Astara windows

Coquitlam BC V3B6L1

Reviews for Astara windows

1 review North Vancouver, BC

Window replacement

Our older home needed a complete window refresh which was a big and scary thought. Our past experience with contractors working on our unique home always brought unpleasant surprises. Our window project was no exception – but our experience was! We are very grateful to Steve and his team at Astara for their professionalism, diligence, hard work and respect. We would highly recommend Steve and his team to undertake any window challenge. They have proven they will deliver. Highlights of our experience include:
• Great advice – Steve know his windows and he understands the need to put the right windows in the right place. One of our challenges was fitting new windows to suit the look of our old house. Although we were sad to see the old character windows go, Steve’s recommendations look great. Needless-to-say, they work great as well.
• Value adds - Not only did Steve and his team replace our windows, they also replaced and painted the old wood trim. Also, the staff were a pleasure – professional, polite, hard-working, reliable, and respectful. They were not fazed by the challenges presented by our old home where nothing is straight or square. We knew our sun room would be a challenge – and it was – but it now looks fabulous
• Project management: Steve kept us informed of the status of the windows, when he was expecting to come…but more importantly, letting us know when there were delays and why.
• Quote – The price was competitive. Best of all, Steve stayed true to the original quote even though extra time was incurred.

R.L. from Vancouver
R.L. from Vancouver
5 reviews Vancouver, BC

Great service, great price, great product

Had windows and skylights replaced and the whole process was quick. One of the window screen wasn't sitting flush and just one phone call was all it took to get Steve to come back and fix it. No ifs or buts. Very happy with the service and overall experience.

Phil in Coquitlam
Phil in Coquitlam
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Window Replacement

Astara is an amazing company and I highly recommend them. What impressed me the most about Astara is that Steve the owner actually took his time to listen to what I needed instead of just offering up the latest and greatest product. Every other contractor that looked at my place told me e-cubed windows were the way to go because they are the most energy efficient. Steve actually took the time to look around and recognize that getting enough light into the house is the biggest issue. He showed me the difference in energy savings between various window products (a very small difference between the most energy-efficient window versus what he recommended) and that the one with the slightly lower energy savings would let in a whole lot more light.

Steve is also passionate and meticulous about his work and treats people with respect and courtesy. He also hires people that are the same way. His installers were stuck in traffic on their first day and instead of just showing up when they showed up, they actually called me to let me know they would be running late. Once they showed up, their entire crew introduced themselves and the crew lead took 15 minutes to review the work with me before they started. As a project manger that has worked on hundreds of engineering, construction and monitoring projects, this 15 minutes to review all work is the biggest reassurance that the boots on the ground actually want to make sure the customer is happy. I don't know how many times I have had to chase workers down to make sure they had the right information. For some reason, the work crews just assume they have all the information they need from head office. Luckily Astara doesn't fit that bill. They care that they are doing the job right and they take the time to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Once the job was done, Steve came around, inspected the work and quickly followed up on anything that we thought needed something extra (like slightly larger bumpers for the sliding door). I've dealt with a lot of contractors and consultants throughout my life and Steve and his crew from Astara are some of the best. If you're looking for someone to slap something in, without caring about quality then go with someone else. If you want to work with quality people, have a top quality product and be proud of the job that was done, then go with Astara.

e walter
e walter
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Window and Door Renovation

My philosophy with choosing a service or product is this.
Tell me the what, how and why you are going to do to fix the problem. Tell me in clear concise terms what it is going to cost. When do you start and finish. Show me your insurance and guarantee of your work or product.
Above all, keep the sales pitch for a TV or radio ad, not for me.

I have 34 windows in aluminum frames. The frames were good but the glass was done for. Fogged up and let in UV, fading carpets and upholstery. I wanted to keep the look. Vinyl replacement frames would have required extensive re-modeling of the Tudor style house.

I went through 7 interviews with trades people and or sales people and I booted them all out.
I met the disinterested, the extreme, the dishonest and the underhanded, no tax pay me cash types. The latter got the boot right away. So I pay you cash and save 200 bucks. Where is my written guarantee? None and no receipt you say! So who do I go back to if I have a problem?

So this skinny guy comes over have a look and by this time I have got plenty of practice with the interview part. What separated him right away was that he actually appeared to care about his work, the quality of his crew and their workmanship. He understood my view and came up with ideas to support and visualize the change.
Steve, the skinny guy, promoted an alteration only if it meant to be a benefit fitting in with our needs. He took his time to think about what he was going to do. As we moved forward there were changes that needed to be made. Steve was flexible without any alarmist stuff coupled with some crazy price to go along with it.
So we went with Steve and his crew. All new glass and screens were installed.
Half way through the project I decided I could use a new front entry door and a more complete replacement for our patio sliding door. Steve came up with ideas and we proceeded.

What a difference! Heating bills have dropped, house is cooler in summer, and the new entry doors look great.
The work went without issue and I have not had one call back.
Compared to my neighbours who have had similar work done with others and have to either call back or call some one else for adjustment.
As it has been said said. Why pay for it twice when you can pay once and have done right the first time.
I highly recommend Astara for your project.

Karen  from Maple Ridge
Karen from Maple Ridge
2 reviews Maple Ridge, BC

New Doors and Windows

We had just bought a house over 2 1/2 years ago and went to the homeshow seeking great companies to renovate our new home. That's where we met the wonderful Astara crew. We told them of our concerns (old house, tight timeline, etc.) they never once batted an eyelash. They simply made sure we were well informed and we could just see how enthusiastic they were about their product. A few days later, knowing we were under a time crunch, they contacted us about coming to look at the house. They were on time and were very detailed; asking us questions, taking pictures, listening to our needs and always gave suggestions but were never once just trying to 'sell' me something. They wanted to simply help and make our lives easier and better. Once we decided to hire them for the job, it was an endless stream of communication. If we had questions, they were answered promptly and with great detail. Steve was super organized and gave us a binder with all our information and more. Simon came to start the two day project and was always on time, even stayed a bit late to make sure it was done properly and to the best of anyone's ability. Even my neighbor came to ask him questions and comment on his job. Simon was very friendly and outgoing, very tidy and always double checking everything. When we ran into a few problems (carpenter ants, who'd eaten our wall under the main window, or the weird set up of our sliding door) Simon came and found me to explain each situation, ask what I thought about it and would give some advice as to what he would do. He put in extra work, time and supplies to help fix these unforeseen problems. (They even noticed my dilemma of painting the walls in the vaulted ceiling room and offered to lend us their scaffolding the day before they started their job). Once the job was done, of course the windows looked new, but never out of place. Steve made sure that the trim around the windows matched the trim on the outside of the house. The framing and detailing on the inside was beautifully done and we had a lot of say of how we wished it to look. I couldn't be any happier with the product and the service we received from Astara. We continue to share their name whenever someone mentions renovations. We can't thank them enough.

PS. Recently (after two and half years) the latch lock on our sliding door seemed to be acting up, so I phoned Steve and he immediately remembered who I was and told me he would get right on it. Again, it is above and beyond what I could have expected. He promptly ordered a part and sent someone over to take a look. Thank you again.

Linda Barrett from Port Coquitlam
Linda Barrett from Port Coquitlam
8 reviews Port Coquitlam, BC

Windows

I hired Astara after having an absolutely horrible experience with an unscrupulous company. Steve showed up on time, every time. He was very thorough in explaining how the windows would be installed, and I would say, the method they use is above and beyond every other company I have spoken to to date. The install included wood trim, drip sills and flashing. Unlike most who only seem to rely on caulking.

It took three days and three men to install the windows. After they were done, they cleaned up, and you couldn't tell they were even there.

I can't say enough about how happy I am with my new windows and the fabulous customer service. You just don't find that too often any more.

I would tell anyone with confidence to hire Astara. You won't be disappointed.

Sky in Coquitlam
Sky in Coquitlam
4 reviews Coquitlam, BC

Windows/French Door replacement

Steve was recommended to us by our neighbour since they were extremely satisfied with his service and workmanship. We hired him to replace 23 windows and a French door. Steve is very polite, friendly and knowledgeable.
- When deciding what type of window to replace (eg. awning vs casement), he really put a lot of thought into his suggestions - thinking long term, current and future usage, safety, as well as aesthetics.
- He is more picky and meticulous about his own work than I am as the owner, and I'm a picky person.
- very hard working and doesn't mind coming over to work on weekends and late into the night to finish things up
- when shown some minor scratches on window screens, offered to replace the entire screen (I asked him to just touch up instead since it's really only a little dent/scratch)
- great with email/phone follow ups
- did a lot of extra work, provided extra materials for no charge
- using his expertise in building envelope, spent a lot of extra time to provide me with advise on my house
I really have to wonder how much money he really makes due to all the extra time and effort he spends on my home. Would highly recommend to my friends and family.

Cathy Colpite from Surrey
Cathy Colpite from Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Window Replacement

When we decided to replace our 70 year old wood windows, we started the project with some reservation.
Essentially, we were afraid that we would get a look not in keeping with the Heritage Character of our home.
When we met Steve from Astara Windows , almost immediately our fears were alleviated.
His sensitivities to the original style of the house, design ideas and experience with a full range of styles/types and different manufacturers, allowed us to leverage a level of Professional Expertise that we couldn't have gotten on our own.
The Project took 2 days to complete , and I must tell you, our windows look amazing! The casement openers with custom Prairie Style Heritage Bars look exactly like the originals - only better. The Custom fitting that Daniel did was perfect. The Guys were very friendly and the overall experience with them was actually fun.
Astara's price was in the middle but I don't think we could have gotten a better product or installation even if we had paid more.

Thanks Astara for a job well done.
P.S. The house is a lot warmer too!!
Cathy C.
Vancouver

Nancy Drechsel from Port Coquitlam
Nancy Drechsel from Port Coquitlam
1 review Port Coquitlam, BC

Total Home Windows & Doors Replaced

Steve and his company worked for us originally , 17 years ago, restoring our leaky condo.
Last year, when we moved into our new home, we were pleasantly surprised to find out they also did replacement windows and doors.
Steve took us through several window and door systems custom tayloring every esthetic technical and performance detail , to give us the biggest bang for our renovation dollar.
Dan, Ray & Derek did an impecable job. Were always pleasant, friendly, and very hard working.
My hustand and I could not find a flaw. We would sincerely recommend them to anyone wanting to do this type of work.
Price was good too!! Thanks!

Miranda Chan from Vancouver
Miranda Chan from Vancouver
5 reviews Vancouver, BC

Replaced windows

Absolutely fantastic service. Steve, the owner, is honest, knowledgeable and extremely reliable. His crew was courteous, careful and very experienced. Great price and service, could not ask for a better window install experience. I have recommended him to 4 other friends and they all love his work!!!

M. Chan