Tri-City Roofing & Waterproofing In.

MARKHAM ON L3S1X4
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Markham  >  Tri-City Roofing & Waterproofing In.

Review for Tri-City Roofing & Waterproofing In.

David in Toronto
David in Toronto

New Roof and Eaves

Had a firm fall through on us (Got it covered Roofing - Jamie - never use) and called Kun who gave us a date, showed up on the date, dropped off the samples when he said he would, finished the job and it looks great. Job was finished in 2 days which was exactly what he told me it would be.

Nariema in Bowmanville
Nariema in Bowmanville
1 review Bowmanville, ON

roofing

The owner of this company is a very mean and bad person. He took my $300 and said that it is non refundable after we changed our minds, I am surely taking him to smalls claims court. Thank god I kept a copy of his agreement and text messages.

Mario  in Toronto
Mario in Toronto

Roof Replacement

My roof was 13 years old and started to leak this summer.
I asked for quotes from 6 roofing companies, three from bigger businesses and the other 3 from smaller contractors recommended by neighbors.
From the big companies two came in way too high, and with long wait time. One didn't even bother to return my call.
Tri-City quote was in the same ball park with the other two. When I asked to upgrade the shingles to GAF Timberline, only Tri-City was ok with doing it and give lifetime warranty, so I decided to go with them.
Kun Mai and his workers were very professional. They came in on time and finished the work the same day.
I am very pleased with their installation and strongly recommend them to anyone looking to replace their roof.

R of Brampton
R of Brampton

Roof - Replaced Shingles

Tri-City's baseline quotes are comparable to other roofing companies. I received 7 roofing quotes of which ONLY 3 were reasonable. Tri-City Roofing was 1 of the 3 reasonable quotes and I chose Tri-City because.....
#1 Kun Mai is a professional in dealing with customers and meeting their needs. Responds professionally & quickly. (If I didn't like my main contact, regardless of the price quoted, I would not hire them.)
#2 Scheduling was timely, Day 1 quote, Day 2 job sign-up, Day 4 material on site, Day 5 installed & cleaned!
#3 Quality of work was exceptional. Shingles were perfectly aligned, it's like looking at artwork.
#4 They took care to protect my and neighbors' properties
#5 Cleaned up well (as if they were never there)
#6 Although I had little interaction with the team of Roofers, they seem professional, respectful and conservative. (I dislike loud noisy workers.)
#7 Tri-City offers WSIB to their employees, which is a sign of a good employer.
.....

Their basic price (includes labour & material) is very good which included all the right basic quality roofing material (for example, they don't use waterproof felt-like lining which is a cheaper product, & does not last as long). And, they don't try and oversell on extras or maintenance packages. My price was higher because I paid extra for a different shingle material. Since I was getting quality labour from Tri-City, I decided I should invest extra $ in lifetime premium grade shingles. I was impressed that Kun and his team were adaptable to installing a different shingles product (which according to the Shingles co, it would normally require certified "masters" to install).

How did I find Tri-City? I watched them install shingles on another house on a corner (a showcase home), and that house had really steep roof angles.The outcome was pristine... their quality of work was really highlighted to me, so I chose Tri-City.

I delayed my roof project for 9 months as I researched several Roofing companies, until I finally found Tri-City Roofing company. Tri-City's prices are reasonable, but it's was more than pricing that made my decision to choose Tri-City. Like any service you hire, you should always investigate what you want, research multiple service providers, but in the end, I hope you land with Tri-City. Don't take as long as I did to find a good Roofer; check out Tri-City as your first Roofer in your investigations.

I am recommending Tri-City to my other family home owners.

Chris from Markham
Chris from Markham

New roof

We had our roof replaced by Tri-city roofing in Spring 2015. The owner (Kun) was easy to work with and quick to answer phone calls/texts. Workmanship is great so far - they cleaned up well, I haven't found a single nail on the ground so far. They used some plywood to protect gardens/windows. Price was the most reasonable of all the quotes we received.

Ed from Thornhill
Ed from Thornhill
2 reviews North York, ON

Roofing and Soffit

Tri-City replaced our roofing 3 years ago. Service was professional and reasonably priced. We were very happy with the results. We've just contacted them again this year for my parents' home.

N in North york
N in North york
1 review North York, ON

Emergency Repair & Replace Roof

We had used Tri-City Roofing services twice. First time was to repair the shingles damaged by animals and the second time was to replace the roof and eavestrough. In both instances, we found Tri-City provided prompt professional services at reasonable prices.

Claire in North york
Claire in North york
2 reviews North York, ON

replace roof and eavestrough

Last month I decided to have my roof replaced as my garage had big hole and the eavesdrop was leaking.

I don't have referral for the roofer, so I looked for them from the newspaper advertisement. I have called about 7 roofers to give me the quote. Three out of seven companies didn't show as they promised. Two companies finally come after rescheduled twice. Tri-city roofing & water proofing inc. was one of the companies come on time and provided the most reasonable price.

Just as my expectation, Tri-city came to replace my roof on time and had very minor damage of my plant. I am satisfied with the outcome and would like to recommend Tri-city to who is looking for a roofer.

Jene in Thornhill
Jene in Thornhill
3 reviews North York, ON

Very poor services

Had our new roof done in 2009 with 10 year's warranty. But the leaking problem started one year later. Called the business owner Mr. Mak who claimed they did good job and the leaking was not related to their work. He said it could be the blocked waterspout that caused the problem. I had someone cleaned it up last Autumn, but when the snow melt in spring, the leaking was back again. I called him and he said he would send out two guys to fix it, but no one showed up that day. When I called again, he said he couldn't do it coz it's wet and he'd make arrangement for the next visit... long waiting... I called again and again with the same answer from him "You wait for my call!" He was so rude, he even hung up the phone when I asked him to confirm the date to come. It's been over a month by now. I don't think he'll bother to fix the problem, so I called another reputable roofer from Homestars, they got it fixed right away and upon my request, they commented that the work was done poorly, they used very little nails (to save time, rushing job) and the edge of the shingles come out too much, if it's heavy rain, water pour out of the roof directly onto the ground instead of flowing into the eveas. It's a wrong choice to go for this company. What's the point of having such warranty? When you have problem, they don't come to fix. Customer service doesn't have any priority. I would definitely not recommend this company to any of my friends. Do some research before making up your decision.