HomeStars  >  General Contractors in Toronto  >  Sean Kynaston Morris Construction And Renovation

Reviews for Sean Kynaston Morris Construction And Renovation

JP and Nicole in Toronto
JP and Nicole in Toronto

Bathroom Renovation

Sean was fantastic to work with! The work was done on time, on budget and he was pleasant and professional . His partner, Danny, was also terrific, he is a perfectionist and took the time to carefully look after every little detail. We were delighted with the results and would recommend them without reservation.

Alan in Thornhill
Alan in Thornhill
5 reviews York Regional Municipality, ON

Bathroom renovation x 2, plumbing replacement, painting

Sean and Danny recently completed a renovation project for us that began in February 2016 and took approximately six weeks.

The project involved the demolition and construction of two new bathrooms on the upper level, replacement of plumbing for the entire home (including associated dry wall repairs), and re-painting the entire home. Their work is diligent and impeccable, and we are very happy with the finished work.

Sean is largely a carpenter and project manager, and Danny is the primary labour force for the team. Sean sub-contracts additional trades e.g., design, electrical, plumbing, etc. as needed. Most impressive about Sean's work is his commitment to detail: his quote came in at very near where he said it would, and his timetable was completed on time -- almost to the day. Also equally impressive is their attention to a clean work space. We continued to live in our home during the renovation, and they spend a good deal of time cleaning up at the end of each work day e.g., controlling for dust, putting away tools, tidying up the work areas, etc. The house remained livable and comfortable for the entirety of the project.

Sean's communications are also detailed, polite, and timely, which was a great positive experience and far beyond other contracting experiences we've had.

In deciding to work with Sean, you would not only be agreeing to get great quality work but also a team that adapts and improvises well, cares about the quality of their work, and brings a great attitude to the project. We couldn't be happier with the work they have done and would recommend them to anyone.

David Friestadt from Toronto
David Friestadt from Toronto

Basement Renovation

Sean and Danny have done several smaller jobs for me in the past and I always found them to be professional, reliable, on time and budget. When it came time to do my basement renovation, hiring Sean and Danny was a no brainer. Sean was great at communicating my responsibility as a home owner regarding budget, drawings, plans, permits, inspections etc. He always updated me on a regular basis so I never felt I was in the dark or left wondering what was happening next. Due to scheduling conflict I had to hire a different contractor to to the underpinning portion of the work, I cannot say that experience went as smoothly or without delay. Once Sean and Danny took over that is when the project really started moving on time and on budget. Even after making additions and changes to the plan that I am sure I drove them crazy with. Sean and Danny were always courteous and professional and most of all, respectful to me the home owner. The quality of work that I got was superb and I would definitely hire Sean and Danny again without hesitation.

Mount Pleasant and Hillsdale
Mount Pleasant and Hillsdale

Laundry room renovation, Shed build, & Misc

Over the past three years, Sean (and Danny) have worked on several projects for us to include: a shed built from scratch based on designs and photos (see end result), bathroom and kitchen sink replacement and repair, drywall repair after a flood, re-sizing of a storage closet, and most recently, renovation of our laundry room.
We have employed his service each time because he and his subcontractors have been excellent. Sean has had attention to detail, was very reasonable with respect to budget, was open re: any unexpected findings or changes to the original plan if needed (even took pictures and texted when he found an issue from the original structure during the laundry renovation), is knowledgeable about existing code and permit requirements, and was prompt and readily available to discuss the project by phone, email, even text. We found his willingness to be upfront re: our own expectations to be crucial. A bonus: he is a true pleasure to work with, prompt, reliable, good-humoured, courteous, and worked easliy around our little kids' and nanny's needs.
I am, admittedly, extremely particular about my home and the end product. Extremely! And I would recommend Sean beyond any other area contractor (I have worked with two others in the GTA) as he can manage both the project itself and the consumer expectations with professionalism.

Karen from Toronto
Karen from Toronto

2nd floor renovation

Best Reno experience we have ever had. From the planning stage right through to the last day, Sean and Danny were amazing. Sean was always upfront and honest about cost and what my options were. I never once felt left out of the process or unaware of what was happening. He was quick to answer my (many) questions and left the cleanest work site I have ever seen! And with two kids running around the rest of the house while this was going on, that was important.
His attention to detail was such a welcome change to what I was used to dealing with. We were in consistent communication at each stage so I always knew what to expect. (For an A type such as myself - big bonus!)
Most incredibly, they finished the job early! ...and on budget. Kind and courteous, my boys still miss having them around:)
I look forward to the next time I can call on them. I have recommended them to a few friends already.

Michelle from Toronto
Michelle from Toronto

Kitchen Renovation

Sean was a dream to work with. He responded to calls and emails very quickly, he did what he said he would do, he finished the work on time (actually a bit ahead of schedule), and he charged us the price on his original quote. How often does this happen with a contractor?

Our reno went very smoothly and Sean arranged all of the trades required (electrician, gas fitter) bringing in professional, punctual and friendly people. Sean and Danny were hard-working and took pride in everything they did, not stopping until it was just right. They were tidy and left our house in a good state at the end of each day, which was important as we have 2 dogs who sometimes eat things that are left around even if they don’t resemble food!

Sean was always helpful and gave his advice and opinions freely. He didn’t make a fuss over small changes, and was very level-headed in addressing any problems. I highly recommend his services to anyone considering a home reno.

Marlene from Toronto
Marlene from Toronto

Main Floor/Kitchen Reno

Our renovation was extensive. Sean and his team gutted our first floor and rebuilt it from scratch. Sean was an absolute professional – his attention to detail and quality workmanship is second to none. There were a few surprises behind our walls and ceilings that Sean was able to repair within our schedule and at a reasonable rate.
Sean remains on site and is a team member – this was crucial to us – as the benefits of having him as part of the team/onsite is invaluable. We have had poor experiences with general contractors that supervise multiple projects from their pickup truck. Sean is personally invested in his work and team. He is proficient at communicating the progress of the project. His team is clean, neat, organized and understands the stress renovations can cause homeowners.
We were out of town for most of the project – Sean and his team had our best interest in mind every step of the way. Sean kept us looped in with pictures and emails. If Sean made a suggestion – we knew – it was the right way to go. We look forward to working with Sean and his team again in the near future.
Rory and Marlene

Diane McArthur  from Old Toronto
Diane McArthur from Old Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Main Floor/Kitchen Reno

Reno included taking out walls, replacing staircase, new kitchen and configuration (plumbing, electrical, HVAC), powder room reorg to bring laundry to main floor, new hardwood upstairs, match and refinish mainfloor hardwood. All this on-time, on-budget. Sean was amazing to work with and all his sub-trades were reliable, friendly and easy to work with too. Sean was also a great source of suggestions on suppliers and design ideas to help keep the project moving along. Can't recommend Sean highly enough and loved Danny who was the #2 on my project. I am sad to see them leave and look forward to working with Sean again in the future.

e hahn from Toronto
e hahn from Toronto

join, renovate 2 condo apartments

Our renovation included removing several walls, a kitchen, 2 baths, the entire flooring. With his team, Sean Morris put in new walls and did much of the carpentry work. He organized and supervised the trades (plumbing, electrical, tiling, flooring, painting). For the 2 baths we chose European wall-hung fixtures (toilet, bidet). Installing these to the existing plumbing, called for much ingenuity.
Throughout the project we lived at 2 hours distance. When we came on weekends, the work site was always tidy and cleaned up. Sean was quick to respond to our calls and to answer our questions fully. As well, he was excellent at keeping track of minute details. His timing and budget turned out to be very accurate.
We found Sean to be energetic, quick-minded, resourceful, committed, trustworthy; he has an uncommonly optimistic even temperament.
We recommend him gladly and without reservation.

lai in Toronto
lai in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

kitchen, bathroom condo renovation

Sean is Awesome! He is an excellent communicator. Always gets back to you within 24 hours (often within a few hours) with answers to any question you have. He is very customer focused. His workman ship is great and he has an eye for detail. He is creative with solutions to problems that pop up and all renos have unexpected problems. I found working with Sean to be the best renovation experience I've ever had. And I've done many renovations! It was fun and not stressful even though it was a really tight timeline. He is on time and on budget. The most important thing I valued most is that he genuinely cares. He is excellent value. You often get what you pay for but with Sean you get much more!

Looking for General Contractors pros in Toronto?