Stairs 2 U

Mississauga ON L5E 1H8

Reviews for Stairs 2 U

Gerard Caballero  in Mississauga
Gerard Caballero in Mississauga

Capping of stairs and install new railings.

After living in a 60's era home for over ten years we finally decided to finish the unfinished stairs. Matt came out and quoted us a very reasonable price and timeline to complete work. He and his guy were great to deal with, they responded right away to any concerns I had and walked me through any issues they ran into. The work was done in a tidy and efficient manner and the final outcome was beautiful new stairs in the entire house on budget and on time. if you're looking for a contractor who likes to take the time to do a nice job I highly recommend stairs2u.

Cassandra
Cassandra

Great work done by great people!

The focal point in our home is the staircase. It's the first thing you see when you walk in the door and it is very grand. We had quotes from several contractors, all who offered different opinions and ideas on how to re-finish them. Matthew was excellent, he offered ideas but also listened to the aspects that were important to us. He made sure we were happy throughout the entire process. The attention to detail was amazing! He saw things I never would have even noticed. We had another general contractor working in the house and Matthew made sure to be flexible and accommodating making the entire project stress free. We were so happy that we chose Matthew and his company for this very important job and we have already referred him to our friends and family.

Jarda in Mississauga
Jarda in Mississauga

Stairs and railing remodel

Work was done on time. Treads and riser are ok, but the railing
Is not installed properly and the spindles are crooked and some are 1/8" above the treads. The railing has a noticeable hump
In the middle. we are not satisfied with the workmanship at all
And would not recommend Stairs2u to any of my friends

Stair2U do not do this job at all - no proof no evidence no contract no any paper work no any guaranty at all.
Owner start wrong way all work I tray to help and dedicate a worker there to fix if possible all problems I supply steps and I was paid. All spindles was cut to short by owner and not number Was difficult to set up all together . Owner know accept , check and pay direct to worker for his work-help. Owner and worker they did this project together they agree in all aspects and owner finish varnishing, painting etc.. Now he go after company. Privacy policy: Do not include a person's last name or personal information

David Platt from Oakville
David Platt from Oakville

Stairs and Railings

Our home is 16 years old. The original stairs & railings were the golden oak (once popular). It was time to change all the carpet upstairs so what better time to do the stairs and railings. Matthew Gula responded quickly to my email inquiry for a quote and within 15 minutes of looking at the house, I got a fixed quote for the entire job. Other contractors measured everything out and took it all away saying they would contact me with a quote. Matthew gave me a start date and told me what to expect. We prepped the areas for sanding and when it started, the crews he had in to work were very professional and polite; they were very conscientious and worked non-stop until the job was done. Everyday, they tidied up and left the house as clean as possible. When Matthew said it was going to get done, it got done. No delays, no disappointments (no shows), good solid work from top to bottom. Even a month after when we noticed something loose in one of the railings, Matthew called, gave me a day and time and someone showed up and fixed it perfectly. I would recommend Stairs 2 U.

Laurie from Oakville
Laurie from Oakville

installation of new railing

I was in need of a new railing and found Stairs 2 U on Homestars. Matt Gula responded to my email very quickly and was at my house within a couple of days to provide an estimate. I had an idea of what I wanted, but Matt made a few suggestions and now I have a beautiful railing. Matt and his team really know what they are doing. Quality workmanship at a reasonable price! I would happily recommend Stairs 2 U to anyone! They do excellent work!

Monty from Oakville
Monty from Oakville

Stair Re Finishing

Recently purchased a house in oakville. Beautiful circular staircase went from upper floor to basement however was covered with pink carpet and the spindles and railing were outdated. Contracted Matt Gula to re-finish the stairs (new oak stairs and risers and modenrize the spindles (change all spindles) and ensure all was finished in dark stain to match flooring. Job was completed on time and very profesionally, all concerns during the project were addressed by completion. No issues with his team working with along side my other contractorswho were at the house at the same time. The stairs are now the focal point of the house as you enter.

Homeowner from Oakville
Homeowner from Oakville

Hardwood, stairs, and railings

Contracted Matt Gula for work. He invited few folks to come and work in our house. Any problems he deferred to others that work with him but when it comes to payment he wants the money himself. Job was incomplete, installation is defective, always late showing up in the morning, very unprofessional in after service discussion.

STAIRS2U DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB . Price was not accepted etc. ""Privacy policy: Do not include a person's last name or personal information""
I introduce other 2 subcontractor they deal direct with owner . I supply material for stairs and I get money for this. Contractors deal direct with owner witch change stain , paint etc... stop all process in every day was a lot of discussion - problems . He pay direct to subcontractors and all was finish late because of many changes and problems , correction etc.

ian from Oakville
ian from Oakville

Hardwood Flooring

Stairs2u did an amazing job replacing my hardwood flooring! I called around for a few quotes, and recieved the most competitve pricing from Stairs2u.
I was thouroughly pleased with the friendly service and speedy completion. I love my new floor!
These guys are professionals and I will definetely be calling them back to do my staircase....well, when the wife allows it ;) Thanks Stairs2u!

Looking for Stair Builders pros in Mississauga?