Stairs 2 U

Chris
Chris
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Basement Railing

We hired Matt to replace our basement stair railing, as the balusters/spindles were too far apart, and the railing in general was not very stable. Matt came by to get an idea of what we were looking for and the style. After a small deposit he ordered some samples and came by to get our approval on our baluster choice and to colour match the stain to our flooring, then he ordered all of the materials. Job itself took less than two days to install, and most of the staining had been done prior to arrival to save time on-site. Our new railing looks great, and is much safer.

JC in Oakville
JC in Oakville

Staircase Renovation

Beautiful. The finished product is beautiful. The fine details on the stairs and the landings are perfect. Colour match to flooring is perfect. Matt explained the whole process, very little mess, very little disruption and they finished 2 days ahead of schedule. I would recommend Stairs 2U to anyone looking to change there carpeted staircase to wood. Excellent job, thank you.

Hardwood on Stairs

Many thanks to Matthew and his assistant Ted for the excellent work they did in upgrading the old carpeted stairs. All the work was done as promised and even beyond the initial agreement and in much shorter time than estimated. Matthew gave a lot of advice on design choices and paid a lot attention to detail. The place was cleaned up thoroughly. I would certainly recommend Matthew and Ted to all my friends.

Robert in Toronto
Robert in Toronto

Refurbish stairs

A sincere thanks to Matthew Gula and his assistant, Ted for the excellent job they did in refurbishing our older stairway. We appreciated Matthew's timeliness and advice on design choices and the workmanship and attention to detail of both gentlemen. They were always courteous, keeping disruption to a minimum and cleaning up thoroughly during and at the end of the project. We would not hesitate to recommend their services.

Kevin Kenny from Oakville
Kevin Kenny from Oakville

Hardwood on stairs and upstairs hall

Matt and his team arrived promptly each day. They left the house as they found it with a very neat and tidy work space. He made sure we were completely happy with the finished product. The quality of his work is outstanding!

Elizabeth from Oakville
Elizabeth from Oakville

Stairs and handrail redo

After redoing the entire house from the original drab of the 80's, it was now time to bring the "honey oak" stairs inline with the rest of the house. The stairs are a focal point of the entrance and sets the stage for the enitre house. Matt came to assess the stairs and provided a start date which was maintained. The work took 2 weeks to complete and some days were long. The end product was beautiful. It has transformed the entire entrance and now I can say the house is complete. The workers were tidy; Matt kept me up to date daily on the work. He was meticulous in the process. Would strongly recommend this company.

graeme philipson in Burlington
graeme philipson in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

New stairs railings and flooring

On time as promised..the stairs and flooring look great, always cleaned at the end of the day. They sanded the stairs, installed new hardwood and removed old iron railings, putting in new wood and metal railings. Overall great job.

1 review Burlington, ON

New handrail

Matt came out to the house,right after we contacted him. He gave us a quote. I felt confident that he knew what we wanted,and would install the handrail, to our standards.Ted came to install our handrail, this gentleman was very professional, and articulate.I would gladly recommend this firm.Tahnks for a job well done.

Joe from Burlington
Joe from Burlington
5 reviews Burlington, ON

Convert carpeted stairs to hardwood

I spent alot of time researching the various approaches to converting carpeted stairs to hardwood as different contractors have different solutions. Believe me all processes are the same. Further I had over 6 contractors quote and explain their approach. I'm a very picky consumer and I considered the stairway of our home as the center piece so I absolutely did not want to make a mistake with my choice.

After meeting with Matt from stairs2u I felt confident that I'd found the right contractor for the job. Matts attention to detail and his discussed approach made it clear that he was a craftsman and understood exactly how the project should be handled.

Matt and his partner ted impressed from beginning to end of the project. They are absolute perfectionists and leave no detail missed.

It was an absolute pleasure to work with both of them, and we could not be happy with the finished product. It is absolutely the showpiece we were hoping for.

It is very rare in this day and age to see a company that provides this level of quality workmanship comined with exceptional customer service all at a reasonable price.

Much appreciated ted and Matt. I will refer you to anyone looking to do a stair project in the future.

I

Rob from Burlington
Rob from Burlington
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Custom Staircase

We had multiple people come in to give us an estimate. But when Matthew came we could tell he was a perfectionist.... which is exactly what we wanted. We told Matthew we did not want just a good job.... we wanted this to be our show piece as you come thru the front door. But we are not rich. Matthew and Ted exceeded our expectations. The job was perfect. It took a little longer than expected but that is fine for the showcase that we wanted. They both have an above average work ethic as well. We had no issue leaving them in the house.

Guys thank-you very very very much!!!
For folks reading this... Take a look at the pictures