Home Inspection
Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Reviews for Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Private User reviews Ajax, ON

Home inspection

A little overdue but better late than never to tell people about our great experience with Peace of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

We needed an inspection for a house we purchased in Ajax. My husband got in contact with Don for an inspection. Throughout the service he was professional, very thorough, and a friendly person. He was very easy to talk to and answered all of our questions in depth.

I would recommend Don to anyone!

Thank you very much, I love working with people who appreciate what I do for them!!!!

Shane in Pickering
Shane in Pickering
7 reviews Pickering, ON

Thorough and Professional

Don from Peace of Mind Inspections was thorough and professional. He arrived on time and immediately started to check the outside and the roof. He recommended that I join him as he went through the house and he explained everything to me that was an issue, what could become an issue and maintenance advice that was easy to understand.

He took the time to explain things to me when I asked questions (and I asked a lot of questions). He had a great sense of humour which made it easy to talk to him and I didn't feel intimidated. He never rushed through a section and made sure that he inspected every last detail.

I read a lot of the reviews before making the choice and I am glad I did. He also gave me a CD with pictures and a detailed report of his findings. I would highly recommend Don at Peace of Mind Home Inspections.

Thanks Shane I'm glad you enjoyed the inspection experience, I like working with clients who appreciate my thoroughness and expertise!!!

Shelley T.
Shelley T.

Condo inspection

Don was professional, thorough and a pleasure to deal with. He took the time to explain, in detail, all of his findings and recommendations for our condo. I would highly recommend his services.

Thanks Shelley and Brian it was
fun working with you and remember to call me back when your renos are completed!!!

David in North York
David in North York
1 review Oshawa, ON

Clearly the #1 Home Inspector in Ontario

Don has been the most thorough Home Inspector I have ever worked
with. He is knowledgeable, friendly, and extremely thorough, providing
highly detailed analysis and information of even the apparently
insignificant areas of the home.

POMHI is the epitome of Client Care, Client Service, Client Satisfaction.
The complete report and CD of everything carefully pointed out, was the
icing on the cake for me.

I encourage everyone buying a home to call Don. Right from the initial
call you are certain to see that you are dealing with a consummate
professional and you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Thanks Don, Wouldn't use anyone else. Period! David.

Thank you David it is always a pleasure to work with people who appreciate how hard I work for them, I look at a clients house as if I were buying it for myself!

Kathy Whitby Ontario Canada L1M 1H5
Kathy Whitby Ontario Canada L1M 1H5

Home Inspection September 2016

Don is amazing!!! He's what I call a resourcefull source of information. He knows his job and does it right. I first hired him in 2011 and from then until now he has done inspections for all of my family. Don takes his time and goes over every nook and cranny and gives you valuable advice during the process... and his price is reasonable. I will keep relying on his services until he quits!

Thank you Kathy, you have found out what all of my client know, my services do not end at the end of the inspection, they continually call me for advice and contractor referrals!

Gerry from Oshawa
Gerry from Oshawa
2 reviews Bowmanville, ON

Bowmanville New Build Inspection

We used Don for the second time, this time on a new build. Don came early to the site and started the inspection right away. Just like the first time we used him, he was thorough and walked us through any of the questions we had. Highly recommended!

Thanks Gerry, I love repeat customers, it means I'm doing my inspections to best of my abilities to satisfy my clients. Good luck in your new home!

Andrew from Port Perry
Andrew from Port Perry
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Century Home Inspection

I would definitely use Don again whether it be a century home, new build or something in between.

I spoke with Don on the phone before having our offer on the house in question accepted. He was very knowledgeable, easy to talk to and he got me to text him a time/date we wanted to use him for the inspection. Later that day the time was confirmed, texted him requesting the specific time and date, he immediately responded and locked in that date for us.

Don arrived on time and was very thorough throughout the house inspection. Whenever myself or my wife had a question while we were following him around the house, he would take the time to explain everything to us and give us recommendations on what could be done.

As previously stated, I would highly recommend Don to family, friends and anyone searching for a knowledgeable and very personable home inspector.

Thank you Alicia and Andrew, and remember after you move in I am only a phone call or email away.

Gemma in Bowmanville
Gemma in Bowmanville
1 review Bowmanville, ON

Home Inspection

Don did an incredible job at our recent home inspection on a 50 year old bungalow. He agreed to keep a spot "on hold" for us immediately following the day offers were taken so we could close the inspection condition same day. He showed up early and even managed to find out some information directly from the current homeowner. Don pointed out things we hadn't thought about and to listen to my renovation ideas - which were critical to our purchase. In addition he offered potential solutions and recommendations to deal with some of the not insignificant issues we encountered. He was thorough, extremely knowledgeable and never made me feel rushed, or dumb! His report allowed us to make a critical decision, with the facts, that turned out in our favour. To top it off, he highlighted his integrity by taking our current address, stating he would never inspect our place as we were his clients first. I hope not to move again too soon, but regardless, Don would be the first call I make!

I highly recommend Don and POMHII to anyone needing similar services. Thanks Don!

Thanks Gemma, hopefully the contractors we line up for you will make the house a home for you and your family!!!

Cynthia S in Toronto
Cynthia S in Toronto
1 review Whitby, ON

Thorough inspection of century home multiplex

Don conducted a thorough inspection of a century home that was such an eye opener we had to rethink our offer. He was very professional and clearly experienced. He found issues that we had no idea existed and provided a non-biased opinion of the property that enabled us to make the right decision for us. He had no issue climbing up onto the roof or into the small attic to complete his evaluation.

After his inspection he sat down with us to review every finding and showed us pictures to support each one. He provided us with a detailed report with a CD of pictures to review at home and was available for any follow up questions we had. At the end of the report he included a summary of recommended fixes that helped us decide whether it was worth it to pursue the purchase. We even provided the report to the seller so they could address some of the concerns as there were some very serious health hazards discovered.

If it weren't for Don, we could have made a very costly mistake. His price was very fair especially considering we were looking at a century home split into a multiplex. I will definitely be giving Don a call when we are ready for our next purchase.

Thanks Cynthia, it does help to have someone very familiar with the property you are looking at, we love our almost finished century home.

Laura & Greg in Toronto
Laura & Greg in Toronto
1 review Pickering, ON

Great job on inspection of Pickering townhouse

We were checking out a property for purchase and Don did an outstanding job. He went in and found things I would never have know to look for, and he did it all with a clear level of proficiency and professionalism that was very reassuring -- all with a quick wit and a smile on his face. We would definitely recommend his services to others! An outstanding home inspector!

Thanks Laura and Greg, hopefully there won't be multiple offers on the next house you are looking to buy.

More about Peace Of Mind Home Inspections Inc.

Many would be resale home buyers are held back by their fear of surprise home repair costs.

Others are willing to opt for a less than perfect resale home, as long as they know just what they are getting into. An unstable foundation, faulty wiring, or a roof that will soon require replacement can be extremely expensive repairs.

Take away the fear of the unknown and close the deal with Peace of Mind Home Inspections Inc. We help ensure that you can make an informed decision about the largest purchase you may ever make.

Credentials:
Worked as a licensed renovator for 18 years, worked with a master electrician for 4 years, finished at the top of my class at Durham college to become a certified home inspector, passed all the required courses to become Wood Energy Technical Training certified, have performed thousands of home inspections since incorporating in 1995, I have completed 10,000 hours of classroom and field experience and have earned acquired the designation of Certified Master Home Inspector.

Inspection Process
Our inspections take at least three hours, with most of our time being spent on the major components of the house:
• Foundation
• Heating and Cooling
• Plumbing
• Electrical
• Roof
• Windows
• Structure
• Insulation

We are not afraid to get dirty. If it means going into crawl spaces, attics, under decks or on roof tops in order to help potential buyers discover problems, then we do it.

We don't just look for symptoms, but also the cause of the problem with the home. Everything we find is detailed in our inspection report.

We also encourage that you participate in the inspection with the inspector. It can be an invaluable learning experience.

We also perform Industrial and Commercial Inspections, renovation consultations and new home warranty inspections . Our price list is available on our website.

Have a look at our blog for home inspection stories and tips.
Visit our Facebook page

W.E.T.T.Certified

We service the Greater Toronto Area and Durham Region, Whitby,Ajax,Pickering,Oshawa,Clarington,Stouffville, Uxbridge,Port Perry,Markham,Etobicoke, we also do inspections on out of town properties for an additional fuel and travel surcharge.