Next Level Concrete

EDMONTON AB T6K3C9
HomeStars  >  Concrete Contractors in Edmonton  >  Next Level Concrete

Reviews for Next Level Concrete

3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Trevor seemed like a great guy at first. He quoted us $8000 for a 22x24 ft concrete garage pad. We agreed to sign the contract. As soon as the work is started and the road crush was being laid, he calls my husband to say that they need another truck of road crush, which is $300. Ok, not very pleased that he doesn't know how much road crush is required when he's probably done plenty of concrete pads, but we agreed to the $300. About a day later, Trevor calls again stating that he needs another $1000 for road crush. We were furious. And when we called to get an explanation of why his price does not reflect the quote, Trevor became completely unprofessional. He said he doesn't need to explain why more road crush is needed, this is the way it is sometimes, and hung up on me when I had more questions. We ended up reaching him later that evening and said we'll pay him 50% but do not want him to complete the job - at this point we no longer trusted Trevor. He threatened to take us to court, so we obliged to pay the now $9300 concrete job ($1300 above the quote). After the job was finished, all of the road crush was seeping out from underneath the concrete. Also, the workers left cigarette butts and NAILS scattered all over the place. What a way to say thank-you to your customer for overcharging them. I don't take lightly to businesses that overcharge, behave rudely, hang up on you, then can't even finish the job properly or clean up remaining supplies. We picked up 45 nails, and my husband purchased $100 in mortar cement to seal the road crush.
Just some addition information: we had ASAP Garage build our garage. Greg at ASAP does concrete and garages - he has reasonable prices, is kind, and does fantastic work. Hire great people like Greg over unprofessional contractors like Trevor. Looks like Trevor has lots of negative reviews so hopefully mine and all the others will help in your selection.

Kevinradams in Edmonton, Alberta Canada T5K2P6
2 reviews Sherwood Park, AB

Hired them to do a stamped slab of concrete around my new solid Ipe deck in Sherwood park. My wife wanted it to look like wood than had been painted. Trevor came over and said he could do it. We gave him pictures and said we wanted at least 5 different colors. He said this was no problem but charged us extra. His quote for the job was $2000-$3000 more than any other contractor but he said he had the skills.
They poured the cement and stamped it to look like barn boards. The stamps didn't line up so there are overlapping lines that ruin the look. The release agent they used was old so it clumped and left black spots that look like oil stains. During the job most of his crew left to do another job. So they were short staffed to do mine. The concrete looked horrible.
He came over and said they would now etch it to bring out the painted board look. I don't believe they have ever done this. They dumped acid on it until it was all just dark coffee brown. Then sealed it in.
I later found out that u need to wait a solid month befor etching and sealing. They did it all in one day. I hate the way it looks. It was supposed to be a piece of art but it looks like I did it myself and cut every corner. Trevor sold his company like they were pros. He's a very good salesman I'll give him that. They job they did is so bad I'm having it removed and re done by pros. It will cost me another $10k to do this. But I hate how it looks that much.
He also promised no damage to my yard. It was a disaster