Energuy Canada

Home Inspection
BRANTFORD ON N3R7J7

Reviews for Energuy Canada

Blowing A Lot Of (Expensive) Hot Air

They were so encouraging about how much I could save (energetically and financially) by doing this that and the other thing. In the end, it was an expensive waste of time and money that ended up benefitting the stores (and perhaps their company with commissions?).

I would not recommend them.

Aggrevated
Aggrevated
0 reviews Edwards, ON

Window rebate

I paid $452 for homeless assessment For window rebate, I was told to expect $1200 back From the government rebate , They never told me that there was a bunch of paperwork to fill out so after a year of aggravation I finally got the paperwork done just to find out That I will be receiving possibly $600. What a waste I will never recommend these people A $148 is not worth a year of aggravation

Bill
Bill
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Energuy Audit

Very satisfied with work done by Energuy
Our contact person explained the government program and what rebates to expect. He took window measurements and was a good communicator.
I would recommend Energuy to do your energy audit

Patricia in Vaughan
Patricia in Vaughan

YOU DO NOT NEED THIS TO GET GOV'T REBATE

Shyters = BEWARE CASH GRAB ONLY. Energuy is NOT a government program. ASSESSMENT is NOT necessary for rebates. DON'T let them near your house. I was told by Energuy that I needed a home assessment in order to get my government rebate for new windows and insulation. Energuy people will NOT tell you that theirs IS NOT THE SAME program as the government's of $500 per replaced window and $1 per square foot of Insulation. My report was 3 weeks late and When I question Liz - the supervisor, she answered that it is NOT their job to differentiate the Energuy program to that of the government which offers more per window and square foot.

Jessica
Jessica

Energy Assessment

I live in an older home and was looking into doing an energy assessment after receiving a pamphlet from Enbridge. Energuy was one of their recommended contractors. When inspection day arrived, I got my first hint that there was a problem. The inspector's greeting was "I hear you are replacing your furnace". Nope. He had a note from the office saying that we were. I indicated that we were looking for help in prioritizing which repairs would make the most sense for our home.
At the end of his visit, we received a one-page receipt that indicated "important next steps" on which almost every possible upgrade was checked (including replacing our boiler). We were told that we had only 120 days to do any upgrades but that the actual report would not be received for four weeks. In fact, it was one month and 9 days before we received the report.
In the meantime, we called various contractors for quotes. Insulation contractors suggested that installing insulation in the basement and main walls (two of the top recommendations) would be crazy as it would be ineffective unless we gutted the whole house (not in our plans). They also indicated that the GreenON rebates are far more appropriate for our home. When I contacted Energuy about this, they stated that "someone told them that I would be replacing my furnace" and that they have no responsibility to tell me that their service is not appropriate for me. I was the only one who spoke to them, and certainly never indicated any plans to replace the boiler as it is relatively new. I have had many contractors recommend against work if they felt that it would not be suitable. Those contractors instantly gain my respect, and I would recommend them without hesitation. Energuy really didn't seem to care if their service was going to work for me. They asked me if I thought that Home Depot would recommend Lowe's.
When I finally received my report, it was full of errors. It states that we have Central Air Conditioning (we do not) and a gas fired fire-place (nope). When it talks about "Your Household Operating Conditions" compared to the "Standard Operating Conditions" it got my household size and heating settings wrong. The inspector said that the report would set out the potential cost savings per upgrade. It does not. The report might be easy to read for an engineer, but not for a consumer.
If you are looking to make energy efficiency changes, save your money and use a contractor who will apply for GreenON rebates on your behalf. No "energy audit" required. This company really doesn't care if the customer is happy. My impression is that they see the gas company as the one to please, not the homeowner.

Jennifer in Hamilton
Jennifer in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Super slow to process after they are paid

This company was timely to complete the energy assessments in my house for the Union Gas rebate both pre and post renovations. Very professional. However, they took almost two months to submit the paperwork in order for me to receive the rebate. I was told it would be three weeks. I had the final audit Nov 21 and the paperwork was not submitted until January 18th. I was told the rebate would have been ready before the new year. Its now January 31st and there is no date for the rebate. All of the cheques have been cashed on their end however. Hopefully the paperwork was actually submitted and I did'nt get stiffed the $3,000 I was eligible to receive.

Carley
Carley

Great service

We recently bought a home and 4 days later the AC went. We went with Boonstra (another great company) to get a new ac and furnace and they use Energuy to do the energy assessments for the rebates. Working with Energuy was easy; they were fast, friendly, efficient and very knowledgable. I would recommend them!

Joy S. from Georgetown
Joy S. from Georgetown
11 reviews Georgetown, ON

Energy assessment

I needed to have an assessment done on my new-to-me house after ridiculously high heating bills our first winter. Finally discovered Energuy, had a super easy time arranging for an appointment, Jay showed up early, spent over two hours with me, going over the house, and had lots of advice and knowledge to share. He even pointed out potential problems with my furnace and fireplaces that were not even within his reason for being in my house.

Outstanding!

Lee Anne Cribbins from Brantford
Lee Anne Cribbins from Brantford
2 reviews Brantford, ON

Duct Cleaning

I have a 100 year old home that had never, to my knowledge, had the ducts cleaned. I was having problems with allergies due to the previous owner having a dog. I called Energuy duct cleaning. They were friendly on the phone and took the time to answer all of my questions. Their representative, Jay, was punctual, professional and did a great job cleaning my ducts. My allergies have improved considerably and my home is less dusty than it was before. I was very pleased with their modern equipment and would highly recommend them to my family and friends.

Looking for Home Inspection pros in Brantford?