Ply Gem Windows & Doors

Reviews for Ply Gem Windows & Doors

R. Erickson  in Fort Qu'Appelle
R. Erickson in Fort Qu'Appelle
1 review Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Lack of interest in product

After 5 calls since April no one will help with warranty. We have had 3 window break their seal. 2 got fixed and now my kitchen window is fogged. Sick of lack of interest. I know we have to pay milage, but no one will help us.

DainCity in Edmonton
DainCity in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

New home, horrible doors.

We built a new home for which the builders used Ply Gem windows and door. Ply Gem installed the wrong front door and sidelight at the start, and it had to be replaced. We found out that sidelight was not sealed, so it leaks when water hits it. They did not install a screen window as per the plan, but we sucked it up and are doing without a screen in our living room. Worst thing now is the back door. The frame it not square, so the door catches at the top (see photo). They used four different type of screws on the hinges and latches (see photo). The weather seal is torn up. And the wood frame itself is chipped and torn up all around the frame (see photo). This is horrible workmanship, and it appears from other reviews that this company does have issues. No doubt they are less expensive then other companies and that is why builders use them (to save money). But the customer is stuck with their horrible workmanship.

Gato in Edmonton
Gato in Edmonton

New Home

Build our home we purchase windows from Ply Gem. the main entrance window is not straight . I called the builder who forward me to this company. Ply Gem told me the windows are under warranty however . they never honored the warranty. We paid out of pocket to replace the window. Sales person pretend to be out when went to talk to him, poor customer services at receptionist desk, company never return calls.
I will advise everyone to choose csrefully, avoid these company

New windows in duplex

Where should I start..From day 1 The communication with the Salesman is terrible the least I can say..countless emails ,phone calls not returned.wrong order placed with different size windows.they want the deposit right away!!waiting for window over 2 months still don't know where it is!Customer service not returning any call or if I get somebody to talk to "I'm new,don't know what is going on"? That is the answer..Anyway the sales rep is the worst I have ever seen.. Not telling thruth at all .He must have taken a school how to do it .I can't comment on quality or service yet ,still waiting for window!

ClarenceD in Edmonton
ClarenceD in Edmonton

Ply Gem Customer service is the worst I've ever encountered

Two years after we moved into a brand new home with Ply Gem Windows the lower drip seal mouldings started to warp and pull out of the slots. I thought okay no big deal it's clearly a warranty issue. Tried to call Ply Gem to get replacements and was told I had to go through their "Home Owner Hotline" and a rep would contact me. Well after a few weeks and resubmitting my request multiple times I finally got a rep who said the moulding was not available anymore but maybe I could get it from Chinook windows and Doors in Calgary. Turns out they couldn't get the moulding either. So I drove to Ply Gem to talk to them in person but was told there was no one available to talk and I would have to go through the Hotline again. After two months and more email submissions I was told the moulding could be ordered but they wouldn't cover it under warranty. At this point I just wanted to be done with it so I got a quote for $120 and was told they would install it. On the day of the appointment they came but only repaired one window but left a message that they would repair the next window the following day.
Well they never did show up again so I had to call ply gem again.
They said the work was completed and once again I had to send email photos to prove it was not the case. After waiting a few days and not hearing anything I called again and was assured that it was going to replaced Oct 9th. Well once again they did not show up so I am in the process of calling them again. And by the way the quote was $120 but the charge on my MasterCard was $240 which is another issue. This process started July 17th 2017 and is still not resolved. If this issue ever does gets resolved I will never ever have anything to do with Ply Gem again !

Windows

Build our home in 2014 we purchase windows from Ply Gem. Three Windows started leaking water from the top whenever it rains. I called the builder who forward me to this company. Ply Gem told me the windows are under warranty however I have to pay $107.00 and leave a credit card on file to get the warranty service. We refuse and they never honored the warranty. We paid out of pocket to replace the windows.
I will advise everyone to choose csrefully, avoid these company who does not honor warranty or make you pay to get it.

1 review Mayerthorpe, AB

new home

4 years after having this window installed, the unit seal went. When we went to replace the sealed unit, there was considerable rot on the bottom exterior wood. Plygem states that the rot was caused by neglect on our behalf. As home owners we state that the wood rotted due to the exterior seal being faulty.
Plygem refuses to warranty this item and wants us to pay to have someone come to our home and look at the window.
NEVER again will I purchase a plygem window, they do not stand behind their products and their customer service when you do have a problem is terrible.

AMay in Grande Prairie
AMay in Grande Prairie
1 review Grande Prairie, AB

Terrible after sale support!

Stuck with Ply Gem windows as choose by my contractors. They showed up to mount the hardware after the house was finished. Dented a shutter. But, super rude employees. Was to get a phone call back from the manger in Edmonton in 48 hours and have yet to hear from anyone. Very frustrating experience with these people. GO TO ANOTHER SUPPLIER,

Cas in Toronto
Cas in Toronto
1 review Stettler, AB

New Home

Windows delivered were not correct as per order. Still waiting for correct windows. One was cracked when it arrived, which can happen I suppose. Hopefully the replacement for that one will arrive with the others.
We ordered beige vinyl which was very disappointing!! The beige is a definite GREEN tint! I was so disgusted! Now need to find window coverings that will hide our green windows!

Joe in Toronto
Joe in Toronto

Very Satisfied

I was very satified with the way my windows were made and installed. They turned out like I wanted them and the workers were very nice and cooperative. Thanks you and we will recomend to friends!!!