Home Inspection
Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Reviews for Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Jamin in Oshawa
Jamin in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Out of Towners Shopping for a new home

L1P 1Y4

We recently worked with Don, and Piece of Mind Home Inspections to carry out inspections on 2 properties we were looking to purchase. Don's level of professionalism, knowledge and attention to detail really paid off when the first home we attempted to purchase looked good from far, but turned out to be far from good! Don took the time to carefully dissect the property, and made us aware of the potential issues we could be running into.

Throughout the purchasing process we were commuting back and fourth from Ottawa. Don made every effort to accommodate our busy schedules, and ended up saving us thousands of dollars in the end.

We would highly recommend Don, and Piece of Mind Home Inspections.

J/E

Thank you for the review, Erin & Jamin, remember after you move in that Peace of Mind Home Inspections Inc. is just a phone call or email away.?

Tek
Tek
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Knowledgeable, educational and helpful

We are glad that we were referred to Peace of Mind Home Inspection for our first home in Oshawa and being first time owners, there are a lot of things that we were not aware of various things to look out for in inspecting a house.

Don was very helpful and informative during the inspection, as he pointed out different things that we should be aware of around the house. His report was completed and sent within a day, accompanying by supporting photos. He makes himself available after for any additional questions or concerns.

We would highly recommend Don of Peace of Mind Home Inspections for your home inspection.

Thank you Tek I really enjoy my 2nd career choice and especially helping 1st time home buyers!!!

TK in Whitby
TK in Whitby
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Home Inspection Prior to Buying a Home

L1P 1Y4

I highly recommend Don for all pre-purchase home inspections! We had Don complete 2 home inspections in as many weeks during our search for our new home and were very happy with the results.

Don is very knowledgeable and was not bothered by the never ending questions we asked. In addition to the home inspections I feel we received an education as well. Don's comments, both in person and in the report, helped us avoid a very costly money pit and end up with the perfect house for us.

I highly recommend accompanying Don on any inspection he does as you will learn a lot. Don takes the time to explain the things he's looking at and lets you know if it's something that needs to be addressed immediately or sometime in the future.

It is what I have taken pride in for the last 22 years and will continue to do so until I retire!!!

K De France  in Toronto
K De France in Toronto

Amazing experience! 100% recommend

My husband and I would highly recommend Don and his sevices for all home buyers! He was extremely personable, honest, efficient and thorough from the initial moment of contacts all the way to providing our report and recommendations right away. As first time home buyers, we have very little knowledge of anything to do with the upkeep and conditions of a home. Don went out of his way to show us everything and anything in our new home and offered wonderful advice and tips about home ownership that will benefit us for many years to come. Thank you very much Don for your services!

you are very welcome, I love working with people who appreciate how hard I work for them!

Andrew in Toronto
Andrew in Toronto
1 review , ON

Our First Home Inspection

L1P 1Y4

My wife and I, purchasing our first home, were shocked at all the difficult choices home buyers are faced with. After reading about how horrid home inspectors can be, we decided on Peace of Mind Home Inspections Inc. While some of our other choices may be under review for years to come, selecting Don to check our house will not be one of them. The experience, customer service, knowledge base and thoroughness was well beyond our expectations. Don's honesty provided me with a feeling of comfort in understanding the condition of our soon to be home. I would recommend Don to every home buyer who would like to raise a family in a house they know is safe.

I love working with clients who appreciate how hard I work for them!Enjoy your new home Stephanie and Andres and remember,any questions the answers are a phone call away!

Norm
Norm
3 reviews Ajax, ON

WETT Inspection

Contacted Don regarding a WETT inspection for my fireplace that was requested by my insurance company (just purchased a 40 year old house) He had a last minute cancellation and booked me in quite quickly. Inspection didn't take very long. Provided a WETT report & a CD of the pictures taken. No issues. Inspection went smoothly.

I like it when I can help people in need!!!

Thank you Don, of 'Peace of Mind Home inspections', a job well done!

It is very important to have a knowledgeable home inspector when it comes to purchasing one's home. When I found a property in the rural part of Durham, Ontario, and after living in a city all of my life, there were new things that I had to be made aware of, when purchasing a country styled home.

When I contacted Don of 'Peace and Mind Home Inspections', I was very pleased with Don's work. Don had even arrived to my property before I had even got there. He already starting working from taking pictures, and checking the outside of the home, before going to the inside of the home for inspection, by the time I arrived to the property.

As a school educator, I know the importance of not only building relations with students, and having up to date lesson plans, a structured base of learning is also very important for the students, just as it is with a detailed report when it comes to home inspections.

Don provided this report to me, as well as providing a CD/DVD copy of all the pictures that he took of the property as well.

The key part of Don's package of materials is a detailed summary page of his findings. I am still using this summary page even today, with the list of items that Don recommended me to do. Some examples of the work that Don suggested, were to have a retaining wall, replacing the oil tank, having the septic tank pumped and inspected, which I have all done.

With regards to building relations, even to this day, when I finally got around to repairing the roof, (which was another item that Don had recommended me to do) Don was kind enough to recommend a few roofers who he trusted to do the work, and I took his first recommendation to me, and the crew did a fine job.

Although, I still have some work to do around the home, it is nice that Don always has told me that he is a phone call away, and when I do contact him from time to time for suggestions of what to do with regards to repair, he is always very helpful.

My only concern, was of no fault to Don, however, was to the previous home owners, for not really taking care of the property that well, and had only wished that they did take the time to do so. However, it is important to know which repairs are needed,
and having a professional such as Don help out the new homeowner is very important.

For those reading this review, please if selling one's home, make it a nice transition for the new homeowners to move in, rather then the new homeowner be faced with quite a few additional costs when it comes to repairs.

That is why it is important to have the peace of mind to do this, when purchasing a resale home, and have the experts like Don help guide you with what needs to be done right away, and what can wait a while.

Mr. Lawrence

The after inspection services I provide at no additional cost to my clients is what they love about Peace of Mind!!!!!!

kdeichsel in Toronto
kdeichsel in Toronto

Went in skeptical, left completely happy with our choice!

First, Don was highly recommended to us. However, we also did our due diligence and google him, to find reviews and read through about 30 impressive statements of his thoroughness, professionalism, and credibility.

Did Don do a good job? Yes. He was beyond thorough, going through every inch of the house, top to bottom, from to back, and clearly and carefully explaining to me and my husband the following: a) what the error was, what the standard is, how to go about fixing it, and general costs associated with each task upgrade.

As new home buyers, we are naturally terrified of buying a lemon. This is what we've been saving for for YEARS, and because of Don, we have a clear, unbiased, realistic assessment of the property, its strengths, as well as the areas in need of fixing. I can now continue with the purchase with the knowledge of what needs to be done to be able to negotiate further, AND with a plan for future renovations for the property.

It should also be noted that Don was prompt, arriving before the scheduled time, and stayed for a solid 3.5 hours, taking extensive notes and photographs of everything in the house. By the end, we had a summary page of crucial issues + a full CD of photos. In less than 12 hours, we had a full, 12-pg report outlining every aspect of his findings with suggestions on how to repair the issue. He's also a pretty funny guy, so that was a nice bonus to a rather stressful time.

would we use him again? You bet your bottom dollar we will. Are home inspections expensive? Yes. But what they offer you is a clear picture of the property, with a tangible plan for renovation next steps or money pitfalls in the future. Also, a few hundred upfront can and WILL save you thousands, or even tens of thousands down the line. As a home buyer, someone who is spending between 600 - 1million +, equip yourself with this knowledge and invest in Don to inspect first.

Final note: for you first time home buyers, every homebuyers website I read clearly and emphatically states that the #1 mistake make is NOT asking for an inspection. If the seller has a good product, they should not fear a 2 or 3 day inspection period. Again, this is likely the BIGGEST purchase of your life. Protect yourself and your future by hiring Don to inspect it.

I love clients who take the time to listen and hear what I have to say.

Shalvin in Toronto
Shalvin in Toronto
1 review Whitby, ON

So happy we found Don for our home inspection on a new built!

Don did an amazing job with inspecting our new build! He is friendly, reliable and knows his stuff! He provided us CD with pics and a full report on the same day. We definitely have a peace of mind after Don's inspection. I would highly recommend Don to any one looking for an home inspection.

Thank you once again!

-SR

You are very welcome Shalvin, it was a pleasure working with you both!

More about Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Many would be resale home buyers are held back by their fear of surprise home repair costs.

Others are willing to opt for a less than perfect resale home, as long as they know just what they are getting into. An unstable foundation, faulty wiring, or a roof that will soon require replacement can be extremely expensive repairs.

Take away the fear of the unknown and close the deal with Peace of Mind Home Inspections Inc. We help ensure that you can make an informed decision about the largest purchase you may ever make.

Credentials:
Worked as a licensed renovator for 18 years, worked with a master electrician for 4 years, finished at the top of my class at Durham college to become a certified home inspector, passed all the required courses to become Wood Energy Technical Training certified, have performed thousands of home inspections since incorporating in 1995, I have completed 10,000 hours of classroom and field experience and have earned acquired the designation of Certified Master Home Inspector.

Inspection Process
Our inspections take at least three hours, with most of our time being spent on the major components of the house:
• Foundation
• Heating and Cooling
• Plumbing
• Electrical
• Roof
• Windows
• Structure
• Insulation

We are not afraid to get dirty. If it means going into crawl spaces, attics, under decks or on roof tops in order to help potential buyers discover problems, then we do it.

We don't just look for symptoms, but also the cause of the problem with the home. Everything we find is detailed in our inspection report.

We also encourage that you participate in the inspection with the inspector. It can be an invaluable learning experience.

We also perform Industrial and Commercial Inspections, renovation consultations and new home warranty inspections . Our price list is available on our website.

Have a look at our blog for home inspection stories and tips.
Visit our Facebook page

W.E.T.T.Certified

We service the Greater Toronto Area and Durham Region, Whitby,Ajax,Pickering,Oshawa,Clarington,Stouffville, Uxbridge,Port Perry,Markham,Etobicoke, we also do inspections on out of town properties for an additional fuel and travel surcharge.