Railings
Royal Crown Aluminum Inc

Reviews for Royal Crown Aluminum Inc

Siding and eavestroughs

This company came and gave me quote,i thought it was little bit expensive for a 6 hour job but the job was done very professionally and high quality material was used so i liked everything they did.

KevinW
KevinW

Soffit and fascia repair

Summary:
- Did not honor warranty - insisted on payment for repair
- After endless emails and calls to organize the repair, they did not show up on scheduled repair day
- Showed up on second scheduled day without the necessary ladder
- After second failed scheduled repair, I emailed complaining. Royal Crown responded by saying they simply weren't going to do the repair anymore and ceased responding.
- I complained to the Better Business Bureau, they never even replied to them

Details:
Royal Crown installed the soffit and fascia on our house only a few months before we purchased it. Within the first year, we had aluminum siding fall off twice - first, on the north side, second, on the south side. The first incident occurred immediately after purchase, so the previous owners fixed it. The second incident occurred about a year after the purchase, so we had to handle it.
I contacted Royal Crown with some urgency because a large piece of siding was hanging from the roof 20+ feet up (see photo) - this was clearly a risk to both people and property. They were unmoved by this and it took multiple calls and emails to get a response (it seems many others in this comments section have objected to how slowly they respond when warranties are being called on!).
After much discussion, I was told that this would not be fixed under the warranty because it had been windy recently and wind isn't covered. First, I never told them which day this happened, so how would they know whether it coincides with a windy day? Second, my house was the only one on the block that had fascia fall off. When it was ultimately fixed by another company, that company told me the screws used to attach it were too small and if they didn't replace them with larger ones, it would happen again.... Windy indeed. After many calls and emails (almost entirely by me, very few returned), they agreed to a reduced price of about $200 to do the repair, acting like they were doing me a favour. I had no choice, so I accepted.
We scheduled a repair, I took the morning off work, and no one shows... After waiting a couple hours, I call and they say the repair was cancelled for bad weather - no call, nothing.
We reschedule for two days later. Another morning off work. This time they do show up, but don't have a long enough ladder because the repair team wasn't told it was an unusually high roof. This is surprising because 1) they did the install of the siding in the first place, 2) I sent many pictures of the issue and 3) when they were telling me what a favour they were doing me by charging only $200, they mentioned that it would cost me $1,000 anywhere else because of how high the roof was. But repair guys apologize and say they'll be back the next day...
So now, it has taken a month of unreturned emails and phone calls to 1) not have the warranty honoured and 2) have two mornings off work wasted. So I send a strongly worded but unoffensive email to the company, expressing my displeasure.
They respond to say that, all of a sudden, we have no rights under the warranty, that they "tried to accommodate us", but after seeing the issue, they aren't able to do the repair! I call and the receptionist won't transfer me to anyone else. I email and no one responds. Ever.
Read other reviews - this is how this company acts when dealing with warranties. Customer beware.
So, I end up having to pay someone else $900 to do the repair (which clearly could be done) and, as I mentioned, they have to change all the screws to prevent the siding from falling off again. So they did a bad job on the initial install and then didn't honour the warranty! Otherwise, they're great!
I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, but they just simply never responded. https://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-reviews/fence-contractors/royal-crown-aluminum-in-concord-on-1310728
Take your business somewhere it is appreciated.

patriciab in Etobicoke
patriciab in Etobicoke

Eaves trough replacement.

Yesterday morning I discovered part of my eaves trough was dangling in the wind and banging against the house. I called RCA and they arrived within an hour and a half to assess. The trough was replaced the same day. Great service. Extremely trustworthy!

LauraStewart
LauraStewart

Eves, siding, soffit

Absolutely beautiful workmanship. The house looks so nice and happy to know my investment is protected. The work took two days to complete and no mess was left for me to clean up. I’m very happy I chose Royal Crown Alluminum.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Eavestrough replacement

Royal Crown Aluminum did a great job! Eni and the crew were extremely helpful and detail oriented.

My original gutters were never installed correctly - the corners leaked, the downspouts where undersized and I had missing downspouts on sections of the house. Royal crown provided advice, corrected all my issues and help me color match. Everything looks great!

They were prompt and efficient going beyond what I expected - informing me of other issues where animals might be getting in, informing me of nail pops on my roof and where a previous contractor neglected to properly install the gutter guards.

My job was not easy with the rooflines and challenging areas to reach but Eni and crew did a great job.

Install new gutters/downpipes and cap the siding trims

The main reason why I chose Royal Crown Aluminum Inc. is because they are very responsive. Their representative Eni contacted me the next day after I sent out the request, and he showed up on the weekend to do the assessment, and I got the quote the following Monday! While I had to wait for almost a month to just get another company to come by for a visit. I did read some bad reviews on Homestars about them and had a little worry, but I believe attitude is very important, so I chose them. Eni kept his promise by giving my job high priority due to the bad situation (the gutters leaking badly in several places) and sent his team to work on my house the next day after I paid the deposit! To me, they did pretty good job and I am happy!

Linda Thompson from Whitby
Linda Thompson from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

eavestroughs /soffits

The supreme test for a great Company is when uncontrollable problems arise. I had quality issues with color consistency on my eavestroughs. Royal Crown ,led by ENI stood 100%behind me and sanctioned the supplier and replaced the faulty product. There is no greater sign of Professionalism and Integrity.Well Done Royal Crown.
Dan

Britt
Britt

Eavestrough Replacement

We had our soffits, facia and eavestroughs and downspouts replaced by Royal Crown Aluminum and emphasized that there needed to be a good fit because squirrels had a tendency to come and go which is why we were choosing aluminum. When they installed the new gutters they left large gaps all around the work letting squirrels come and go as they pleased. Some were installed improperly resulting in them falling off and after all that, they didn't even connect the downspouts properly resulting in thousands of dollars in foundation damage to our property. When I contacted them about our warranty no one would return my emails or calls.

More about Royal Crown Aluminum Inc

ROYAL CROWN ALUMINUM has over 20 years of experience in the business and over 150, 000 happy customers. We continue to establish, define, improve and maintain the industry's high standards and requirements. We are deeply committed to integrity and ethical standards in supplying Toronto and the GTA with the best ...
Looking for Railings pros in Bradford West Gwillimbury?