Mike Holmes Inspections

Mike Holmes Inspections

Reviews for Mike Holmes Inspections

Private User reviews Nanticoke, ON

House Inspection

Very knowledgeable about house inspection's. We felt safe at the results and finding'someone that he would find. He explained everything he was doing and why he had to do it.

Marcia from Courtice
Marcia from Courtice
9 reviews Courtice, ON

Home Inspection - Extended Version

I wanted a reliable home inspector, so I requested someone from the Mike Holmes team. They recommended the extended version because the house was quite old. I was very happy with the inspector, Andrew Dixon. He took his time and showed us his findings as we reviewed the exterior and interior of the home. He gave us peace of mind that there were no "dealbreakers", however, we did go back to the owner before finalizing the purchase to request a few repairs/upgrades based on the report we received. The report was very thorough and included photos of all of the issues found. Most of these are regular maintenance and some are upgrades based on current building code. We felt after the inspection that the home was sound and that we were able to handle the maintenance involved. It was an extremely informative experience and Andrew was very knowledgeable!

Oleg in Calgary
Oleg in Calgary

Home Inspections

I had a pleasant experience with the Mike and was very satisfied with the level of professionalism and courtesy with which the job was done. Mike was thorough, punctual and honest with his finings. I would definitely recommend his services to others.

Hi Oleg, thanks very much for the positive review. We are really proud of our inspectors and the thorough, detailed work that they do.

Kelly in Toronto
Kelly in Toronto

Awesome

This was my first home purchase and I wanted to go with someone I knew from watching on TV that if he himself wasnt available then someine working under his title would be as good.

Andrew was just awesome he walked me through the entire inspection and made me fewl comfortable purchasing my home.

I would recommend anyone to spend the extra few bucks and have the inspection "done right"

Hi Kelly, thanks for the review. All of our inspectors are trained according to Mike's standards. Glad to give you that peace of mind.

Private User reviews Cambridge, ON

Piece of Mind

We had an excellent experience with Mike Holmes Inspections as we expected to. In today's real estate climate it's sometimes necessary to waive conditions. We still had an inspection because "ignorance is not bliss". We were provided with an in-depth booklet that acts as a manual for all our repairs and helps us explain to contractors what needs to be done. This is an invaluable service. Thank goodness for Mark, for his expertise, knowledge and generosity with his time.

Bee Gee from Toronto
Bee Gee from Toronto

Conditional Home Inspection

We had a home inspection as a condition of our offer on a 40+ year house.
Andrew Dixon came out and was very good with explaining things that he was seeing and did not mind me shadowing him during the inspection.
He took the time to explain several of the major and immediate repairs that needed to be done.
Many pictures were taken and included in both the binder report (hard copy) and also in the pdf file (soft copy).
I would have given a 9.5 rating but had to settle for a 9. This was due to the fact that there was no mention about the windows (how old they were, shape they were in, when they should be replaced, energy efficiency, etc.) and also some faulty kitchen plumbing (dishwasher connection). These two items ended up costing us $12,000. It would have been nice to have known these things so we could negotiate with the seller before we closed the sale.

However, I still highly recommend Mike Holmes Inspections, especially the Recall Chek (for major appliances - we found out the dishwasher had an electrical recall issue) and the iVerify Home History Reports (on permits pulled, insurance claims history, grow-up history, sales history,etc)

Thank you for the positive review. Our inspectors are more than happy to explain findings to homeowners and have them stick around for the inspection.

Nikki in Kitchener
Nikki in Kitchener
6 reviews Waterloo, ON

Holmes inspection

Arranged for a healthy home inspection after I took possession of my house. Mark was prompt, personable and knowledgeable! The air was tested for mould, formaldehyde, VOC's and Radon. I would highly recommend!

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for reviewing us. The air inside our homes has a direct impact on our health, and we also believe a Healthy Home Inspection is very important. Mark is our lead inspector and has many many years of experience conducting inspections. We will be sure to pass along your comments to him.

Thanks for recommending our services.

mold air sample testing

The service is good and Andrew is on time. He ask us the reason for the mold air sample testing so that he could place the testing device at a place with the best result. He also give us some helpful tips. I would use this service again.

Andrea M. from Whitby
Andrea M. from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

home inspection

I used Mike Holmes Inspections for a pre-purchase inspection for an older house I planned to purchase. The inspector was very thorough and professional, taking the time to explain the process and point out items to watch for in the future. Having been through the home inspection process before, I was impressed by the level of detail in both the comments given onsite and the report given afterwards. The inspector answered all of my questions and made sure I was comfortable with the information provided. I would highly recommend Mike Holmes Inspections!

Kathleen Wheeler from Cambridge
Kathleen Wheeler from Cambridge
2 reviews Cambridge, ON

Roof Inspection

In May 2014 we contacted your co. for an inspection of our roof.
We had a new roof installed 11 months prior and had found some problems and the roofers refused to do the repairs. I thought getting a inspection report would help to get the warranty work done.
On May 28 2014 Mr. Mark Diplock did his inspection and I forwarded it to the roofing co. who refused to honour the warranty.
After 14 months we had another roofing co. re-roof our home and they found major problems that were not visible for the inspection (Plywood sheeting, underlay etc. that were missing and that we had contracted and paid for.) resulting in our filing a case with small claims court.
Mr. Diplock was summoned by the defense ( we did not want him to have to come all the way to Kitchener just to testify for 15 min.) His testimony actually helped our case resulting in winning our judgement against the first roofing co. this past week.
Thank you for supplying us with such an excellent report and we would recommend your services to anyone who may be in need of a home inspection in the future.
Ron & Kathy Wheeler

More about Mike Holmes Inspections

Mike Holmes Inspections go beyond industry standards to provide a thorough assessment of your home. Specialized equipment like moisture meters, infra-red cameras and thermocams are used. Our inspectors take their time with your home and will provide you with valuable knowledge about your home’s major components and systems. You will ...
Looking for Home Inspection pros in Etobicoke ?