Garage Door Repair North York

Garage Doors & Hardware
30 canterbury pl North York ON M2N0B9
HomeStars  >  Garage Doors & Hardware in North York  >  Garage Door Repair North York

Review for Garage Door Repair North York

Khiem Le  from Toronto
Khiem Le from Toronto

Needed a Garage Door Torsion Spring Replaced

I phoned the company and asked for someone to come and replace a single torsion spring on my garage door that had broken. They quoted me $33 service charge and a $125-175 fee which would include the service charge.

When they arrived, they then gave me a quote of $285 and then recommended that I replace the cables for $120 as well which to me looked still in decent shape.

Needless to say I didn't appreciate the discrepancy of 100+ % in the quote.

I've also taken a look at how to do this online and the torsion spring costs as low as $60-70 on amazon to order. It's ridiculous that a company would try and gouge when they know you need something fixed and after they've already quoted you one price.

I ended up paying the $33 and will look elsewhere for this service.