Earthworks Landscaping

Landscape Contractors & Designers
4126 South Service Rd. Burlington ON L7L 4X5

Reviews for Earthworks Landscaping

Estimate mistake or gouging

I just received an estimate from this company to remove my existing interlock walkway and patio (approx. 600 sq. ft.) and to build new retaining walls and new patio using Permacon Mondrian.
The estimate was $9,129 more than the next highest bid (Pro-Loc), which is almost double.
I am thinking gouging of a senior rather than an estimate mistake as it was the owner who did the estimateing.
I did not pay for this service. (unable to uncheck box above)

We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We would very much appreciate you contacting our office so we can resolve this issue and not have future complaints.

There are some options as to why our quote appears much higher :

1) We often include different options in the same quote and unfortunately our estimating software adds them all together on the bottom line (working to resolve this!) giving an incorrect total.
2) It may not be comparing apples-to-apples - there are several interlock companies who do not do the ground prep work we do -> excavate/install base/compact, merely level out the area and lay stone. We pride ourselves on professional, long lasting results and therefore we are more expensive than that type of operation. We also have an extensive warranty to reflect this.
3) We may have misunderstood the scope of work and included work you did not expect.

Again, we are very sorry to hear this and invite you to please contact our office so we can investigate this issue.

Patio in Burlington
Patio in Burlington

Patio Renovation

Our 10 year old interlocking stone patio needed to be repaired. We decided to have the patio extended as well as change the steps from the living room to the patio to natural stone ones. The service we received from everyone, starting with Bert, Brit and the crew was excellent. They were responsive, professional and reliable. We were very pleased with our new patio.

We only have good things to say and therefore highly recommend them.

Thank you so much for your review. Glad you are happy with your project!

DominicC in
DominicC in

Front & Back Yards, Concrete steps fixed

While everyone tells me I paid too much, I'd say that, based on the "value-for-money" philosophy, I pretty much got what I paid for.
Quality = Excellent
Workmen = on the ball
Timeline = when they said it'd be done, it was
My only quibble was I didn't have a clue about after-care and it would've been a good idea to provide me with a document saying what to do with the sod after they'd put it down, but Bert came by to check on it and told me what I should've been doing (sent me an after-care link) so i think no damage was done and the lawn's starting to look good.

Thank you Dominic. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad you are happy with your landscaping project.

Stephanie from Vaughan
Stephanie from Vaughan

Outdoor Landscaping

We employed Earthworks this Spring (2016) to fully redo our backyard. They laid all new sod, built a new fence, and did our patio. They were extremely professional, friendly and easy to work with. They met their timelines and our budget! We would highly recommend Earthworks to anyone looking to have outdoor landscaping done. We will be using them for our future projects!

Thank you so much! We are pleased that you are happy with your project and look forward to working together in the future.

Larry Simpson in Toronto
Larry Simpson in Toronto

Stonework for front walkway, step and driveway curbing

End product okay but wish I'd gone with stamped concrete. The timeline took way too long for a fairly simple project which should have taken 3 to 4 weeks. Significant delays from starting on Apr 22-16 and finishing on July 7-16. Had to call on several occasions to keep the job moving, to address poor workmanship, unfinished stonework and repairs to an electrical outlet damaged by trades. Had a difficult time staying positive on the experience. Delays had us using the garage door for access to our house for 5 weeks. This also held up additional works at our home for window installations and exterior painting which I had to reschedule twice. End product would look a lot better without having all the aggravation attached.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and will be addressing the issues regarding timing. Again, we apologize for the difficulties you experienced.

Kristina in Stoney Creek
Kristina in Stoney Creek
1 review Hamilton, ON

great job

Good service would recommend :) workers are very friendly and hard working! Thanks for the awesome driveway and steps. Returned calls and emails promptly and was always professional when spoke to

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the feedback.

Retaining wall in backyard and privacy fence

Our backyard has a steep slope and an existing retaining wall made of railway ties that were totally rotten. Earthworks tore down and built a new retaining wall with proper drainage system and very sturdy fence to go around it- the kids can play safely and it looks beautiful! Excellent service and very prompt to answer questions etc. Competitive pricing. Very knowledgeable staff. Would definitely hire again.

Thanks for your review. We are pleased that you are happy with your experience.

Sandra Washington from Burlington
Sandra Washington from Burlington

Landscaping

I hired Earthworks Landscaping to help redo my backyard and did they ever deliver! I had an outdoor kitchen, a pool, and a new patio and walkway installed and Earthworks provided those things and more. They were very polite and professional and I enjoyed whenever they were working on my property! Thanks Earthworks, I cannot wait to spend the summer in my new backyard Oasis!

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you are enjoying your project!

Bev in St. Catharines
Bev in St. Catharines
1 review St. Catharines, ON

Back yard landscaping

We've lived in our house for over 20 years and our backyard was just so plain, basic and unimaginative. We asked Earthworks to come up with a new look and have been absolutely thrilled with the results. We were so happy with the redesigned back yard, we had them do the front yard too. Now we have a beautiful (and easy to care for!) oasis in the suburbs!

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you are enjoying your property.

Bill & Judy in Burlington
Bill & Judy in Burlington

interlock patio

The work we had done was great. They were on time everyday, and finished the job early. The workers were very professional and worked quickly and efficiently. Highly recommend them.

Thanks for your review. We enjoyed working with you!

More about Earthworks Landscaping

Earthworks Landscaping can help you create a backyard oasis for entertaining with a dazzling outdoor kitchen. Elevate your outdoor living space with a range of possibilities - from landscape design & planting to patios, inground pools, driveways, walkways, steps and water features.