Appliance Repair

Dunbar mom
3 reviews Vancouver, BC

New Refrigerator Purchase

V5X4W8

We had been looking for a new refrigerator for a while; did research online and had narrowed it down to a couple of brands/models that were in our price range and well-reviewed. Noticed a similar model was on sale at Coast so went in to take a look. Turns out the exact model we wanted was also on sale, so we sealed the deal. The salesman was very helpful, no high pressure, no attempt to upsell us, just gave us the fridge we wanted at a good price. Also arranged to have the delivery people take away a second dead fridge for us at no additional cost.

On delivery, the delivery guys were on time and efficient. At first it looked like they may have to remove the fridge door from both the new and old fridge because of tight clearance into our house, but with a little extra effort and jostling, plus temporary removal of my back door, they managed to squeeze them in and out intact. This was great as removal of the doors would have incurred an additional charge for each fridge.

All in all a positive experience and we would shop again at Coast.

All in

Karl in Vancouver
Karl in Vancouver
3 reviews Burnaby, BC

Bad client service experience @ Vancouver store, on 26 Sep 2016

V5X4W8

I got really bad service from sale representatives, Mike.

On Jul 7, my wife and me made an order with Mike at Vancouver store. He said that my order will be hold the sale price, and I can cancel the order before shipment date without charge.

Recently, Lowes has 5X air miles promotion on major appliance, the promotion got my attention since I am air miles collector. I also found out that my order @ Coast, same model of Samsung refrigerator and induction range are cheaper than Coast Appliance. So, I decided to cancel my order at Coast on 25 Sep, 2016. I spoke with Mike about the promotion at Lowes with receipt, since Mike asked the proof to confirm the lower price. After he saw the receipt, he did match the price and offered $28 off for those items. In fact, I felt bad to ask for price match, since he was not happy. He said that his offer was below cost, and he got hard time with upper level for offering too much discount...etc. So I decided to deal with Coast, although I lost the air miles reward, it is about $210 cash value.

26 Sep, 2016. I changed my mind, since my parents in law told me that they just got 10% offer price match discount from Home Depot recently, so I tried to visit Home Dept in the morning. Surprisingly, I totally got more than $500 cash discount than Lowes' offer. Since the Home Dept staff was so potential and helpful to process the price match transaction. I did not feel bad to ask for pricing match, I truly feel that Home depot is appreciated my business. Finally, I got both good deal and good customer service from there.

So, I came back to Mike for cancellation for my order at the afternoon. His attitude was 180 degree changed, he was so rude to yell at me, "unethical !!! " 3 times at the opened office setting. I don't think that his reaction was appropriate, it was truly embarrassed customer. I believe that his misunderstood the situation without listening. He said that " That is unethical, you used the Coast's offer, to shop at other retail stores for lower price." In fact, Coast's invoice does not show the breakdown of my orders, it only shows the total balance. How can I use Coast's offer to shop at other stores? When I explained to him, I did not use Coast's offer to shop at other stores, I used Lowes' price (from website) to ask Home Depot for price match. Finally, I got more than $500 saving, in customer's point of view, what did I do wrong? why I am unethical? Mike was so mad, in his point of view, he offered to match the price, and lower than Lowes, but that is only $58 saving. I did not except Mike to make second price match, So, I just want to cancel my order at Coast, since he already told me that he got hard time with upper level for offering too much discount in my previous visit. I don't want to give him any hard time with upper level, I simply just ask to cancel my order. He reported to say that is unethical to do business...etc, then I have to repeat cancellation requests, he said that he will do it, but that is no print out to confirm the cancellation. He did not want to waste his time for processing the cancellation when I was at the store, because he already wasted too much time for me. Unfortunately, I did not use my smartphone to record the conversation. What kind of customer service he provides?

When I went back to Lowes for cancel my order, I didn't get yell from the staff. I did not get hard feeling from the staff's angry expression during the whole process. Honestly, I am still interested to go back to Lowes in future.

In customer service business, 1) smile, 2) don't say "No" to customer, provide option. 3) standing in the shoes of the customer...etc. Mike did provided those working attitude when I made an order, but not consistence when I asked for pricing match & cancellation. When I was walking out the store, I turned around to look at him at the reception, I saw that his mouth kept saying bad words about my cancellation. That is the reason why I have to spent time for writing this review. Although I got follow call from Coast Appliance senior management, I still want to share this story to Homestars readers.

Hopefully, the senior management will acknowledge this complaint, I am looking forward your respond. If you need more information, welcome to let me know. Since I was upset to get yell from your staff at Vancouver store.

Carol from Burnaby
Carol from Burnaby
4 reviews Burnaby, BC

Freezer

V5X4W8

Suddenly at Christmas our four-year-old deep freeze died. We cooked our turkey early and went out for a new freezer. This time, no frost-free nonsense, just a basic unit. We got exactly what we needed at Coast in Coquitlam (United Blvd) with quick delivery despite the time of year.

JL from Vancouver
JL from Vancouver
7 reviews Vancouver, BC

appliances

I came here to purchase stove, dishwasher and fridge here for my kitchen renovations. The staff was helpful, good selection and the prices are reasonable. The delivery and installation was great. Thanks!

Cameron Mitchell from Vancouver
Cameron Mitchell from Vancouver
7 reviews Vancouver, BC

Appliance Repair

We purchased 5 year extended warranty in our appliances from Coast and they have been nothing short if amazing in providing service. We had two months to go on our coverage and had a repair that was needed and this last experience was just as pleasant professional and efficient as the first. Simply a great company to deal with!