How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Royal Crown Aluminum Inc

Royal Crown Aluminum did a great job! Eni and the crew were extremely helpful and detail oriented.

My original gutters were never installed correctly - the corners leaked, the downspouts where undersized and I had missing downspouts on sections of the house. Royal crown provided advice, corrected all my issues and help me color match. Everything looks great!

They were prompt and efficient going beyond what I expected - informing me of other issues where animals might be getting in, informing me of nail pops on my roof and where a previous contractor neglected to properly install the gutter guards.

My job was not easy with the rooflines and challenging areas to reach but Eni and crew did a great job.

Job Price

The main reason why I chose Royal Crown Aluminum Inc. is because they are very responsive. Their representative Eni contacted me the next day after I sent out the request, and he showed up on the weekend to do the assessment, and I got the quote the following Monday! While I had to wait for almost a month to just get another company to come by for a visit. I did read some bad reviews on Homestars about them and had a little worry, but I believe attitude is very important, so I chose them. Eni kept his promise by giving my job high priority due to the bad situation (the gutters leaking badly in several places) and sent his team to work on my house the next day after I paid the deposit! To me, they did pretty good job and I am happy!

Linda Thompson from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

The supreme test for a great Company is when uncontrollable problems arise. I had quality issues with color consistency on my eavestroughs. Royal Crown ,led by ENI stood 100%behind me and sanctioned the supplier and replaced the faulty product. There is no greater sign of Professionalism and Integrity.Well Done Royal Crown.
Dan

brittwn in Toronto

We had our soffits, facia and eavestroughs and downspouts replaced by Royal Crown Aluminum and emphasized that there needed to be a good fit because squirrels had a tendency to come and go which is why we were choosing aluminum. When they installed the new gutters they left large gaps all around the work letting squirrels come and go as they pleased. Some were installed improperly resulting in them falling off and after all that, they didn't even connect the downspouts properly resulting in thousands of dollars in foundation damage to our property. When I contacted them about our warranty no one would return my emails or calls.

Job Price

In early May we received a lot of rain over the course of 3 days in Toronto. The old spikes holding my eaves in place finally gave way. Water started to pool and I eventually had a waterfall on the side of my house. An emergency repair call to Royal Crown was handled promptly. Over the phone Ina managed my expectations very well and was updated throughout the day on the arrival of the repair team. Tony and Blair arrived and were quick to assess the situation and the work required. The situation and the required work was well explained and my not-so-beautiful waterfall was finally gone. I thank the team for their response and diligence.

Trevor in Toronto

I was in the market to get my eavestroughs redone on my house and Royal Crown came recommended to me from my neighbours. I met with the rep from the company who was nice, as they always are. I received the quote and agreed to have them do the work. It seemed like a lot of money for just eaves but I figured that I would just pay it to have a good job done. The work was completed within a couple of hours and off they went. At first rainfall, I immediately had water coming into my house. I called the company and sent them photos and videos of how the water was coming into my house and how it was running down my siding from the roof, which made no sense to me as I thought the water was supposed to run into the eaves and not come from behind them and down my siding. I called many times and sent emails and they came back out several (4) times to come and repairs the work they had just completed. Never did anyone tell me what was happening or what they were repairing. I took it that they are the experts and were doing what they could to make it all stop from entering my house. All was a quick fix, I would later find out.

What Royal Crown should have done was to let me know that I needed to have other work done on my roof before they could correctly install new eaves. Had we had that conversation, they probably would've had more work coming from me as I wanted to have the job done correctly. But, here I am on HomeStars having to give them a negative review, this I tried to avoid and warned them that this review was coming.

A year passed and I needed to get my flat roof done and called a different company that came heavily recommended and met with them and they seemed like the real deal and not someone who was trying to just take my money and be gone. That company took photos of the eaves before they took them off and asked me if I had water coming into my house, of course I had. They told me that they couldn't reuse the eaves because of the condition that they were in and that they needed to be scrapped (photos below).

I emailed Royal Crown for them to come out and take and look. After several (2) attempts and a no show appointment, I gave up and had the new company start the work on my roof. Royal Crown did come out to the job site the day after work had started and told us that there was a reason that they cut our eaves and made them useless: it was because my house was sinking(!). What in the heck was this guy talking about?! My house is not sinking, they just messed up the job and didn't want to take any responsibility. Then the man from Royal Crown got into a verbal fight with my new contractor, which was not fun to watch.

In the end they offered me new eaves only that my new people could put on themselves. I asked kindly for half of my money back, as I thought I was being reasonable and really wanted all my money back for such a terrible job. I get it, sometimes things don't work out and we just need to take responsibility and give in. This is not the case here. I will NOT recommend this company to anyone else in the future and will make sure people DO NOT use them. There are many others to choose from and do your homework as most of these company's are all the same. Find a 'word-of-mouth' contractor that only works by referrals, that is what I will do from now on.

Best of luck, Royal Crown!

PHOTO 1: the eaves is installed incorrectly and the water runs from the roof and IN BETWEEN(!) the eaves and my roof, into my siding/house.

PHOTO 2: a brand new installed eaves that was cut and then repaired to adjust for the slope of my house, instead of telling me that I needed some other work done on my house if they were going to install is properly, that discussion never happened and my money and time were wasted.