Calgary Home Comfort

Reviews for Calgary Home Comfort

Kyle from Calgary
Kyle from Calgary

Hoyme dampers and emergency furnace repair 8 years later

We had the owner, Shawn, install Hoyme dampers on our mid-efficiency furnace in 2009 and we have been 100% happy with them since. This week our furnace broke and service manager Aaron came that night on his way home from a bigger job and was able to do the repair (a $99 part) the next day. 24 hour service is not their main business so I really appreciate their willingness to do such a small job. I suspect that if I had called one of the larger companies I would have been sold an entirely new system. Calgary Home Comfort specializes in some of the more interesting new energy saving technologies but they also pride themselves on their ability to repair equipment rather than just sell you a cheap replacement. Their prices are fair and their workmanship is excellent. When I can afford it I will have them back to replace my water heater too.

lisa oconnor from Calgary
lisa oconnor from Calgary
1 review Craig, AK

furnace/water heater/fireplace

I was lucky enough to stumble onto Calgary Home Comfort almost 10 years ago when I needed a new furnace and hot water tank. Sean and his crew installed them, professionally and for a very good price. I have now purchased 2 furnaces, had several fireplaces serviced and all water and gas systems checked annually by Sean's crew. They will tell what you need and won't sell you what you don't need which is very impressive.

Cowtown homeowner
Cowtown homeowner

Humidifier installation

We had some work done by another plumber including a new tankless water system, gas lines and humidifier. The plumber installed the humidifer incorrectly, fried it and then moved to another province, leaving us with a broken humidifier that we had already paid for. I dealt with Lennox to replace it which they offered to do and while I was there, I met Sean from Home Comfort. Lennox required that I have a plumber bring the new humidifier and install it. I called Sean and he sent Scott to do the work and we are more than thrilled with the outcome. Scott was very pleasant to deal with, and not only did he install the new humidifier correctly, he fixed a couple of other issues the other plumber had left.

One major problem we had was a small gas leak. I even had ATCO gas come out and he didn't even find the leak, actually saying he couldn't detect anything. We continued to smell gas in our basement and when Scott was over, I asked him if he could detect it. He tested around all the new gas piping but it was when he took off the cover of one of the furnaces that he found the leak. I could smell the gas immediately and once he tested the furnace, saw it was coming from the line going into it. He tightened the line and tested it and since then we have not smelt any gas. This was a problem that not the other plumber nor atco found (and should have). I am so grateful that Scott fixed this for us as it was a possible danger to our home and to our health.

Scott was professional and not at all agressive with any sales tactics which I find so many other trades and contractors are. Using fear to sell me something does not work with me. Scott gave us peace of mind and 2 working humidifers and at a very reasonable price. I would highly recommend this company for plumbing work. Thanks again Sean and Scott for all your help.

More about Calgary Home Comfort

For all your mechanical - Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Hot Water needs. Calgary Home Comfort offers preventive maintenance, service & repairs and full custom installations