Barclay Restorations

Fire & Water Damage Restoration
Surrey BC V4N 4X5
HomeStars  >  Fire & Water Damage Restoration in Surrey  >  Barclay Restorations

Reviews for Barclay Restorations

1 review Surrey, BC

Had a basement flood earlier this year ( April )
Started my claim. Received a phone call very quickly by a Barclay rep. The guys where there within an hour and a half to install fans, and started removing my laminate flooring. They were nice, quick, and went the extra mile in regard to setting up poly, and other site protection. They were patient with my questions, and very calm.

1 review Delta, BC

Barclay staff were professional, helpful and courteous in dealing with our flood damaged house from start to finish. They were efficient, showed up when they said they would and the workmanship was awesome. Our place

1 review Burnaby, BC

Complete nightmare, took 3 months to complete estimate and an additional 6 months to complete the job. They told me 2 months to complete the job and it took over 9 months and the job isnt even finished... they never came back to fix small deficiencies. There were hidden charges at the end of the project totaling over 4k. These extra cost were not expected and tacked on at the end of the project. I suspect they lowered their bid to get the job from the insurance adjuster and realized at the end of the project they loss money and stuck me with the bill. This is a very shady restoration company and they have close ties with certain adjusters. BEWARE AND BE CAREFUL OF THIS COMPANY OR IF YOUR INSURANCE ADJUSTER RECOMMENDS THEM OR SEEKS A ESTIMATE FROM THEM. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHO REPAIRS YOUR HOME. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE ANY COMPANY OTHER THEN BARCLAYS.

1 review Vancouver, BC

Called this company to ask for an estimate, quoted anywhere from 10K-20K. Decided not to get work done and then was sent a bill for $320 just for the estimate. This is not industry standard, stay away from this company, they are unreasonably priced and not straightforward. There was no mention that the estimate would cost me money.

1 review Vancouver, BC

- Don't choose them if you need IMMEDIATE repair. It took 4 months for them to finalize the insurance paperwork and another 3 months to schedule the work
- Expect the cost to match your maximum deductible. My quote had a 53% labor cost which just happen to total $2456, which is $46 shy of my deductible of $2500. Where they get 53%, I have no idea.
- Make sure to PAY AFTER ALL REPAIRS ARE DONE. I made the mistake of giving the payment upfront and they never completed the repair even after numerous phone calls and emails. We got tired of waiting that we completed the small repairs ourselves.

Lee Ho Fan in Richmond
9 reviews Richmond, BC

A huge storm last Winter destroyed my basement. Fortunately it was covered by insurance so I was able to find a quality place to restore my basement. Barclay Restorations made my basement fancy, from European designs to Made In Italy furniture. I feel like I'm walking into a palace as I walk into my basement now. Barclay, you're awesome. Very good quality and service.

MA in North delta
1 review Delta, BC

After a house fire,my insurance co hired Barclays for the rebuild.Needless to say the experience was less than desirable.After 5 mos and going over the defiencies-I was not happy with the tile job in the bathtub;was told no prob we'll send someone out.This was after I received a bill for my upgrades to the tune of over 7k-long story short-they never did come back and I held back money for the job left incomplete.I now know if not happy with the co your insurance adjuster has chosen tell them to hire someone else