John's Home Comfort Hvac

Reviews for John's Home Comfort Hvac

MDH in Old Toronto
MDH in Old Toronto

HVAC Maintenance

This firm has installed both furnace and air conditioner for us. Does annual maintenance. Excellent service. Diligent, polite, and thorough. I would recommend them to anyone who values timely and honest service.

L & C in North York
L & C in North York

Heating and Air conditioning

We have been dealing with John since 2014 when our furnace was originally improperly installed, and we had to take the installer to court. John came in, recognized the improper install and corrected the problems. We have always found John to be honest and professional and we recommend his company.

L & C
Toronto

MikeB
MikeB

HVAC Maintenance & Repair

As he always does, John completed his annual maintenance of our HVAC system. He's been servicing our home for over 7 years and (fingers crossed) we've not had a major issue with our furnace one bit.
His pricing is fair and he's honest with minor fixes that are required to keep our furnace running optimal. I highly recommend his service and refer him to all my family and friends!

Cris in East York
Cris in East York

Fast Response and Quality Service

We had another company who regularly serviced our furnace, red tag the system and left us with no heat. The first company provided a quote on a piece of paper with minimal details. We had John’s Home comfort provide a quote and were impressed by their detailed information and warranty for the work and the furnace and air conditioner. The work was done efficiently and the work area was tidy. John was helpful and responsive.

Henrique in Toronto
Henrique in Toronto
1 review , ON

Boiler Repair

I called John after finding him on the internet to fix my boiler. John came quickly, which was great since I did not have any hot water. However, he told me right away that there was a major problem with my installation and that he would have to reinstall everything to fix the problem, which would be expensive and would require a lot of time. I asked him to at least do a quick fix so I could have some hot water, which he did, then charged me for 2 hours after spending less than 1h30m for a service that he could have had completed in 30 min. Because of this red flag, I called another technician who came and said that my installation was just fine. Based on this experience and the comment from another user, it seems like he really likes to overstate problems. Beware!

Mike in Richmond Hill
Mike in Richmond Hill

Furnace repair

I called John to fix a minor problem with the furnace. He arrived to my house and, after looking at furnace for 3 min, told me that this is a major problem that will require a lot of work. Then he told me that my piping for hot water tank is not up to standard and issued the red tag (meaning that if it's not repaired within 20 days I will have gas disconnected). Then he told me that only he can clear this red tag... so it was poor extortion. Plus I got to pay $150 bill for his 3 min visit. Called another furnace technician next day, he charged me $115, fixed the problem with furnace (it was a minor tune-up) and cleared the tag, which apparently was issued "erroneously".

Amy, mom & home owner in Toronto
Amy, mom & home owner in Toronto
4 reviews North York, ON

tankless hot water unit

I called John, as he was listed as a service rep for our hot water unit. He came within 45 mins. and fixed the problem for us! He was able to turn our hot water back on and trouble shoot problems we didn't know existed. John was kind, polite and hard working! I would totally recommend his services.

Kate from Toronto
Kate from Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Service to Furnace, assess other issues

John was excellent. He: (1) serviced the furnace; (2) advised us about a gas line that was installed over the unit which is not recommended; and (3) identified the source of a problem we were having with the furnace blowing hot air once a day, interfering with air condiditoning. He is coming back to give us quotes on installing a gas line to our balcony for the BBQ, and some options for increasing the effectiveness of our system this winter, likely through the installation of a reserve tank. John is efficient, friendly, knowledgable, and thorough. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in North York?