ENERGUY CANADA LTD

Reviews for ENERGUY CANADA LTD

Jessica from Old Toronto
Jessica from Old Toronto

Energy Assessment

I live in an older home and was looking into doing an energy assessment after receiving a pamphlet from Enbridge. Energuy was one of their recommended contractors. When inspection day arrived, I got my first hint that there was a problem. The inspector's greeting was "I hear you are replacing your furnace". Nope. He had a note from the office saying that we were. I indicated that we were looking for help in prioritizing which repairs would make the most sense for our home.
At the end of his visit, we received a one-page receipt that indicated "important next steps" on which almost every possible upgrade was checked (including replacing our boiler). We were told that we had only 120 days to do any upgrades but that the actual report would not be received for four weeks. In fact, it was one month and 9 days before we received the report.
In the meantime, we called various contractors for quotes. Insulation contractors suggested that installing insulation in the basement and main walls (two of the top recommendations) would be crazy as it would be ineffective unless we gutted the whole house (not in our plans). They also indicated that the GreenON rebates are far more appropriate for our home. When I contacted Energuy about this, they stated that "someone told them that I would be replacing my furnace" and that they have no responsibility to tell me that their service is not appropriate for me. I was the only one who spoke to them, and certainly never indicated any plans to replace the boiler as it is relatively new. I have had many contractors recommend against work if they felt that it would not be suitable. Those contractors instantly gain my respect, and I would recommend them without hesitation. Energuy really didn't seem to care if their service was going to work for me. They asked me if I thought that Home Depot would recommend Lowe's.
When I finally received my report, it was full of errors. It states that we have Central Air Conditioning (we do not) and a gas fired fire-place (nope). When it talks about "Your Household Operating Conditions" compared to the "Standard Operating Conditions" it got my household size and heating settings wrong. The inspector said that the report would set out the potential cost savings per upgrade. It does not. The report might be easy to read for an engineer, but not for a consumer.
If you are looking to make energy efficiency changes, save your money and use a contractor who will apply for GreenON rebates on your behalf. No "energy audit" required. This company really doesn't care if the customer is happy. My impression is that they see the gas company as the one to please, not the homeowner.

Jennifer in Hamilton
Jennifer in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Super slow to process after they are paid

This company was timely to complete the energy assessments in my house for the Union Gas rebate both pre and post renovations. Very professional. However, they took almost two months to submit the paperwork in order for me to receive the rebate. I was told it would be three weeks. I had the final audit Nov 21 and the paperwork was not submitted until January 18th. I was told the rebate would have been ready before the new year. Its now January 31st and there is no date for the rebate. All of the cheques have been cashed on their end however. Hopefully the paperwork was actually submitted and I did'nt get stiffed the $3,000 I was eligible to receive.

Carley
Carley

Great service

We recently bought a home and 4 days later the AC went. We went with Boonstra (another great company) to get a new ac and furnace and they use Energuy to do the energy assessments for the rebates. Working with Energuy was easy; they were fast, friendly, efficient and very knowledgable. I would recommend them!

Joy S. from Georgetown
Joy S. from Georgetown
10 reviews Georgetown, ON

Energy assessment

I needed to have an assessment done on my new-to-me house after ridiculously high heating bills our first winter. Finally discovered Energuy, had a super easy time arranging for an appointment, Jay showed up early, spent over two hours with me, going over the house, and had lots of advice and knowledge to share. He even pointed out potential problems with my furnace and fireplaces that were not even within his reason for being in my house.

Outstanding!

ES in Scar.
ES in Scar.

ecoEnergy program evaluation

I had 7 windows and 1 patio door replaced and the efficiency report came out form this company has lower efficiency rating than before.The guy from Energuy came to my house name was Davis Lui. I had 66 and it came out 64. I called and the guy Valerio Rocca's from Energuy answer was they cannot control this. Data gone through the given software (v10.51) and that is the rating. I questioned whether their employee have to do another check. I was ignored.

I called government ecoEnergy for this, after a month investigation. I get a call back from Energuy saying my rating was wrong. It should be 71 by now.
I check the report they sent back to me. The version of software used to generate this report is exact the same version as before (v10.51), how do they have a different outcome ??? Guessing? Manual override? ...

Ivan Blackford in Kitchener
Ivan Blackford in Kitchener
2 reviews Kitchener, ON

Energy Audit

I had an Energuy rep do an energy audit for me. He was very helpful, knowledgeable, and professional. He went through the entire audit with me and made suggestions where to improve the efficiency of my house. I called him back almost 8 months later for the follow up audit, and again he was professional and gave me a fair assessment of the work done.

jone in Port dover
jone in Port dover
2 reviews PORT DOVER, ON

An energy audit of our home to qualify for rebates

The first visit he did his initial inspection and gave the house a rating. After the installation of the furnace and the three toilets he gave the house a higher rating. This all resulted in rebates from Hyrdo and from the Ontario government and from the local municipality.

JOHN KUSZOWSKI in Mississauga
JOHN KUSZOWSKI in Mississauga

Conducts energy audit of houses

I contacted The Energuy, to conduct an energy audit of my house and to make energy efficiency recommendations in order to qualify for potential rebates. The recommendations were very helpful and increased the energy of my house by 23 %, as determined by the post retrofit audit. A very good investment.