John's Home Comfort HVAC

North York ON M6M2L7
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in North York  >  John's Home Comfort HVAC

Reviews for John's Home Comfort HVAC

Mike in Richmond Hill
Mike in Richmond Hill

Furnace repair

I called John to fix a minor problem with the furnace. He arrived to my house and, after looking at furnace for 3 min, told me that this is a major problem that will require a lot of work. Then he told me that my piping for hot water tank is not up to standard and issued the red tag (meaning that if it's not repaired within 20 days I will have gas disconnected). Then he told me that only he can clear this red tag... so it was poor extortion. Plus I got to pay $150 bill for his 3 min visit. Called another furnace technician next day, he charged me $115, fixed the problem with furnace (it was a minor tune-up) and cleared the tag, which apparently was issued "erroneously".

Amy, mom & home owner in Toronto
Amy, mom & home owner in Toronto

tankless hot water unit

I called John, as he was listed as a service rep for our hot water unit. He came within 45 mins. and fixed the problem for us! He was able to turn our hot water back on and trouble shoot problems we didn't know existed. John was kind, polite and hard working! I would totally recommend his services.

Kate from Toronto
Kate from Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Service to Furnace, assess other issues

John was excellent. He: (1) serviced the furnace; (2) advised us about a gas line that was installed over the unit which is not recommended; and (3) identified the source of a problem we were having with the furnace blowing hot air once a day, interfering with air condiditoning. He is coming back to give us quotes on installing a gas line to our balcony for the BBQ, and some options for increasing the effectiveness of our system this winter, likely through the installation of a reserve tank. John is efficient, friendly, knowledgable, and thorough. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.