Premier Comfort Heating & Cooling

Ottawa ON K1C 1B2
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Orleans  >  Premier Comfort Heating & Cooling

Reviews for Premier Comfort Heating & Cooling

2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Our air conditioner was not working fully, we were looking for an HVAC company in Orleans and this one was rated very high so I did not hesitate to call them. Martin was able to come same day, he was nice, clean and courteous. He was able to find and fix the problem fairly quickly but then he went on to trying to optimize the function of the unit without asking if that was okay. He spent lots of time researching which meant what should have been a very quick job ended up taking 2.5 hours. He fixed the original problem in the first hour, then went on to do other work that was not authorized. He ended up billing us for only 2 hours, he did give us the first 1/2 hour free. In the end Martin is a very good technician who did go above and beyond to try and optimize our unit, but we do wish he would have asked for permission first before doing the extra work.

Review has 1 previous version

Good morning,

Just wanted to acknowledge your review and note that we have contacted you this morning to try to resolve the issues you may have perceived within our last visit to you. Glad to hear the actual problem with the cooling system is resolved and now we have made contact with you via telephone and seem to have resolve the 2nd half of any mis-construations that may have arisen. Thank you for taking your time to indicate to us some areas where we may brush-up on moving forward and all constructive criticism will only enrich our and your experience.

Have a great day and I'll thank you to update your review to show perhaps a better score as that seems like a fair balance.

Sincerely,

Martin

Chanelle in Orleans
1 review Ottawa, ON

We were having issues with our AC, Martin was the technicien for the service call. Martin was very professional and friendly, had knowledge and was courteous. He took the time to explain the process with was very helpful. We has a pleasurable experience with Premier Comfort and Martin was exceptionnel. I would highly recommend them to others.

Ray from Orleans

Hi Chanelle,

I'd just like to take a moment to appreciate your kind review. We appreciate that YOU appreciate the time we take (when possible) to communicate with our customers based on needs or questions you may have. Thanks for honest opinion - that matters to us!

Sincerely,

Larry

4 reviews Ottawa, ON

After posting my first review below, i was contacted by Martin, the company owner who came today and redid the maintenance. he arrived on time at 10:00 am and finished at 12:30. Now that i had the maintenance i paid for, i'm satisfied with Premier comfort service. this is why i'm posting this update.
The technician finished the job in less than 5 minutes and waited in his van for half an hour. he didn't even touch the furnace, the air conditioning. i had tapes on the furnace which he didn't even remove and i can see the dust as is. i would have seen his fingerprints or any sign. after 30 minutes, he told me everything is working fine even though when i first called to book an appointment, i asked to change rubber rings or plastic tubes as it has been 10 years since my first maintenance. when i called this morning, the receptionist was so defensive and didn't accept any discussion. i asked to talk to the owner. i'm still waiting for his call (which i doubt). i wasted $268.94 and NOTHING was done.
won't ever recommend this company

Review has 1 previous version

Hello,

I'd just like to take the time to respond and thank you for affording us the opportunity to make-up for any objections you initially did have with our original visit to you. Through our telephone conversation & follow-up to make-right by our customers such as yourself, it was and remains a sense of accomplishment to have shown you that we are loyal, honest and professional. That is to say if we'd made any error it was purely un-intentional and hopefully you've seen through our action that we aim to please. All it takes is communication both ways and both parties can and always fruitful.

Clyde in Ayr
1 review Ottawa, ON

Very satisfied with both the products and service provided by this company and would not hesitate to recommend them.
Provided a detailed estimate for all work and products and scheduled the installations within a short period on the date promised.
Installers were knowledgeable experienced taking the time to explain the proper operation of the equipment .
All work areas were well cleaned up.

Hi Clyde, Thank you for taking the time to help our company better serve the Ottawa area by providing a review on Homestars about your experience with us. We appreciate your time and trust. Trusting your home is nice and toasty warm for the rest of the winter. Have a great day! Roxane Monette, Admin Assistant.

C Jensen in Orleans
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

I guess when you order a simple dryer installation and not a major furnace or air-conditioner job, you are likely to end up with the least-experienced technician. Philosophically-speaking, everybody has to learn sometime. After seeing the predominantly glowing reviews (and one bad one) in Homestars, I decided to try Premier, as recommended by my usual repair company which doesn't do gas. I was happy that they offered to come the same day. After an hour and a half, including a trip to the shop for an adapter, the tech presented the bill, which was greater than expected - although I know I should have anticipated that is always a possibility. Then he noted that he had not hooked up the intake hoses for the steam feature. Instead, he offered to tell me how to do it. I was not pleased and asked him to complete the hookup (at an additional cost he estimated at about fifty dollars). I immediately reconsidered, saying I would complete the job myself, at which point he said he would do it without further charge. After the correction of a small mixup between the hot and cold supply the job was virtually complete. (With this process, the unnecessary disconnection of the washer's hot input hose revealed a seized end fitting, making re-installation difficult. I purchased a new and better one later that evening to return the washer to duty.) I was a grumpy old customer while the tech was here, but was pleased when the job was finally done and I appreciated the fact that the fellow stayed to complete the job without further expense. It was not a smooth ride but I think he sincerely wanted to leave me a satisfied customer.

Good afternoon. We are honestly very pleased with your feedback. Even when feedback isn't in our favour, it helps us improve in the areas required. Our intentions are never to leave clients feeling disappointed in their experience with us. We always aim to satisfy the client even with the simplest jobs. With your observations and review, this will not only help us improve our customer experience, but also help future clients with these improvements. We hope you will consider giving us another chance at service, we would love the opportunity to demonstrate more of our our work ethics to you. Have a super day! Roxane Monette, Office Manager

arashkhgh in Orl
1 review Ottawa, ON

I had Premier Comfort install a new central Air Conditioner on my house. They offered me a fair price and provided a quality service. There was an unexpected situation in which another contractor or installer would have likely postponed the appointment to another day, but upon my request Martin and his colleagues worked up until late evening and managed to get the job done and installed the AC the same day as promised. This alone meant a lot to me and I was impressed by their professionalism and work ethics. I would absolutely use their service again and would recommend them to my friends, colleagues, and family who are looking for a professional, reliable, and quality home service expert!
AK

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the much valued time in your day to write a review for our company, it is greatly appreciated. And thank you so much for your honesty. Sometimes delays can occur, which can spin a curve ball our way, however we try our best to professionally deal with the situation and finish the work on time and as promised. Ensuring your comfort first is our slogan, and that is our ultimate mission. Thanks again! Martin Lavoie

Vanessa in Orleans
1 review Ottawa, ON

Replaced AC, furnace and purchased new gas fireplace. Martin, the owner, spent a good amount of time explaining all options and prices. Martin and all the staff are very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. Excellent prices and after sales service.

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our company. For us, it is important to take the extra time to present each client with all of the possibilities and options available to them. Each home is different and does not allow or require the same equipment to be installed therefore presenting you with all options available is a must. We appreciate your review and look forward to serving you in the next years to come. Thanks again! Martin Lavoie, President

Ghislaine
1 review Ottawa, ON

I was having major issues with uneven heat distribution, which was causing me discomfort in certain parts of my home. Martin from Premier Comfort visited my home and assessed my heating and cooling systems and provided me with the best solutions for my concerns. I chose the American Standard brand based on quality of product and client reviews. The technicians arrived on the date and time promised, they were clean and courteous, they removed my old equipment without damaging my walls and they installed my brand new furnace and air conditioning systems using above average attention to details. I felt the difference right away with the heating and cooling distribution that is much more evenly dispersed in my home. The representatives and crew of Premier Comfort were professional and clean throughout my entire installation. I recommend them to my friends and family and to you as well. Thank you Larry and Martin, as well as the crew members Marc, Stephane, Dave and Jacob for making me enjoy the comfort of my home.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our company. We are happy that you have had a pleasurable experience with us. It is important to us that our clients receive the comfort level they deserve in their home. We take pride in the results we were able to provide for you. Thank you for being a good host to our crew.

1 review Ottawa, ON

We required replacement of 2 electric furnaces and heat pumps with 2 gas furnaces and air conditioners. After obtaining 4 quotations we were most comfortable and confident that Premier Comfort could and would do the best job for us. Their price was competitive and the American Standard product responded to all of our needs. The work started and ended on schedule and throughout the workers were careful and mindful of our property. We were very pleased with the professionalism during all phases of the work. We are now enjoying perfectly controlled and distributed air flow throughout our home and wish to thank Martin L. and his crew on a job well done.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on our company. We pride ourselves with maintaining professionalism and a clean environment for each project we execute. We are pleased that you observed this and your testimonial is greatly appreciated.
Thanks again and we look forward to helping you in the future with any additional HVAC needs you might encounter.

Anto from VARS
2 reviews Vars, ON

They took the fact that my wife was pregnant without a working AC very seriously and came to help asap. Installation went well. I would recommend this company to anyone

Thank you for the review. We are always here to help. We are sympathetic to certain situations and we try our best to accommodate our much valued clients and new clients as best as possible. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. Have a fantastic day and STAY COOL :)

More about Premier Comfort Heating & Cooling

Our History in Ottawa. Premier Comfort was started in 1999 with a focus on personalized customer service and consistent results. Our licensed technicians are skilled, courteous, careful and very respectful of clients’ homes and wishes at all times. All of our service technicians are fully licensed and receive extensive ongoing training on a regular basis. Call us today to learn more and schedule your in-home consultation.