Mr Build Vancouver

HomeStars  >  General Contractors in New Westminster  >  Mr Build Vancouver

Reviews for Mr Build Vancouver

Alicia S from Burnaby
6 reviews Burnaby, BC

We hired Mr Build after receiving prompt, fair quotes from Kurt. Our bathrooms were straight from the 70s and in need of an overhaul. They were demolished carefully. Doug installed both bathrooms and did a great job. He is professional, trustworthy, and reliable. Will use their services again.

thanks Alicia...it was a pleasure working with you...all the best...kurt

stucco repair in
1 review Vancouver, BC

There was a bulge on the side of the house. Kurt's team cut it and cleaned it and we saw the reason for the bulge. There was a board missing which they replaced. The stucco person came by quietly over 3 visits and matched the pattern perfectly followed by the painter who matched the paint perfectly. They built a bathroom shower for me previously. There work is timely and extremely well done. The workers are polite and attentive. Very very good contractor. S lawrence

Thanks for the review! Always enjoy working with you . Kurt

Lee-Ann
1 review Burnaby, BC

Frame in new walls to enclose a den with a door and closet. After semi-completion, we offered to do final sanding and noticed the imperfections in drywall and frame of door. We had the owner, Kurt, over to review our concerns, and although we agreed too quickly on the final price - it did not adequately reflect the changes nor the quality of work and the substitution of materials.

A small job is never that – it always leads to repeat customers and referrals if the price is reflected fairly and work is done correctly!

I see now why more people DIY!

It is unfortunate that this client chose to do an on-line review before asking us if there was anything we could do?

We addressed all their concerns and offered to return to finish the balance of work.

The owner said he wanted to finish it himself and would rather have a discount.

We met on site and they were offered a discount. They agreed to the new discounted balance.

We did everything that was asked for and the clients were treated in a professional manner throughout this small project.

sincerely,

Kurt Gust

Sandra Bennett from Surrey
3 reviews Surrey, BC

When doing a kitchen remodel decided to take down the whole ceiling that connected to the family room and have it insulated and drywalled. The work was done perfectly by Adam and Paul, and if weather and did not interfere with the schedule my review might have been different. But, I found Kurt Gust's handling of it to be less than ideal. What should have been a 4 day job ended up being spread over 2 weeks because, and I quote "I can't make Mudd dry any faster" I may just be a amateur when it comes to mudding and taping, but I have never needed 48 hour drying time between coats. The end result of our job being a low priority was losing our scheduled time with the hardwood installer, which meant bumping out the cabinet install date. In the long run is an extra two or three weeks a big deal, no. I just would rather deal with a trades person who just gives me the real reasons for delays.

Thanks so much for taking the time for the review - we always appreciate any input from our clients.
It appears we did not explain the process for this type of project. In ideal conditions without any snow and traffic problems, we should be done in 4 - 6 days depending on how fast the mud dries. I can assure you, we would rather come each day until project complete but a staggering project can be difficult to schedule with other ongoing projects and weather conditions.
I apologize for the delays but it was for good reason and unavoidable.
Thanks again,
Kurt Gust

N.W.
1 review Delta, BC

Mr. Build did a bathroom for us and we were so pleased with it we decided to to the basement bathrooms as well.

thanks...we always enjoy working with you! kurt

Dennis R in Richmond
1 review Vancouver, BC

Job involved the repair of an exterior power outlet and installation of some exterior lighting. The work was done promptly and the contractor was polite and professional. We are very satisfied with the result.

Thankyou very much for your review - you are always a pleasure to work with.
Kurt/Norm

Peter in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

My back steps were in serious need of replacement. As this was a rather small job, I was concerned that it would be difficult to find someone to do it. I contacted 2 companies and one didn't even respond for a week. However, Kurt came by right away and gave me a price with which I was very happy. Adam and Paul came to do the work and were professional and polite. They completed the work quickly and cleaned up behind them - I wouldn't have known that they had been there, except for the wonderful looking new steps. Now, we can let our grandchildren run up and down without fear of the whole thing falling to pieces and injuring them!
Thank you, Kurt and your crew. Great job. If I need anything done in the future, I now know that I only have to make one call.

thanks so much for your kind words!....we always enjoy working with clients, like you... enjoy the rest of the summer. kurt

1 review Vancouver, BC

This was the third time we have used Mr. Build for work on our house. As always the work was well done, promptly, on schedule and on budget.
Thanks again Kurt and crew at Mr. Build.

thanks for opportunity ... your new summer kitchen will look great....always enjoy working with you and your family. happy new yr! kurt

Sean in New Westminster
1 review Vancouver, BC

I got Kurt to remove an old tile shower and replace with a prefab shower kit from home depot. They did a great job and finished the work well within the deadline. Professional about the quoting, work and follow up. Highly recommend!

thanks sean. we enjoyed working with you! hope we can work with you again, in the future. happy new yr! kurt

More about Mr Build Vancouver

Mr. Build Vancouver specializes in small and medium sized renovations and repairs. Our multi-skilled tradesmen complete kitchens, bathrooms, basement suites, renovations, waterproofing, repairs, odd jobs, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, drainage, decks, stairs, and concrete work. Quality work, reasonable rates, on time, written quotes within 24 hours. Put your property in hands of people you trust!
We service the following areas: Vancouver, Richmond, Ladner, Tsawwassen, South Delta, Delta, Whiterock, Burnaby, New Westminster, North Delta, Surrey and Coquitlam.