Consumers Choice

Toronto ON

Reviews for Consumers Choice

tsalsberg in Toronto
tsalsberg in Toronto

Replacement of two bay windows (3, per bay)

My bay windows, four decades old, were obsolete and thus unrepairable. Replacing them with Consumer's Choice was a good move for me. Here's why:

1. I got a great discount from the owner, Stan, and his son, David, largley thanks to my being friends with a close member of their family. This was obviously a privilege and I appreciate it.

2. The rapport between myself and all those I interacted with at Consumer's Choice, not just Stan and David, was very good, never with any significant delays, and the professionalism was high. For example, one expert there explained to me over the phone, when I expressed concern about a Winter installation, how cold weather is no problem with the special all-weather materials they use. The installers, Luca and Alex, were especially competent, kind, considerate and friendly.

3. The quality of the windows installed was and remains great. Some of the features I had never seen nor heard of before, like the easy to install or remove window screens, the hideaway smoothly moving rotating handles for opening and closing the glass part of the screen windows, and the triple glaze centre windows filled with argon gas for energy efficiency.

4. I appreciated the high quality of work done by the re-measurer and installers. It was a wonder seeing the expertly applied caulking; it was like watching a master artist work. On top of doing a job for me as if doing it for their own home, Luka and Alex took extra time to put back in place my time-consuming old-fashioned living room drapes, which are bulky, layered, heavy and held up with dozens of hooks and eyes.

The only drawback I feel a bit bothered by was the length of time it took from the day I signed the contract, the 2nd of October, 2017, to the day the windows were installed, the 21st of December, 2017. On the other hand, even though I was told it would be a two day job, Luca and Alex did the installation of two bay windows -- one upstairs and another on the main floor -- all in one day. Installation would have been much more difficult if we had to continue on into the 22nd of December because on that day there was a heavy snowfall. Luca and Alex worked hard, and steadily, with their full concentration on the job in order to avoid that problematic weather.

Door inatallation

Delay after delay after delay. Refuse to admit they are at fault. zero communication and didn’t resend to emails. 6 weeks quickly turned to 4 months and counting. I’m still waiting for my doors and it’s freezing cold outside. They don’t care.

lamp1962@ymail.com in North York
L. 2.

Simple Window Replacement ...4 Months and Counting

This letter details the process that I have been chasing to get one window repaired since July 15th , 2017.
The following letter was sent to Consumers Choice Windows on Saturday, October 14th. Two business days have lapsed since then. I have had no reply, no attempt to rebook a service call, let alone a reply from the owner.

October 15, 2017

To Owner,
President, Consumers Choice Windows

Hello Sir.
I wanted to thank you for the great windows that you had installed at my house close to 10 years ago. Your workers truly upheld the statement that you posted on your website:

…we are committed to providing you with a level of service and workmanship of such excellence that you would, without hesitation, recommend us to a friend, a neighbour or a relative. I thank you for choosing Consumer’s Choice Home Improvements. Sincerely, ----------- President & CEO

Unfortunately, it does not seem to be the case with our recent interaction with your company.
In mid July, we needed to repair a broken glass panel on one of the door side lights at our house . I called your company to do the work as you would be the group who would best be able to match the original glass panel.
I called on July 15 and reached your associate. She was unable to provide an estimate for replacement at the time. My thought was that an estimate should likely take a day at most. I made three separate attempts to inquire on the 17th, 22nd and 29th of July. On August 2nd I received a reply from Representative A after yet another call to your company. Representative A neglected to state the method of payment as part of the proceedings, causing further phone calls to clarify and thus further delays. I suggested that I would pay by cheque but no one arrived to take my money for several days.

I am actually unclear as to how I paid for the window. I believe I paid with my credit card and held back 10 %. Had I known this delay was going to be so extended, I would have held back the opposite. We endured another set of calls to schedule an installation, sometime between August 9th and early September. We were told in one conversation that this was the file of a Representative B who was to call us. No calls came from this person that we were aware of. We called and reached her.
Representative B told my wife that the installer could come for a Friday in mid September. We could not get time off work for this and settled for a Saturday installation on October 14th between 10 and 2. This is three weeks later! It appears here that there was no acknowledgement that this process had already been strung along for two months. At least this should guarantee that the materials will be ready to go on the scheduled day.
Today, October 14 came and went with no call from any member of your company to say they could not honour the appointment. I was scheduled to go to work that day but stayed home to bring some finality to this matter. When I called the company at 1:45, the service representative C stated that when she reached out to the installer, he stated he could not come to do the work in part because the part was not available. The reason I paid in advance was to assure the part was paid for and delivered for installation. Given the amount of time your company had to plan for this repair, it is stunning how inept it makes your group look.
I was “promised” someone would call to make another appointment on Monday. It is now Tuesday and no one has contacted us. We are now onto the 4th month of miscommunications and delays in the effort to repair a very basic window panel. You have my money. I have nothing to show for it but a great deal of frustration. Please tell me that this issue will be resolved before this week is over or refund my money so I can reach out to a more competent group who can do the work in a reasonable amount of tie.
As well, please tell me how you plan on regaining my faith in your company so that I “would, without hesitation, recommend (you) to a friend, a neighbour or a relative.”

Steve Johnston  in Colborne
Steve Johnston in Colborne
2 reviews Colborne, ON

Windows and siding

We recently chose to use consumers choice only because they could do more than just windows we ordered our windows and siding for our home in March the salesman had forgotten a sidelite for our front door and a window were missed which put the job behind a month well they finally delivered on the windows that are not bad windows but very over priced and after 4 months we got a call from the siding installer to say he would start Thursday and I removed my front deck and then I get a call from the salesman only to be told they cant get the siding we ordered then they gave us a discount when we ordered initially and then told us we couldn't have the discounted price because they aren't able to do the siding I would strongly recommend using another company they held up our home renovation and didn't even apologize when they made a mistake I recommend people should shop around and avoid the experience we had with consumers choice
Steve Johnston

byrnewolfson in Dundas
byrnewolfson in Dundas
1 review Hamilton, ON

Windows

I had all the windows in my house replaced. Luca, the installer, was courteous, clean, and fast-working and he did a great job. We are very happy with the product. However, the next day I noticed that Luca forgot one line of caulking on one of the windows. I called Consumers Choice to ask them to have him come back. They said they would, but he never came. I have called a total of 4 times, and emailed once, and I have never received a return phone call. Since then, one of the screens on a second floor slider window fell out (on a day when nobody was in the house) and I need that put back up as well. The product may be good, but the service is extremely lacking and I would be very hesitant to recommend this company as a result.

C. Ferguson in Ajax
C. Ferguson in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

New windows

Consumers Choice is an amazing company from beginning to end! We had great communication from customer service and the installation team was great! Cleaned up after every window completed! We are very satisfied with the windows, can hardly hear the traffic and we live on a busy street.

Peter a.
Peter a.

New Windows

We were first very satisfied with Mike who sold the windows to us. He was friendly, professional and patient. He offered different options made suggestions and even made a second visit when we had some minor changes and questions.
The installers were first rate, very professional. They worked tirelessly to install the windows. They were very neat from beginning to end. Highly recommend them.

Bijou in
Bijou in
4 reviews Innisfil, ON

Windows and patio door

The best service and very helpful friendly people. The work and quality were more than I had expected. I would highly recommend your company to anyone who needs windows.
Well worth it.

Basement window replacement

Had a pleasant experience overall. Installer was polite and professional. Also left me with some extra caulking should I wanted to fill any or my other windows. Product is well constructed.

Teresa
Teresa

Windows

Had my windows replaced quite pleased with the job
From the sales representative to the installers very happy with the result. Only one thing try to clean the glass somehow it looks streaky I've tried different solutions somehow haven't found the right one.