would advise the exact problem that needed to be fixed and at that point the customer decides whether to proceed with the job or not. An $80 diagnostic fee is to determine the exact issue, and then have the consumer decides whether they want to proceed with a clear understanding of the issue - when a mechanic says there’s a diagnostic fee they determine the exact problem and have the customer decide whether to proceed. Should I have been told after inspecting the machine properly that it what this extensive part and that the cost would’ve been $800 I would never have signed the document at all. I would’ve paid the $80, and told the technician to leave. I got mislead and tricked, and because my kids were downstairs, and I could barely hear and I was desperate, I made a decision and got tricked!
 Furthermore when booking the service call over the phone I directly asked if parts are required what am I obligated to pay when the technician is here - she clearly stated nothing if we want to proceed with the work the $80 diagnostic fee is waived, and regarding parts there would be no charges incurred until after the parts arrive. The technician that came said I that I would have to pay for labor cost all up front and 50% of parts. In addition, should the $280 fee but a "company wide" charge, should the consumer not be told this upfront along with the $80 Diagnostic when booking the appointment so we can then assess if they can enter our home??!!! I did not pay the technician for the appointment. I have contact the BBB and they emailed them directly with resolution as the technician threatened to take me to collections and legal - he said "they will get their money lady". When questioning what exactly he did for the $80 diagnostic charge, he couldn’t even give a reasonable answer that is when I understood that This company was completely unethical and works under Unfair Business Practice. He started becoming rude, and clearly angry, and that is when my husband stepped in, and he then settled down.  It was extremely uncomfortable and I had 2 kids who I just put for their nap and I didn’t want to scare him. I told him to leave and I would discuss with management. I have never ever done a service or even purchased anything without checking a review first. The first thing I did when he left was googled, and my stomach dropped when I saw the 100s of people these people have robbed.
This company is a completely unethical and breaks many laws within the Consumer Protection ACT and I have no idea how they are even legally around. With every review stating the identical problem, and statements, how are they open?? Please shut these con-artist down. Situations like this is why as a women I am so afraid to deal with Trades. I have never in my entire life had this type of direct sm occur when a customer is vulnerable and in need of help.

Please Please Please go to the BLOG I listed above, follow the customer who recovered her monies template, and report these people to the BBB and file a claim with the Ontario Protection Act. This is the only way once and for all we can take action and prevent people like this from entering our home and violating us.

dindar
dindar

Complex billing policy

I have a rental condo. My tenant called that the dishwasher was not cleaning the top drawer dishers. I asked her to call Appliance repairman. She was quoted 80 dollars for the service and if any work is done there would be additional cost but 80 dollars would be waived. I spoke to technician after he inspected the unit and told me what needed to be replaced Total cost would be 280 dollars. I asked to go ahead and paid him with visa after he had done the job. The bill stated that it needed more parts over 600 dollars. The technician did not tell me that on the phone but it was on bill that my tenant signed. I purchased a new dishwasher from Leons. .

Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Vaughan?