Piper Plumbing Heating & Drain Cleaning

Reviews for Piper Plumbing Heating & Drain Cleaning

gameiro
gameiro

Kitchen and bathrooms

Fantastic service and was the only trade during the renovations that actually understood that sometimes things don't go as planned. Not once gave us an excuse but only solutions how to help us! Congrats not many businesses out there anymore like yours!!

Works fine, but a touch sloppy

The job was to replace a drain stack and swap out the home's galvanized piping with PEX. The faucets, drains and other fixtures all technically work, to be sure, but in hindsight I would have paid the $1000 or so extra that it would have cost to go with a contractor who paid a bit more attention to detail.

When Piper arrived, the basement was already equipped with a floor drain that sat at the center of a concrete pad that had been carefully angled to direct water towards this drain. After paying $500 for "replace floor drain," however, I came in to find that they'd half-heartedly filled in the original floor drain and installed a new one on one of the highest points of the basement floor. Seriously; you can now pour water directly onto the new drain, and it will leak off and puddle elsewhere on the concrete floor. Most of the basement would have to be under half an inch of water before the drain had any utility.

This almost became particularly relevant since, two weeks after work completed, the new plumbing sprang a leak, dripping water into the basement (fortunately, I caught it before it did any damage).

Piper was quick to fix the leak, to be sure, but their workman tracked thick mud throughout the upstairs and stained the bathroom floor yellow.

Also, little things: Like how some roughed-in faucet connections were installed at an angle. This is a pretty small and easily avoided mistake, but one that makes it a dramatic pain to install new faucets.

The vast majority of the plumbing works fine; the faucets run, the sinks drain and the toilets flush. So I cannot say I didn't get what I ordered, but I just felt that the details were missing.

Review has 1 previous version

Interesting, we take huge pride In our work and always make sure the customer is 100% satisfied before payment in full. We always leave the customers home with them satisfied.

I did some research and found that this job was finished in October 2015 and only now the review was done.

This house could of been easily a knock down. The basement floor was in horrible shape. Trying to match the new pour with the old pour is impossible unless you are completely redoing the basement floor all together.

When replacing the old cast iron under ground plumbing, everything needed to be replaced. We moved the floor drain to its proper location so it wouldn't be in front of the future bathroom door.

Detail to the plumbing repipe was given and also with regards to the future bathroom. We had also crunched numbers to accommodate his budget without compromising any plumbing. The total job was not 7500 it was under 6500. I was surprised by the customers review after crunching numbers, looking at future details, and a green sticker from city inspector.
We take this serious and do our best.

Jonathan in Saint Albert
Jonathan in Saint Albert
1 review St. Albert, AB

Basement renovation

Dave was exceptional - organized and very efficient. He even went above what we expected. Whenever there were unexpected outcomes, he fixed things right away. He is the best contractor we had on the project - polite gentle and understanding. His working partner, Doug is also very professional. Love that he brings his dog on projects too.

Update: Dave came in to connect our gas place yesterday. I was so impressed that he did all he could to get us a fitting that was needed to connect the fireplace to the gas line. His price was also very reasonable compared to other contractors. A lot of contractors could learn numerous things from Dave and Doug.

dfishk3
dfishk3

Plumbing

Timely response to a clogged kitchen sink drain. Got the job done with no muss & fuss. Also like discount available for signing up to smart phone app. I had some trouble with app & Dave & Lyle followed up to ensure no problems. Thanks guys

Draining like new

Wendy
Wendy

Loose kitchen tap

Very efficient . Didn't have to make multiple calls. Described the problem to David via email, received fair and instant quotes.
Job completed without hassle and everything communicated via email which worked out perfectly for me. Excellent service! Will definitely recommend Piper plumbing .

Tap back to normal.

rp
rp
1 review Edmonton, AB

hot water tank maintenance and replace kitchen faucet

excellent service, very knowledgeable, completed the work as discussed, very professional, very satisfied with their work and will recommend to others

Thank you for the business.

tructhh
tructhh
3 reviews Sherwood Park, AB

Gas fittings for appliances

David fitted a new gas line from our meter for our future range and basement fireplace.

Gas Range ready to go.

More about Piper Plumbing Heating & Drain Cleaning

My name is David Tiefenbach and I am from Regina Saskatchewan. I moved to Edmonton in 2005 and started my own business in 2006. I have 18 years experience under my belt and have taken a fair amount of outside training in customer service. At Piper Plumbing you will experience ...
Looking for Plumbing pros in Edmonton?