FEDE Custom Finishings

Reviews for FEDE Custom Finishings

daniellekaplan@rogers.com from Toronto
D. N.

Custom Front door Cladding with mahogony wood

Andres Ortiz and his workers are master craftsman, completeing the most exceptional carpentry work. The mahogony cladding and ceiling matches our stunning front door perfectly, with excellent finishes. This is an extremely professional company, meeting the timelines presented. We were more than happy with the finished job and would highly recommended FEDE Custom Finishings to anyone in the future.

Thank you so much for your comments and for your trust that allowed me to work with so much freedom! It was an excellent experience and I wish that you enjoy this renovation for a long time.

The Davids in Mississauga
The Davids in Mississauga

Painting & window redesign/repair

I can't recommend Andreas and FEDE Custom Finishing highly enough. The quality of workmanship in all areas was top notch, and communication throughout the 4-week project was excellent. As well, the job--stripping, staining, varnishing & improving the design of about 30 windows, as well as painting the entire exterior of our home--was priced extremely well. As a general contractor and master carpenter, we will not hesitate to turn to Andreas for all our future home renos/repairs.

Dear Davids: You were wonderful clients, and it was a pleasure to partner with you on this project! Thank you so much for the comments! I'm already looking forward to working with you again.

Pat from Toronto
Pat from Toronto
4 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Complete basement rennovation inside and outside

We given FEDE Custom Finishings at 10 out of 10 stars! We had a fantastic experience all around--planning for the renovation including a wide variety of options to meet our needs, timeliness and meeting deadlines, costs, tidiness of the reno team and finishing touches. We would absolutely, and have already, consulted Fede Custom Finishings again .

The longer story is that we had the misfortune of discovering a wet and slightly moldy basement that needed attention. What we thought would involve a small fix turned into a full blown search for the source of basement dampness and renovation of both the inside and outside of our basement. As this process unfolded over several weeks it seemed news bad news about additional work required would never end. Yet, throughout this process, painful as it was, we were guided by the expert and caring advice and attention from Andres, owner of FEDE Custom Finishings. He drew from his decades of experience and brought in the right experts to confirm the diagnosis of the problems. He consulted us and prioritized our desires at each step of the way. His manner and approach to the analyses of the problems and the renovation work was always respectful of our schedules and needs (aesthetic, financial and timing). We`ve been through renovations before but never one as neat as this one. Everything was always tidy at the end of the day. Best of all he took great care in the finishing touches of the basement. Using his artistic expertise, he ensured that each wall and corner including the finishing of the storage room was pleasing to the eye. For example, we are constantly complimented by all our visitors and neighbours on the finish of our front steps/porch that he designed and replaced. It is clear that he is an expert in construction and in design. All in all we are extremely satisfied with the services provided by Fede Custom Finishings. There had been other contractor consulted for this renovation but none had the finesse of Fede Custom Finishings. We recommend Andres without hesitation.

Pat, thank you very much for your comments. It is very fulfuilling to know that you feel this way after the full process. You both were wonderful clients, giving me the space and time to work! I will always be avaialble if you need my services. Best regards, Andres

Tim Evans in Toronto
Tim Evans in Toronto

Salon Business Interior (Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical)

Andres took our bare-bones commercial space at Yonge and St. Clair and transformed it into a stunning boutique salon space. His attention to detail and craftsmanship was apparent every step of the way. What we most appreciated about Andres was his commitment to the timeline for the work, his passion for the quality of the finishings and the reliability and competency of his sub-contractors.

While Andres is by no means the least expensive contractor, you receive ample value for money, plus the peace of mind that a skilled and trustworthy professional provides.

It is important to note, Andres brings a smart sense of design to his work as well. He made a number of helpful design suggestions and space solution for the salon with the high-end salon clientele in mind. We appreciated his forward thinking and implemented a number of his suggestions.

If you can book Andres for your work, you will not be disappointed.

Dear Tim, thank you very much for these comments. I wanted you to know that it was my pleasure working with you at the Salon; this project was a Team Work! Remember I will always be available to assist you any time you need. Best regards, Andres

Sari in Toronto
Sari in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Fede Custom Finishings removed a roof on my back deck, built ip the joists to cretae a steeper slope and replaced the roof.

Andres of Fede Custom Finishings was fantastic! He started the job when he said he would; he finished the job when he said he would; he did exactly what he said he would do, and he did it perfectly and beautifully. Andres' is an excellent problem solver and craftsman, and he is direct, kind and easy to work with. I can't recommend him highly enough. He called the day after the job was finished just to make sure I was happy with everything!

Dear Sari, I cannot thank you enough for your comments! I hope you are enjoying your home improvement, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you ever need my assistance. Best regards, Andres.

WAYNE PHILLIPS
WAYNE PHILLIPS
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Landscape Build

This is our second project, Fede Custom Finishings have proven to be extremely reliable and dependable.

The first project was a complete home renovation/gut of 3 floors, (200sf),and building an addition (1500sf),with a 2-car garage...outstanding work! The latest project is the landscaping of the entire property, installing and building garden walls and benches, massive 4x4 stepping stones, a large water feature and installing an intricate pattern of sandstone tiles 24x24 into the existing driveway.

Work has always exceeded expectations especially since the projects came with a very high degree of difficulty. Designs were complicated and intricate but everything was completed with same high degree of professionalism.

Dear Wayne, we appreciate very much your comments, they are inspire us to be better! As always, it was a pleasure working with you and we hope you are enjoying your new place!

Terry in Bloor West Village
Terry in Bloor West Village
1 review YORK, ON

Bathroom renovation

Andres and his crew from FEDE transformed our dilapidated ancient bathroom into a clean, functional, beautiful space. This involved gutting the space back to the studs, making a linen closet into a shower, reorganizing and upgrading all the plumbing and electrical, refinishing and an ancient claw foot tub and more. As the company name implies FEDE's final finishing of the bathroom was completed with impressive skill and attention to detail. Andres work and that of his subcontractors was done skillfully and on time. But what impressed us most was the care he took to minimize the disruption to our daily lives and keep the construction mess to an absolute minimum. Andres was always a considerate and attentive gentleman and we were very pleased with his skill and service. I have and will continue to recommend FEDE Custom Finishings for any renovation work.

Dear Terry, thank you very much for your review. If there is anything that you need, I will be more than happy to assist you. Best regards, Andres

Mary Jane in Woodbridge
Mary Jane in Woodbridge
1 review WOODBRIDGE, ON

Finishing a basement and other renovations

We were very pleased with the services provided by Fede Custom Finishings. Andres was very creative in designing the layout of the space and also in the materials used. We found Andreas' work as well as that of his subcontractors to be excellent. The project was finished on time and we are very happy with the results. I would be very confident in recommending Fede Custom Finishings.

Dear Mary Jane, thank you very much for your comments. It was a real pleasure working with you as well! Best regards, Andres

Elizabeth in Little Portugal
Elizabeth in Little Portugal

Refurbished, weatherized and painted vintage front door ($1,300), built 1 large custom bedroom closet, general repairs throughout house ($9,000)

Andres at FEDE Custom Finishings was recommended to me by my architect neighbour when I was looking for someone to refurbish and weatherize my vintage, beautifully detailed solid wood front door. The recommendation was spot on. Andres (and his son Damian, who sometimes works with him), is super reliable, highly skilled, full of ideas to improve the look and quality of the work you want done at the best price point, and on top of all that a lovely person to have in your home. We were so pleased with the work we asked Andres to come back to merge 2 small closet in rooms with a shared wall into one larger customized closet in our bedroom. Again he was full of ideas, customizing the doors and interior to exactly what we wanted at a price we could afford. The wall where the old closet used to be was patched so well you'd never know there had been a closet. When some old knob and tube wiring against code was found by surprise under the floor and deep in the wall Andres arranged for an electrician to come in and fix things up right away, again at a fair price, and he patched and repainted all the areas the electrician needed to work. He was so agreeable Andres also fixed the mirror, tiles and grout in our bathroom and repainted our bedroom, which were add-ons to our original job. Everything was finished to perfection, all details taken care of, super quality, communication and reliability and the loveliest contractor you could hope to work with. I couldn't recommend Andres and FEDE Custom Finishings highly enough. A definite 10 out of 10!

Dear Elizabeth, thank you very much for your kind words! We too were very pleased to work with you and look forward to future collaborations!
Best regards
Andres

Tim-- Junction
Tim-- Junction

Kitchen Renaovation / Closet renewal

The work was completed on time with no hassle . The workmanship was impeccable and the workers ,respectful, courteous professional and clean. I was particularly impressed with the structural knowledge , design sense and attention to detail .After many years of using contractors of various kinds , I give Fede custom Finishings my highest endorsement .

Dear Tim, Thank you very much for your review! I look forward to working with you again.
Best regards
Andres

More about FEDE Custom Finishings

We are a company dedicated to residential renovations. We believe that respect and care for others reflects the respect and care for ourselves. Our intention is to make a customer for life. Services: Renovations, Basements, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Installations, General Carpentry, Custom Finishings, Painting. Visit us at www. fedecustomfinishings. com